Petty annoyances

User avatar
JD
Posts: 9873
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by JD » 04 Apr 2018, 13:57

Why do so many food products for sale proudly proclaim how few calories they have? That's why I buy food! I need calories to keep me alive! When I see something that says "Only 100 calories!" it makes me feel like I'm not getting my money's worth!
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15239
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by lunchstealer » 04 Apr 2018, 16:38

Welcome back, Taktix.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9274
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 11 Apr 2018, 12:09

Capitalism is bad because it gave rise to the use of "disruption" and "impactful." Also "utilize" instead of use. If you are not a biologist, you should never use "utilize."
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 71
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 21:00

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Tuco » 12 Apr 2018, 06:31

Angus bulls are annoying assholes.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23205
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Warren » 12 Apr 2018, 10:37

Tuco wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 06:31
Angus bulls are annoying assholes.
It doesn't take much for bulls of all breeds to go well beyond annoying.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
JD
Posts: 9873
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by JD » 12 Apr 2018, 11:31

The Amy Shark song "I Said Hi" has, in the first verse and repeated frequently through the song, the line "And all my veins pump blood into my throat". NO THEY DO NOT, ARTERIES DO THAT. Well, I guess even more technically it's your heart that does that, but it's definitely not your veins.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 71
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 21:00

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Tuco » 13 Apr 2018, 06:33

Warren wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 10:37
Tuco wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 06:31
Angus bulls are annoying assholes.
It doesn't take much for bulls of all breeds to go well beyond annoying.
Scattering bulls in the wind right now, and I'm ready to start running yearlings. There never was a bull that wouldn't have made a better steer.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23205
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Warren » 13 Apr 2018, 10:40

HA!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Highway
Posts: 12580
Joined: 12 May 2011, 00:22
Location: the Electric Ocean

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Highway » 16 Apr 2018, 16:06

Seems like someone got a new phone, and is giving out the wrong number for it. I've gotten 4 calls from people obviously not wanting to talk to me.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 13695
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Aresen » 16 Apr 2018, 17:01

Highway wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 16:06
Seems like someone got a new phone, and is giving out the wrong number for it. I've gotten 4 calls from people obviously not wanting to talk to me.
Send them all texts inviting them to a party at 'your' place. Tell them to bring drugs.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 11586
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Eric the .5b » 16 Apr 2018, 17:57

Every twit who term-drops "late-stage capitalism", especially the ones who only have a dim understanding of what that term was intended to mean.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
JD
Posts: 9873
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by JD » 17 Apr 2018, 08:03

I installed the OS X Sierra update 10.12.6 yesterday. Despite it being billed as a "security update", Apple used it to try to push Safari, Maps, and Siri on me again.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23205
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Warren » 17 Apr 2018, 20:01

JD wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:03
I installed the OS X Sierra update 10.12.6 yesterday. Despite it being billed as a "security update", Apple used it to try to push Safari, Maps, and Siri on me again.
I'm running 10.13.4 High Sierra without any problems. Safari et al. are there, but they're not being "pushed" in any way that I notice.

My problem with apple maps is that apple carplay won't allow google maps on my new car. Total FU.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
JD
Posts: 9873
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by JD » 18 Apr 2018, 12:04

Warren wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 20:01
JD wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:03
I installed the OS X Sierra update 10.12.6 yesterday. Despite it being billed as a "security update", Apple used it to try to push Safari, Maps, and Siri on me again.
I'm running 10.13.4 High Sierra without any problems. Safari et al. are there, but they're not being "pushed" in any way that I notice.
I had removed all of them from my Dock. When I installed the update, they were all back on the Dock again.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23205
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Warren » 18 Apr 2018, 13:00

JD wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 12:04
Warren wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 20:01
JD wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 08:03
I installed the OS X Sierra update 10.12.6 yesterday. Despite it being billed as a "security update", Apple used it to try to push Safari, Maps, and Siri on me again.
I'm running 10.13.4 High Sierra without any problems. Safari et al. are there, but they're not being "pushed" in any way that I notice.
I had removed all of them from my Dock. When I installed the update, they were all back on the Dock again.
Oh, okay. That qualifies as a petty annoyance.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest