Petty annoyances

JasonL

Re: Petty annoyances

Post by JasonL » 01 Nov 2017, 13:17

nicole wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 12:30
I think Nike may have discontinued my running shoes and I am FREAKING OUT.
You a Nike chick? I thought like all the committed runners were saucony or brooks or something.

nicole

Post by nicole » 01 Nov 2017, 13:21

JasonL wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 13:17
nicole wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 12:30
I think Nike may have discontinued my running shoes and I am FREAKING OUT.
You a Nike chick? I thought like all the committed runners were saucony or brooks or something.
I started out in Sauconys but they changed the fit of my shoe and it stopped working for me a couple years ago. Then I was rotating between two Nike shoes until they changed the fit of one of those and it stopped working for me. Now they discontinued the remaining shoe.

My thing is I have a wide foot, but not wide enough to wear a wide width, so I need something very roomy in the forefoot.

I do see a lot of Nikes out there. Brooks is super popular for sure, and super fucking narrow.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Nov 2017, 13:22

Wife has a pair, I thought brooks with wide to the point of almost comically square looking forefoot. Maybe not brooks. Deffo not Nike tho.
I'll see what kind.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 01 Nov 2017, 13:24

Sorry about that, Nicole. You probably caught it from me somehow; any branded consumable product I like is pretty much guaranteed to be discontinued.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Highway

Post by Highway » 01 Nov 2017, 13:36

I've gotten Brooks because they're wide and have a mid-support shoe. But that might be a factor of them actually making wide widths, as opposed to others who don't bother with wides. I also wear New Balance, but they end up looking super square.

(I don't run, just walk, but greatly prefer the anti-rolling support)
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Nov 2017, 14:18

Wife sez Saucony Natural Series has pretty wide toe pocket, but the hilarious looking ones are Altra 0 drop which she described as cavernous toe pockets.

nicole

Post by nicole » 01 Nov 2017, 14:59

Thanks -- maybe I should look at the Altras lol
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 01 Nov 2017, 16:37

nicole wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 14:59
Thanks -- maybe I should look at the Altras lol
Altras have a huge toebox. I bought a pair of trail runners for hiking, and they are the widest I've ever worn. Granted, I wear Sauconys most of the time, and their designs are based on Chinese footbinding practices.

Altras are also zero drop, which is a big change depending on what you're used to.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 02 Nov 2017, 22:29

The NBC app for Android is complete shit.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 05 Nov 2017, 14:41

Sun is hot.
"It's a proven fact that spicy mustard is good for your health no matter what your medical condition, which is why the feds are suing Guildens for a backdoor into their condiment technology." - TIO

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 10 Nov 2017, 11:46

TIL how to make Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA even more annoying (which I had not thought possible): have a roomful of children sing it at you.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 10 Nov 2017, 11:54

Try having them sing it as a round.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 10 Nov 2017, 12:21

Damnit, I just remembered I fell asleep last night before I could decide whether or not to take advantage of a last minute self-DNA sequencing sale from a new company.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 13 Nov 2017, 15:23

My tablet that I've only had about six months seemingly bricked while I was using it last night. This is slightly mitigated by the fact that I'm paying for insurance on it.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 13 Nov 2017, 15:38

the innominate one wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 15:23
My tablet that I've only had about six months seemingly bricked while I was using it last night. This is slightly mitigated by the fact that I'm paying for insurance on it.
And my laptop bluescreened. So I conveniently lost everything I was working on on two devices.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Nov 2017, 17:18

13 Nov 2017, 15:38
13 Nov 2017, 15:23
And my laptop bluescreened. So I conveniently lost everything I was working on on two devices.
Oh man. That's rough dude.
*makes sign of the cross and slowly backs away from TIO*
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 15 Nov 2017, 05:43

Now Chrome crashed on me and six incognito windows worth of stuff I was working on or intending to read, including job vacancies, is lost. I may have to stop using incognito mode and/or try the new Firefox release, which is supposed to be faster than Chrome. Hopefully it's more stable than Chrome.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 15 Nov 2017, 09:12

Why are you using incognito mode for job apps?
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 15 Nov 2017, 09:22

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 09:12
Why are you using incognito mode for job apps?
Habit. I use incognito mode for pretty much everything.

Highway

Post by Highway » Yesterday, 08:28

When I was building my home computer with quiet parts, some of the reviews talked about not just the loudness but the quality of the noise made by parts. But I didn't really understand how a fan could have a really annoying sound until I got this work computer. When it's under load, the video card fan moans in this rising and falling manner. It's quiet, for sure, but it's still audible and has unpleasant harmonics.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."