Petty annoyances

Jasper

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by Jasper »

Agree with Highway, and I think dead_elvis and I might be married to the same woman.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

You know what would give me the best experience? Updating your app less frequently.
Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 4.10.41 PM.png.jpeg
Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 4.10.41 PM.png.jpeg (118.43 KiB) Viewed 587 times
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Oh c'mon, this is petty bullshit. Somehow every other site takes my card without making me do this.
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.48.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.48.29 PM.png (80.9 KiB) Viewed 585 times
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

JD

Post by JD »

dead_elvis wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 19:58
You know what would give me the best experience? Updating your app less frequently.
That reminds me a little of my bank's app. You can download the app from the app store, but once you've downloaded it, it handles its own updating. Firstly, why the fuck would you reinvent the wheel like that, but more importantly, what this means is that the app only updates when you run it, i.e. EXACTLY WHEN YOU WANTED TO USE IT instead of trying to use it and then being app-blocked by an update that you then have to sit around and wait for.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I got an Acer Chromebook a couple years ago and I've loved it. Long battery life and super durable (it got dropped more times than I can count, plus left on a hot burner once and slightly melted). It finally fell victim to a liquid spill and got fried, so I cashed in on the device protection I'd bought, and they sent me an apparently-identical replacement.

Except. Chrome SUCKS on this one. If you click away from a tab and then click back -- even if you open a new blank tab and immediately close it -- it reloads the page. There's no way to turn this off. And it gets the "oh, snap!" page crash frequently, even if you only have one tab and no other programs open.

And of course I can't just use a different browser, because ... Chromebook.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Oh fuuuuuuu. That has to be doubly annoying if you're bookfacing because of its exceptionally annoying habit of changing content every time you reload the page. So if you click away and want to go back to what you were looking at, it's gone.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Warren wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 11:51
Oh fuuuuuuu. That has to be doubly annoying if you're bookfacing because of its exceptionally annoying habit of changing content every time you reload the page. So if you click away and want to go back to what you were looking at, it's gone.
Yes! Or if I'm writing a comment and I unthinkingly open a new tab (to check a spelling or find a photo or whatever), I lose whatever I'd written.

It's a pain everywhere but it's extra painful on Facebook.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Ellie wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 12:02
Warren wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 11:51
Yes! Or if I'm writing a comment and I unthinkingly open a new tab (to check a spelling or find a photo or whatever), I lose whatever I'd written.

It's a pain everywhere but it's extra painful on Facebook.
Did you find this?
https://www.guidingtech.com/stop-chrome ... switching/
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I did (or some similar site with the same recommendations) -- but the flag is not available on my new Chromebook's version of Chrome, and the auto-discard toggle doesn't change anything. *kicks pebble*

Mo

Post by Mo »

People complaining about airplane recliners are the worst. Airlines shrunk seats because people didn’t want larger seats. If you want more leg room, airlines have created a class between coach and business class that is a relatively reasonable cost above. I get it, flying sucks, but the real issue is armrests, to which there’s never been a good solution (aside from middle seat gets first dibs on armrests), not size.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Mo wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 15:41
Airlines shrunk seats because people didn’t want larger seats. If you want more leg room, airlines have created a class between coach and business class that is a relatively reasonable cost above.
Piffle. On next to no flights is there any option besides sardine class, save that if you book early enough you can get the seat over the wing with the exit or the front row of seats.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

dead_elvis wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 20:02
Oh c'mon, this is petty bullshit. Somehow every other site takes my card without making me do this.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.48.29 PM.png
Wait, are you a medic?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Nope, just trying to pay the portion of the ambulance bill not covered by insurance.

Warren

Post by Warren »

dead_elvis wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 00:39
Nope, just trying to pay the portion of the ambulance bill not covered by insurance.
You're right, that is some bullshit.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

Warren wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 16:45
Mo wrote:
Airlines shrunk seats because people didn’t want larger seats. If you want more leg room, airlines have created a class between coach and business class that is a relatively reasonable cost above.
Piffle. On next to no flights is there any option besides sardine class, save that if you book early enough you can get the seat over the wing with the exit or the front row of seats.
Most of the flights I've booked lately have had three different classes of seats in the main cabin, I think. I get the cheapest because I've never had an airline seat with insufficient legroom, but that's a function of both my height and the way I tend to sit.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Mo wrote:
flying sucks, but the real issue is armrests, to which there’s never been a good solution (aside from middle seat gets first dibs on armrests)
I don't understand why the airlines don't simply give each seat its own armrest, as movie theaters do (though of course the airline armrests would have to be much skinnier than the ones in the theaters).
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 16:45
Mo wrote:
Every major (non-discount) airline has a premium economy class that’s between regular economy and first class. And for longer flights there’s premium economy, business and first class.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex