When journalism goes bad

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24246
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Warren » 28 Jan 2018, 13:34

nicole wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 08:34
lunchstealer wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 17:39
Andrew wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 16:37
nicole wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 12:00
It's nice for you that you don't get lumped in a group with them.
When does that happen?
Lumped in as a millennial?
Or, you know, as a woman. As a millennial woman. As a feminist. As a socially liberal woman. But mostly just as a woman.
As a woman? Because society if awash in people that think all women stop maturing at 14?
If you really encounter people that assume you are like the babe.net girl because you're a woman, I think that's fixable. That is, I think you could avoid such people if you made that a priority. I also don't think those individuals would respect you as an fully formed educated adult save for babe.net.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6127
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Andrew » 28 Jan 2018, 16:33

Wait a minute... nicole is a millennial snake person?
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Dangerman
Posts: 6220
Joined: 07 May 2010, 12:26

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Dangerman » 29 Jan 2018, 13:01

Nicole and I are in the minority subset of snake people who still remember the time before we were driven below the earth. That is, we're more or less the oldest edge of millennial.
Last edited by Dangerman on 30 Jan 2018, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 2828
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 07:56
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Jasper » 29 Jan 2018, 16:22

In that case, one of you swing by Ridgley's place and the other by Aresen's, and make sure they've eaten all of their mashed potatoes and are set for Matlock.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14356
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Aresen » 29 Jan 2018, 17:15

Jasper wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 16:22
In that case, one of you swing by Ridgley's place and the other by Aresen's, and make sure they've eaten all of their mashed potatoes and are set for Matlock.
Jasper, I have a horse and I am not afraid to use it.

Image
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15896
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by lunchstealer » 29 Jan 2018, 17:59

Also that was the Silents. Boomers watch NCIS.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13367
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Kolohe » 29 Jan 2018, 18:37

lunchstealer wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 17:59
Also that was the Silents. Boomers watch NCIS.
Boomers and Xer women that still have a crush on Mark Harmon left over from Summer School.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22834
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Mo » 29 Jan 2018, 19:39

Between the cover stating “The Case for the Trump Administration” and this, it’s pretty safe to say the final nail is in NR’s Against Trump era.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... nal-unwise
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 22450
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by JasonL » 29 Jan 2018, 20:58

The deep state cabal thing is so fucking dumb

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14356
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Aresen » 29 Jan 2018, 21:59

JasonL wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 20:58
The deep state cabal thing is so fucking dumb
The deep state wants you to think that. :?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15362
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by dhex » 30 Jan 2018, 08:25

"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8930
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by nicole » 30 Jan 2018, 09:26

I blame the Glibs.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 30 Jan 2018, 09:47

You say it's dumb now, but five months from now Matt Welch starts making noises.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24246
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Warren » 30 Jan 2018, 10:08

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 09:47
You say it's dumb now, but five months from now Matt Welch starts making noises.
Image
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15362
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by dhex » 30 Jan 2018, 11:03

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 09:47
You say it's dumb now, but five months from now Matt Welch starts making noises.
entirely possible, but the thrust of this article is "political supporters make lemonade out of lemons" aka every political supporter/cbo/advocacy group 98% of the time.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
MJGreen
Posts: 123
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 14:26

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by MJGreen » 30 Jan 2018, 12:21

Oh, right, Chait.

Love the idea that supporting Democrats is the way to roll back executive power, and that Dems would play ball with the Kochs. But, again, Chait.

User avatar
MJGreen
Posts: 123
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 14:26

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by MJGreen » 02 Feb 2018, 11:18

I know a Fox show, and especially Geraldo, shouldn't count as journalism, but jfc: Geraldo to Hannity: Nixon Wouldn’t ‘Have Been Forced to Resign’ If You Were In Media Then
It’s too bad for Nixon, because nobody like you existed then. I say that because I believe that our prime responsibility now is to unshackle the 45th president of the United States.

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14356
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Aresen » 02 Feb 2018, 11:44

MJGreen wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 11:18
I know a Fox show, and especially Geraldo, shouldn't count as journalism, but jfc: Geraldo to Hannity: Nixon Wouldn’t ‘Have Been Forced to Resign’ If You Were In Media Then
It’s too bad for Nixon, because nobody like you existed then. I say that because I believe that our prime responsibility now is to unshackle the 45th president of the United States.
Oh, THAT Team Red!

Image
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22834
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Mo » 05 Feb 2018, 12:50

I suspect they deleted something that was factual and not racist.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Dangerman
Posts: 6220
Joined: 07 May 2010, 12:26

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Dangerman » 05 Feb 2018, 19:21

looool *high five*

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 22834
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Mo » 08 Feb 2018, 15:10

How is the wall the headline instead of every Republican staffer in the HSPCI being under Ethics investigation.
Rooney said one reason for the tension is an erosion of trust, exacerbated by an ongoing ethics investigation into the "entire Republican staff," including "the woman up front that answers the phone" for alleged leaks. He later added that the matter was being handled by the Office of Congressional Ethics.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13367
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Kolohe » 08 Feb 2018, 15:17

Cause GOPers getting caught in ethics violations is not news, but the fact that someone is finally actually building a wall is.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 13 Feb 2018, 19:32

The NYT is hiring a columnist who is friends with a Nazi. The Weapon is hiring Megan McCardle. Opinion pages should be eliminated.

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14356
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by Aresen » 13 Feb 2018, 19:56

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 19:32
The NYT is hiring a columnist who is friends with a Nazi. The Weapon is hiring Megan McCardle. Opinion pages should be eliminated.
I believe the internet is doing that by gradually destroying the fish wrap media.

OTOH, the internet appears to be an all-encompassing Op-ed universe.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8930
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: When journalism goes bad

Post by nicole » 18 Feb 2018, 09:12

In case you're wondering, "way too long" is "so short if you blink you'll miss it"

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests