Petty annoyances

dhex

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by dhex »

Jake wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:08
I made a map. Tracking this package is now my COVID hobby.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
You should tweet this at the USPS
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Jake

Post by Jake »

dhex wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:26
Jake wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:08
I made a map. Tracking this package is now my COVID hobby.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
You should tweet this at the USPS
Done. :)
"One doesn't want to be a Chicken Little but OTOH does the sky look closer to you? It looks closer to me." -- Warren

Jake

Post by Jake »

The package went to Seattle. That's 80 miles closer to me than it's ever been!

(These are the small victories I live for now.)

It left Seattle last night. If it shows up in Portland, I'll be excited that it might be back on track. However, part of me suspects that, like a jilted lover who just can't let go, it's headed back to that facility in Massachusetts (and maybe, for all I know, doing so armed and wearing an astronaut diaper).
"One doesn't want to be a Chicken Little but OTOH does the sky look closer to you? It looks closer to me." -- Warren

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

dead_elvis wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:06
At least, in the end, I have now setup the pi as an attic cam and after scanning through the footage there wasn't any animal activity last night (we sometimes hear scuffling noises at night).
You've seen the Exorcist, right?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Jake

Post by Jake »

It arrived! And all of the addressing was perfect, and there were no other markings on the packaging aside from what the postal service put there.

So I don't know why it took 40 days and 7000 miles to travel the 384 road miles from its origin to my house, but it's finally here so now I have to stop griping about it and find a new hobby.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Jake wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:11
It arrived! And all of the addressing was perfect, and there were no other markings on the packaging aside from what the postal service put there.

So I don't know why it took 40 days and 7000 miles to travel the 384 road miles from its origin to my house, but it's finally here so now I have to stop griping about it and find a new hobby.
In the year of the pandemic, your book got to travel more than you did.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Aresen wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 20:03
Jake wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 19:11

In the year of the pandemic, your book got to travel more than you did.
For me that's gonna be literally true. I just filled the tank on my car for the second time since March. I'm on track to put about 1500 miles on my car this year. Which is only somewhat less than my average, as it's four years old and at 25k.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

I'd like to find the guy who started the whole idea that a stylish, professional website needs to have spindly dark-gray text on a medium-gray background and punch him in the nuts.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JD

Post by JD »

My wife's larger, cheaper new workspace is turning out to be neither larger nor cheaper, apparently. At least it is still closer and in a better neighborhood. The neighborhood could go downhill, but at least getting farther away is unlikely, barring exciting new advances in plate tectonics.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Highway

Post by Highway »

That sucks, how did it turn out to be not so good? Misrepresentation on the part of the landlord?
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

JD

Post by JD »

Highway wrote:
Yesterday, 14:53
That sucks, how did it turn out to be not so good? Misrepresentation on the part of the landlord?
Eh, not really, honestly I think it was mostly my wife getting too excited before she knew all the facts. Stuff like "the rent is cheaper, but heat and electricity were included in the old price but not the new one" or "there are technically more square feet, but you lose space to this column, and the long skinny layout of the room gives you less room to move around than the old square room did". It's still overall a better deal, though. Especially given that last night, three men got shot literally across the street from the old location, which is literally about 100 yards from a police station. (Not shot by the police, AFAIK.)
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston