Petty annoyances

the innominate one

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by the innominate one » 22 Nov 2017, 09:13

I received 42 spam messages in my yahoo email account yesterday. I received nearly 200 in 5 days last week. Spam is generally greatly up at that account recently. Makes me wonder if Yahoo had another hack attack, or just me.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Nov 2017, 12:23

Doctor and nurse/PA won't accept that the instructions on the coupon for medication that the doctor told me to research. Because he checked the checkbox that means the same thing. However, he didn't initial in the space for the checkbox. I called the pharmacy, they're familiar with the coupons for this medicine and they say it's expected that the instructions on the coupon be followed verbatim as well as being initialed. Is it that hard to write "DAW" for "dispense as written"? The PA's initial response to me was it means the same thing (I know, I can read, and unlike you, English is my first language) and the doctor has been doing this for thirty years. The manufacturer doesn't care about your experience, this isn't a technical question.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Nov 2017, 12:35

Now that he's in the office, despite what the pharmacy said, he flat out refuses to write three letters. He initialed it but didn't acknowledge the mistake.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Nov 2017, 13:10

I called the coupon provider, which I assume is the manufacturer of the medicine or a contractor for them. They confirm they want DAW written on the prescription.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 24 Nov 2017, 16:34

The lack of curation in the Google Play Store is quite annoying. Coupled with the poor ability to organize, sort and search items one has purchased, I'm regularly worried that I'll waste money and wind up double-purchasing various comic book issues because they appear in different collections. The information about which issues are included in which collections is often suspect and frequently just flat wrong.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 24 Nov 2017, 16:37

the innominate one wrote:
24 Nov 2017, 16:34
The lack of curation in the Google Play Store is quite annoying. Coupled with the poor ability to organize, sort and search items one has purchased, I'm regularly worried that I'll waste money and wind up double-purchasing various comic book issues because they appear in different collections. The information about which issues are included in which collections is often suspect and frequently just flat wrong.
It's making taking advantage of Black Friday deals quite fraught.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 26 Nov 2017, 06:13

Screen saver images in Windows, the Fire Stick, etc., never have credits of where the photo was taken.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 26 Nov 2017, 15:36

Windows backup appears to report percent progress as percent of the number of files which have been backed up relative to the total number needing to be backed up, rather than the much more useful fraction of data which has been backed up relative to the total amount of data needing to be backed up.

nicole

Post by nicole » 27 Nov 2017, 09:57

My fucking doctor is now out of network

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Warren

Post by Warren » 27 Nov 2017, 20:45

You see a doctor that specializes in fucking? So many questions. I... I don't where to begin.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

dhex

Post by dhex » 27 Nov 2017, 20:52

they're generally called urologists. though i may just be taking the piss.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 27 Nov 2017, 21:03

I would love for my insurance to cover a prescription for medical coitus.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 28 Nov 2017, 07:10

the innominate one wrote:
27 Nov 2017, 21:03
I would love for my insurance to cover a prescription for medical coitus.
It can be a natural, zesty enterprise.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 28 Nov 2017, 07:34

Oh, Maude.

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 29 Nov 2017, 12:50

Don't be facetious, Andrew.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 29 Nov 2017, 19:39

He fixes the cable?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Dec 2017, 12:25

On my non-work computer, waiting to start work only I can't until my work computer finishes its mandatory Windows update which is measured in geological time. Grrrr.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Dec 2017, 13:04

GAAAAH! The Windows update FINALLY finished, but I forgot about a certain problem the LAST time I had a mandatory update: only my main monitor works now, not my two side monitors. And I cannot do my work with only the one monitor, and I can't get the other monitors working until Jeff gets here (he's currently out getting a haircut and buying groceries).

Fuck you, Windows, you fucking fuckity fuck.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

dhex

Post by dhex » 06 Dec 2017, 18:13

Windows 10 won't extend display?
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

JD

Post by JD » 06 Dec 2017, 18:45

In a similar vein, Outlook on my work computer suddenly started refusing to open except in "safe mode".
As the famous haiku goes,
Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Dec 2017, 21:20

dhex wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 18:13
Windows 10 won't extend display?
Apparently not. I checked the archives here for the last time this happened -- yeah, then as now, Jeff ended up disabling the update and going back to the prior version.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Dec 2017, 04:55

JD wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 18:45
In a similar vein, Outlook on my work computer suddenly started refusing to open except in "safe mode".
As the famous haiku goes,
Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.
Mine is like that except it's Chrome.

And now Firefox.

And instead of only opening in safe mode, they both now only open in no they don't open at all. I have tried every permutation I can think of of uninstall/reinstall.

WTF?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

nicole

Post by nicole » 08 Dec 2017, 11:54

I'm getting really fucking sick of getting tracking info for packages whose label has been created and then don't actually get dropped off (or picked up) for several days.

So far everything I've bought from Instagram ads has had fucking UNACCEPTABLE times to ship. Note, not to deliver, but to SHIP. Put it in the mail that day or the day after, fuckers.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Dec 2017, 16:16

nicole wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:54
I'm getting really fucking sick of getting tracking info for packages whose label has been created and then don't actually get dropped off (or picked up) for several days.

So far everything I've bought from Instagram ads has had fucking UNACCEPTABLE times to ship. Note, not to deliver, but to SHIP. Put it in the mail that day or the day after, fuckers.
If you raise an army to fight for this, I will enlist.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 10 Dec 2017, 12:31

WINDOWS is presently updating. This will take א‎0 minutes.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer