Towing the Lion

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23806
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren » 24 Mar 2018, 12:12

Ellie wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 10:45
Not a towing but a rather poor arrangement of clauses:
Does anyone know if there are any essential oils that should be avoided while trying to get pregnant (via diffuser)?
I've heard of using a turkey baster, but the diffuser method is a new one on me.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 2760
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 07:56
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Jasper » 26 Mar 2018, 10:52

Warren wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 12:12
Ellie wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 10:45
Not a towing but a rather poor arrangement of clauses:
Does anyone know if there are any essential oils that should be avoided while trying to get pregnant (via diffuser)?
I've heard of using a turkey baster, but the diffuser method is a new one on me.
They're hoping for a homeopathic fertilization.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

User avatar
Jadagul
Posts: 6629
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:51

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Jadagul » 13 Apr 2018, 03:56

this is a horrifying post:
Anonymous wrote:Fun fact: the phrase "toe the line" is actually "tow the line" as in everyone pulling on a rope together to move a heavy object. Nobody really cares if it's wrong but it's fun to look at how turns of phrase get edited over time.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23806
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren » 13 Apr 2018, 11:15

Jadagul wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 03:56
this is a horrifying post:
Anonymous wrote:Fun fact: the phrase "toe the line" is actually "tow the line" as in everyone pulling on a rope together to move a heavy object. Nobody really cares if it's wrong but it's fun to look at how turns of phrase get edited over time.
This demands to be responded to. It must not go unchallenged. It's Tow The Lion!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14059
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Aresen » 13 Apr 2018, 11:45

Warren wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 11:15
Jadagul wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 03:56
this is a horrifying post:
Anonymous wrote:Fun fact: the phrase "toe the line" is actually "tow the line" as in everyone pulling on a rope together to move a heavy object. Nobody really cares if it's wrong but it's fun to look at how turns of phrase get edited over time.
This demands to be responded to. It must not go unchallenged. It's Tow The Lion!
"Toe the loin" is for foot-fetishists.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23806
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren » 13 Apr 2018, 11:54

Aresen wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 11:45
Warren wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 11:15
Jadagul wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 03:56
this is a horrifying post:
Anonymous wrote:Fun fact: the phrase "toe the line" is actually "tow the line" as in everyone pulling on a rope together to move a heavy object. Nobody really cares if it's wrong but it's fun to look at how turns of phrase get edited over time.
This demands to be responded to. It must not go unchallenged. It's Tow The Lion!
"Toe the loin" is for foot-fetishists.
That doesn't even make sense :?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3552
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Painboy » 13 Apr 2018, 14:30

Jadagul wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 03:56
this is a horrifying post:
Anonymous wrote:Fun fact: the phrase "toe the line" is actually "tow the line" as in everyone pulling on a rope together to move a heavy object. Nobody really cares if it's wrong but it's fun to look at how turns of phrase get edited over time.
Aargh I hate people.

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11933
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 Apr 2018, 14:39

Something, something evolving language.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Jadagul
Posts: 6629
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:51

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Jadagul » 13 Apr 2018, 14:57

I'm all there for something something evolving language, at least in theory. But that doesn't apply to claims about the history of the language at all.

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11933
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 Apr 2018, 16:15

Jadagul wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 14:57
I'm all there for something something evolving language, at least in theory. But that doesn't apply to claims about the history of the language at all.
History evolves!
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15625
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by lunchstealer » 13 Apr 2018, 16:21

History is unintelligently designed.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23806
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren » 13 Apr 2018, 20:31

Time is bunk
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 10969
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Ellie » 19 Apr 2018, 14:07

Screenshot 2018-04-19 at 1.06.00 PM - Edited.png
Screenshot 2018-04-19 at 1.06.00 PM - Edited.png (150.18 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 10969
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Ellie » 24 Apr 2018, 19:26

what do you use to thicken gravy or soups that are low-carb? Like instead of a rue?
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 2760
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 07:56
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Jasper » 25 Apr 2018, 12:49

Ellie wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 19:26
what do you use to thicken gravy or soups that are low-carb? Like instead of a rue?
I use self-loathing, personally.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15625
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Apr 2018, 13:34

Jasper wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 12:49
Ellie wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 19:26
what do you use to thicken gravy or soups that are low-carb? Like instead of a rue?
I use self-loathing, personally.
That always separates on me and I end up with thin gravy with huge lumps of congealed self-loathing.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23806
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren » 25 Apr 2018, 15:16

lunchstealer wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 13:34
Jasper wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 12:49
Ellie wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 19:26
what do you use to thicken gravy or soups that are low-carb? Like instead of a rue?
I use self-loathing, personally.
That always separates on me and I end up with thin gravy with huge lumps of congealed self-loathing.
You can dissolve the lumps with atonement, but that's so much work and messy. I just use alcohol. You lose viscosity, but you also lose shits to give.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15625
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Apr 2018, 16:54

Warren wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 15:16
lunchstealer wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 13:34
Jasper wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 12:49
Ellie wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 19:26
what do you use to thicken gravy or soups that are low-carb? Like instead of a rue?
I use self-loathing, personally.
That always separates on me and I end up with thin gravy with huge lumps of congealed self-loathing.
You can dissolve the lumps with atonement, but that's so much work and messy. I just use alcohol. You lose viscosity, but you also lose shits to give.
And thus are the internets won.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22574
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Mo » 01 May 2018, 10:20

Warren wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 20:31
Time is bunk
It is actually a cube.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 10969
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Ellie » 02 May 2018, 03:07

My favorite typo so far this year:
This font is ideal for communication pieces, due to its space saving qualities, geometric elegance of its shapes, and eight wights.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

User avatar
Jake
Posts: 2499
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:38

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Jake » 02 May 2018, 03:08

Ellie wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:07
My favorite typo so far this year:
This font is ideal for communication pieces, due to its space saving qualities, geometric elegance of its shapes, and eight wights.
Nazgul Sans?
"TIL that it's genetically impossible for whales to have evolved from leg-having ancestors, millions of scientists are signing a petition to stop the teaching of evolution and evolution isn't real because Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews. Alternately, I met a moron at the museum." -- TIO

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11933
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Eric the .5b » 02 May 2018, 06:24

Jake wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:08
Ellie wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:07
My favorite typo so far this year:
This font is ideal for communication pieces, due to its space saving qualities, geometric elegance of its shapes, and eight wights.
Nazgul Sans?
I want that font.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13247
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Kolohe » 02 May 2018, 09:36

Jake wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:08
Ellie wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:07
My favorite typo so far this year:
This font is ideal for communication pieces, due to its space saving qualities, geometric elegance of its shapes, and eight wights.
Nazgul Sans?
I love this so much I want to put a ring on it.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23806
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by Warren » 02 May 2018, 12:16

Kolohe wrote:
02 May 2018, 09:36
Jake wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:08
Ellie wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:07
My favorite typo so far this year:
This font is ideal for communication pieces, due to its space saving qualities, geometric elegance of its shapes, and eight wights.
Nazgul Sans?
I love this so much I want to put a ring on it.
That's precious.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 25784
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Towing the Lion

Post by thoreau » 02 May 2018, 12:17

Kolohe wrote:
02 May 2018, 09:36
Jake wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:08
Ellie wrote:
02 May 2018, 03:07
My favorite typo so far this year:
This font is ideal for communication pieces, due to its space saving qualities, geometric elegance of its shapes, and eight wights.
Nazgul Sans?
I love this so much I want to put a ring on it.
If grylliade were to end right now it could end knowing that it has ended on the highest note possible.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests