Petty annoyances

Fin Fang Foom

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 22 Oct 2017, 21:39

I am sorry, but if listen to music, play a game, or watch videos on your cellphone in public without headphones, you have to die.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Oct 2017, 23:22

the innominate one wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 18:08
Thanks to having unlimited data on my AT&T plan, I get free access to HBO through DirectTV. Got it set up, trying to use it to watch Suicide Squad via Google Chromecast. Unfortunately, my AT&T wifi apparently keeps losing the connection and resetting the movie to the beginning. It won't let me get farther than about 14 minutes in. I tried to set up the apps on my phone and tablet, so I can disconnect my laptop from the wifi, in case I have too much background data transfer going on for the wifi. I already disconnected the phone and tablet to just let the laptop on the wifi. However, the apps won't let me sign in. Good work, AT&T and DirectTV. Why do I and others pay for your service?
Still not working. Great to have a service benefit that doesn't benefit me. Amazon Prime Video app also not working, and CBS won't broadcast to the Chromecast for more than 30 seconds at a time, though that last is probably good, since I was trying to watch ST:D.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 23 Oct 2017, 11:53

22 Oct 2017, 23:22
22 Oct 2017, 18:08
Thanks to having unlimited data on my AT&T plan, I get free access to HBO through DirectTV. Got it set up, trying to use it to watch Suicide Squad via Google Chromecast. Unfortunately, my AT&T wifi apparently keeps losing the connection and resetting the movie to the beginning. It won't let me get farther than about 14 minutes in. I tried to set up the apps on my phone and tablet, so I can disconnect my laptop from the wifi, in case I have too much background data transfer going on for the wifi. I already disconnected the phone and tablet to just let the laptop on the wifi. However, the apps won't let me sign in. Good work, AT&T and DirectTV. Why do I and others pay for your service?
Still not working. Great to have a service benefit that doesn't benefit me. Amazon Prime Video app also not working, and CBS won't broadcast to the Chromecast for more than 30 seconds at a time, though that last is probably good, since I was trying to watch ST:D.
Do you have one of the 1st gen Chromecasts? Wife and I completely cut the cable about a month ago and she signed up for a YouTube TV trial to cast from her tablet to the TV. We kept getting buffering issues and disconnects, and the service even told us that using a gen 1 Chromecast may degrade performance. We bought a new on and haven't had an issue since.

(Which is kind of a Petty Annoyance in itself, needing a new $30 dongle to adequately use a free trial.)
"Yeah, it seems a bit like pinning Timothy McVeigh on the KKK. Sure their OK Cupid profiles match 100%, but they never went on the date." - Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 23 Oct 2017, 11:55

Rokus are hella boss.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 23 Oct 2017, 12:01

I think mine is a 2nd generation model.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

nicole

Post by nicole » 23 Oct 2017, 12:06

Warren wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 11:04
Lawful-Neutral Good. I return them to the corral and straighten up the corral, cursing the barbaric mouth breeders what launch their carts into the corral, with whom, in the most egregious of injustices, I am forced to share the planet.
Team Warren
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Oct 2017, 20:46

nicole wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:06
Warren wrote:
Lawful-Neutral Good. I return them to the corral and straighten up the corral, cursing the barbaric mouth breeders what launch their carts into the corral, with whom, in the most egregious of injustices, I am forced to share the planet.
Team Warren
jfc i agree with warren too. fuck.
"The sort of passion for the Constitution that in a juster world would require him to introduce himself to all his new neighbors every time he moved." - eric b sans rakim

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 23 Oct 2017, 20:51

(Which is kind of a Petty Annoyance in itself, needing a new $30 dongle to adequately use a free trial.)
I really try to avoid any use of my dongle that would result in a trial.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 23 Oct 2017, 21:01

dhex wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 20:46
nicole wrote:
Warren wrote:
Team Warren
Do not be concerned. This is generally a temporary condition and will pass the next time Warren posts.

If you experience vertigo or a queasy feeling in your stomach, sit down and consume alcohol and/or opiods. This will not remove the underlying condition, but you will feel better.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 23 Oct 2017, 21:59

dhex wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 20:46
nicole wrote:
Warren wrote:
Team Warren
Peasants! I give my carts a good shove and unerringly send it into the parking lot corrals from a good thirty or forty feet away! And if you don't like it, get down on your hands and knees and suck my dick!

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 23 Oct 2017, 22:39

Warren wrote:
barbaric mouth breeders
That's not the actual phra...

You know what, on second thought, yeah, whatever. Facility with language is for librul artz losers.
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 23 Oct 2017, 23:07

Good catch. Maybe Warren was likening them to mouth brooding frogs.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 24 Oct 2017, 00:12

thoreau wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 22:39
Warren wrote:
barbaric mouth breeders
That's not the actual phra...

You know what, on second thought, yeah, whatever. Facility with language is for librul artz losers.
23 Oct 2017, 23:07
Good catch. Maybe Warren was likening them to mouth brooding frogs.
Nope. Warren has it right. People who won't return carts to the buggy corral are lazy cocksuckers.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 24 Oct 2017, 00:39

What was it Lenny Bruce said about cocksuckers?

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 24 Oct 2017, 11:13

"Yeah, it seems a bit like pinning Timothy McVeigh on the KKK. Sure their OK Cupid profiles match 100%, but they never went on the date." - Shem

Highway

Post by Highway » 24 Oct 2017, 17:45

Annoyance #1: Summons for jury duty today.
Annoyance #2 (really petty): They interrupt the movie (The Intern, not bad through half of it) that they're showing to call a group including me to a courtroom.
Annoyance #3: I get put on the jury.
Annoyance #4: The toilets in the jury room overflow...
Annoyance #5: The civil trial goes to a second day. So I have to go tomorrow as well for this extraordinarily boring civil suit trial.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 24 Oct 2017, 18:21

Highway wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 17:45
Annoyance #2 (really petty): They interrupt the movie (The Intern, not bad through half of it) that they're showing to call a group including me to a courtroom.
Annoyance #5: The civil trial goes to a second day. So I have to go tomorrow as well for this extraordinarily boring civil suit trial.
Hold out for the death penalty. Refuse to be dissuaded. You will never be summoned for jury duty again.

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 Oct 2017, 20:36

Highway wrote:
Ha ha. How you let them put you on a Jury? Was there like no voir dire at all?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Highway

Post by Highway » 24 Oct 2017, 22:31

Warren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 20:36
Highway wrote:
Ha ha. How you let them put you on a Jury? Was there like no voir dire at all?
Pretty much. Civil Trial, all they asked was things like "Is English not your first language" and "Do you know of or have been treated by X, Y, and Z medical practices."
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 Oct 2017, 23:41

Highway wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 22:31
retty much. Civil Trial, all they asked was things like "Is English not your first language" and "Do you know of or have been treated by X, Y, and Z medical practices."
Tough break kid. I hope you vote in favor of the litigant that will pay his attorneys less.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Highway

Post by Highway » 25 Oct 2017, 18:35

Trial over, although they managed to use our entire day today with a total of 2 hours of courtroom time. The only thing we were to decide was "How much money should the plaintiff get for pain and suffering and non-pecuniary damages related to this minor traffic accident." Things didn't go well for the plaintiff at all, who was awarded $1,000 instead of the $500,000 she was seeking for getting run into from behind at a stop light where she did the start-stop at a merge, and the defendant thought she'd gone and looked forward in time to see the car still there and hit her at about 15 mph. Plaintiff's lawyer was kinda a joke, especially when he got super agitated for the closing argument rebuttal which seemed like all playacting.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 29 Oct 2017, 11:43

Ran to Target last night because I was jonesing for some orange creme sherbet and wanted to buy it before the sale ended. In a hurry, didn't read the label carefully, ended up with pumpkin pie. It's ok, but not what I wanted.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 31 Oct 2017, 23:02

I hate the little 'survey questions' that Youtube is now insisting I answer before allowing me to proceed to the video.

I invariably answer 'none of the above' to all of them.

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Nov 2017, 10:00

Aresen wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 23:02
I hate the little 'survey questions' that Youtube is now insisting I answer before allowing me to proceed to the video.

I invariably answer 'none of the above' to all of them.
I've never encountered that. I use adblocker.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

nicole

Post by nicole » 01 Nov 2017, 12:30

I think Nike may have discontinued my running shoes and I am FREAKING OUT.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman