Terro liquid bait
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

the innominate one

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by the innominate one » 13 Oct 2017, 11:44

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:11
Diatomaceous earth is your pal.
Also sold as DE powder in the pool supply section, possibly at a better unit price.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 13 Oct 2017, 13:39

the innominate one wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:28
Damnit, JD, he's a doctor of mathematics, not grammar.
hALfPE3.jpg

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 14 Oct 2017, 04:41

Warren wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:32
Fin Fang Foom wrote:
Terro liquid bait
This seems to have worked much better than the solid bait I used a few years back last time I had this problem.

It feels weird to be deliberately putting out something the ants will swarm to, I gotta say.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 14 Oct 2017, 10:23

We had no luck with DE during Summer of Ants 2015. Liquid terro traps did it.

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 14 Oct 2017, 10:30

Jadagul wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 04:41
Warren wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:32
Fin Fang Foom wrote:
Terro liquid bait
This seems to have worked much better than the solid bait I used a few years back last time I had this problem.

It feels weird to be deliberately putting out something the ants will swarm to, I gotta say.
I used Terro just this past week for a persistent ant problem we've been having. Yes, they swarmed it for about a 24-hour period give or take, but they disappeared. Highly endorse.
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Oct 2017, 11:01

BTW
Last time I dealt with ants I found out it's easy to make your own bait with Borax soap (active ingredient in Terro) and syrup. There are lots of recipes on the internet and even YouTube videos to document its effectiveness. I still have a couple Terro baits on the shelf so haven't tried it myself. But I also have a box of 20 Mule Team Borax, so maybe one day.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Oct 2017, 14:42

If you dissolve borax and sugar in some water and then soak some cotton balls in it, you can leave the balls in milk caps or bottle caps and it will solve your problem.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 15 Oct 2017, 18:27

We had regular ant infestations our first few months in Loudoun -- the night we first moved in to the place, before we'd carried a single molecule of food inside, we found ants crawling all over the empty kitchen counter -- but what eventually solved the problem for us was Jeff spraying Ortho insect killer into all of the cracks and crevices they came in from, and also along the house's outdoor foundations front and back (no side foundations, since we were in a center townhouse). Then we'd re-spray the Ortho outside either every few weeks, or after a particularly hard rain or thawed snowfall (which we feared might've washed away the Ortho).
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 19 Oct 2017, 12:56

I love it when my chrome mobile app spontaneously crashes and I lose my incognito tabs just as much as when I accidentally hit the unnecessary and unwanted "close all incognito tabs" button.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 21 Oct 2017, 14:59

People who will not take their shopping carts back to the buggy corrals but leave them blocking the only open spot in a busy parking lot should be sentenced to a year circling a full parking lot looking for a spot.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 21 Oct 2017, 15:39

Looks at chart... Yup, definitely evil.
cart-chart-beschizza.jpg
cart-chart-beschizza.jpg (483.57 KiB) Viewed 260 times
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

JD

Post by JD » 22 Oct 2017, 01:18

Chaotic good...what a surprise.

Warren

Post by Warren » 22 Oct 2017, 11:04

Lawful-Neutral Good. I return them to the corral and straighten up the corral, cursing the barbaric mouth breeders what launch their carts into the corral, with whom, in the most egregious of injustices, I am forced to share the planet.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 22 Oct 2017, 11:18

Neutral-Chaotic Good

If there aren't already carts, there's no reason to be particularly precise. If there are already carts, I'll try to nest mine with them, sometimes then pushing the nested carts into nesting with more carts, within reason.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 22 Oct 2017, 12:01

It's the "Lawful Neutral Evil" who drive me nuts. I am sure if shopping carts had existed in Jerusalem in the 7th century BCE, Leviticus or Deuteronomy would have listed an appropriate punishment.

Edit to correct myself.
Last edited by Aresen on 22 Oct 2017, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 22 Oct 2017, 12:13

Aresen wrote:It's the "Lawful Evil" who drive me nuts. I am sure if shopping carts had existed in Jerusalem in the 7th century BCE, Leviticus or Deuteronomy would have listed an appropriate punishment.
Or Bosch.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Oct 2017, 12:15

Neutral evil are clearly the most efficient at being the worst. Simultaneously doing two things wrong, and blocking parking spaces is the greater of two evils.

Mo

Post by Mo » 22 Oct 2017, 15:09

Neutral to Chaotic Good with an occasional Chaotic Neutral.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 22 Oct 2017, 15:56

Chaotic Good should be giving the cart to Bubbles.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

JD

Post by JD » 22 Oct 2017, 16:06

Warren wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 11:04
Lawful-Neutral Good. I return them to the corral and straighten up the corral, cursing the barbaric mouth breeders what launch their carts into the corral, with whom, in the most egregious of injustices, I am forced to share the planet.
Well, reviewing what they call chaotic neutral, maybe I have to revise my position...I aim for the Neutral Good outcome, but I aim for it by launching the carts!

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 22 Oct 2017, 18:05

Is using the hand basket and the express line something not introduced until the 4th Edition?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Oct 2017, 18:08

Thanks to having unlimited data on my AT&T plan, I get free access to HBO through DirectTV. Got it set up, trying to use it to watch Suicide Squad via Google Chromecast. Unfortunately, my AT&T wifi apparently keeps losing the connection and resetting the movie to the beginning. It won't let me get farther than about 14 minutes in. I tried to set up the apps on my phone and tablet, so I can disconnect my laptop from the wifi, in case I have too much background data transfer going on for the wifi. I already disconnected the phone and tablet to just let the laptop on the wifi. However, the apps won't let me sign in. Good work, AT&T and DirectTV. Why do I and others pay for your service?

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 22 Oct 2017, 19:11

Kolohe wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 18:05
Is using the hand basket and the express line something not introduced until the 4th Edition?

Why take the hand basket? You have to bring your own bags anyway, so just use those.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 22 Oct 2017, 19:16

So the store staff won't get antsy that someone is trying to steal something, signals the difference between purchased items and not-purchased items.

sincerely,

a former retail employee