The Sheriff Joe Arpaio Memorial Prison Reform Thread

Painboy

Re: The Sheriff Joe Arpaio Memorial Prison Reform Thread

Post by Painboy » 31 Aug 2018, 16:47

Warren wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 15:29
Andrew wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 14:10
Ducey is up for reelection in Nov. Appointing Joe gets him nothing since Maricopa County (3.8 million vs 3.2 million in rest of state) has proven it's already very tired of Joe. And the rest of the state is more Blue leaning than Maricopa County (so even more anti-Joe). A younger Team Red guy who is generally popular in Arizona and can win again in 2 years gets him all the right Red voters to win again in Nov.
That sounds right.
If Joe A dies in his own bed, I'm going to be disgruntled.
Hopefully his last days will be in a nursing home staffed with immigrants and ex-cons.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 31 Aug 2018, 21:31

Painboy wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 16:47
Warren wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Ducey is up for reelection in Nov. Appointing Joe gets him nothing since Maricopa County (3.8 million vs 3.2 million in rest of state) has proven it's already very tired of Joe. And the rest of the state is more Blue leaning than Maricopa County (so even more anti-Joe). A younger Team Red guy who is generally popular in Arizona and can win again in 2 years gets him all the right Red voters to win again in Nov.
That sounds right.
Hopefully his last days will be in a nursing home staffed with immigrants and ex-cons.
Surrounded by razorwire and guard towers.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 31 Aug 2018, 21:50

lunchstealer wrote:
Painboy wrote:
Warren wrote:
Andrew wrote:
That sounds right.
In Puerto Rico...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 31 Aug 2018, 21:58

Taktix® wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 21:50
lunchstealer wrote:
Painboy wrote:
Warren wrote:
Andrew wrote:
That sounds right.
In Puerto Rico...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
Or a leased portion of Cuba.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 11 Oct 2018, 15:43

The WA supreme court has ruled the death penalty unconstitutional "because it is imposed in an arbitrary and racially biased manner."
Washington has had a moratorium on executions since 2014, but the ruling makes it the 20th state to do away with capital punishment.

The court unanimously converted the sentences of the eight people on death row to life in prison, though the justices differed mildly in their reasoning.

“The use of the death penalty is unequally applied — sometimes by where the crime took place, or the county of residence, or the available budgetary resources at any given point in time, or the race of the defendant,” Chief Justice Mary Fairhurst wrote in the lead opinion.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul