DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TWICE ANNUAL GRIPE THREAD

lunchstealer

Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TWICE ANNUAL GRIPE THREAD

Post by lunchstealer » 05 Nov 2018, 18:30

When I get untethered, I tend to get to about a 3-4AM - 11-2PM cycle, which converges towards 3:30-11 if it stays long enough.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 05 Nov 2018, 18:31

David would go to bed at 6am every day if he could. Second-shift work and a gaggle of children have ruined his life. :lol:
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Warren

Post by Warren » 05 Nov 2018, 18:39

Ellie wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 18:31
David would go to bed at 6am every day if he could. Second-shift work and a gaggle of children have ruined his life. :lol:
Second shift should fit him. He gets home around midnight and has a few hours to unwind before hitting the sack.
The children are sleep depriving ninjas of course.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 05 Nov 2018, 19:29

Yeah, I converge to going to bed at lie 6 or 7 am, getting up at like 2 PM. Which is earlier than it used to be. When I was in Cambridge, I tried to cycle over and got stuck around 10 AM.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 05 Nov 2018, 21:13

I was going to comment that I worked graveyard for years. 2pm was the latest I could sleep.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 08 Mar 2019, 09:29

It's that time of the year again.

Here is a maybe, possibly, potentially hopeful sign:

Time may soon be up on changing B.C.’s clocks for Daylight Saving Time
B.C. Premier John Horgan has sent a letter to governors in the states of Washington, Oregon and California asking to be kept in the loop on no longer changing the clocks twice a year. The jurisdictions are looking at ways to stay on either Daylight Saving Time or Pacific Standard Time year-round.

“I think we can act in unison, the four jurisdictions, and make the argument we can stay in Daylight Saving Time or Pacific Standard Time and then do it together,” Horgan said. “My request to the governors was to share information with me.”
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 08 Mar 2019, 14:41

The province will then be called After Daylight.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Mar 2019, 15:09

Kolohe wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 14:41
The province will then be called After Daylight.
Currently it's called Broadly Crepuscular?

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 09 Mar 2019, 13:07

Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
God I fucking hate DST.
Aresen wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 09:29

B.C. Premier John Horgan has sent a letter to governors in the states of Washington, Oregon and California asking to be kept in the loop on no longer changing the clocks twice a year. The jurisdictions are looking at ways to stay on either Daylight Saving Time or Pacific Standard Time year-round.

“I think we can act in unison, the four jurisdictions, and make the argument we can stay in Daylight Saving Time or Pacific Standard Time and then do it together,” Horgan said. “My request to the governors was to share information with me.”
No chance. There are fueds: Arabs/Jews, Irish Catholics/Irish Protestant, Pro Life/Pro Choice, and people who prefer Standard Time/Vile Loathsome Minions of the Dark Lord, that will never be reconciled.

Half an hour and never again is the only way.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » 09 Mar 2019, 14:30

Warren wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 13:07
Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
God I fucking hate DST.
Aresen wrote:

No chance. There are fueds: Arabs/Jews, Irish Catholics/Irish Protestant, Pro Life/Pro Choice, and people who prefer Standard Time/Vile Loathsome Minions of the Dark Lord, that will never be reconciled.

Your love of standard time marks you as among the vilest of the vile. You would be a minion of Satan if Satan were real. That being said, as an agent of goodness, truth, and shinyness, I will say that we can agree on half an hour and never fuck with it again.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 09 Mar 2019, 14:40

Number 6 wrote:
Warren wrote:
Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
God I fucking hate DST.
Aresen wrote:

Your love of standard time marks you as among the vilest of the vile. You would be a minion of Satan if Satan were real. That being said, as an agent of goodness, truth, and shinyness, I will say that we can agree on half an hour and never fuck with it again.
It’s intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that daylight is wasted before work, and daylight after work is both useful and joyful. So Standard time is worst time. That said, I too could compromise on half hour to end the madness that is true standard time.

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 10 Mar 2019, 12:12

I at least want a mnemonic so I can remember if I like Standard or Savings because I get confused. I'm a simple man: I like summer better than winter. I can't be troubled with hours flipping back and forth like distracted birds. Just pick one. Fuck.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 10 Mar 2019, 13:17

Twice annual reminder that Daylight Savings is a scam.

But yes, Standard or Savings, pick one. Then no changing.
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 10 Mar 2019, 13:51

lunchstealer wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 14:40
Number 6 wrote:
Warren wrote:
Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
God I fucking hate DST.
Aresen wrote:

It’s intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that daylight is wasted before work, and daylight after work is both useful and joyful. So Standard time is worst time. That said, I too could compromise on half hour to end the madness that is true standard time.
Daylight is most useful before work because daylight when it's 115 after work is useless.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 10 Mar 2019, 16:00

Team Let's Just Destroy The Sun And Live In Blissful Eternal Darkness
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 10 Mar 2019, 20:27

Andrew wrote:
lunchstealer wrote:
Number 6 wrote:
Warren wrote:
Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
God I fucking hate DST.
Aresen wrote:

Daylight is most useful before work because daylight when it's 115 after work is useless.
The solution to living in the oven of Satan’s taint is clearly to change time.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 11 Mar 2019, 04:10

Ellie wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 16:00

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 11 Mar 2019, 10:06

Ellie wrote:
Ever since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Mar 2019, 10:37

Jadagul wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 04:10
Ellie wrote:
Well played Jadagul. Is that off some direct to DVD squeal?

EDIT
Ah, I see it's a deleted scene.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 11 Mar 2019, 11:41

Yellow face, it bites us.

More Eartha Kitt would make Disney musicals tolerable.

nicole

Post by nicole » 11 Mar 2019, 11:56

lunchstealer wrote:

I continue to be deeply confused by people who feel better after work than before.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 11 Mar 2019, 12:12

I don't exist much until 9:30 am and a cup of coffee. My body doesn't bend at all. I have junk in my nose and lungs. I'm often dehydrated. I'm hungry. I ... dislike mornings. Now, I'm not super fond of 5:00 either, but I can do a lot more then than I can in the 6-8 zone.

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Mar 2019, 13:57

JasonL wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 12:12
I don't exist much until 9:30 am and a cup of coffee. My body doesn't bend at all. I have junk in my nose and lungs. I'm often dehydrated. I'm hungry. I ... dislike mornings. Now, I'm not super fond of 5:00 either, but I can do a lot more then than I can in the 6-8 zone.
Which is exactly why daylight is super important in the morning and useless after my second cup of coffee.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 11 Mar 2019, 14:03

I'm very much a morning person especially as I tend to fade as the day goes on. Still I would rather have more daylight later than earlier. I'm far more likely to be in a situation where I need light later in the day than in the morning. Also as soon as the sun starts going down I start feeling like the whole day is already over. I'm much more active in the summer later in the day and that has nothing to do with the warmth.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 11 Mar 2019, 14:06

nicole wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 11:56
lunchstealer wrote:

I continue to be deeply confused by people who feel better after work than before.
I feel great before work most of the time because I'm still asleep and that's pretty comfy. Then I'm in the shower and that's super comfy, and then I'm in the car and nobody loves that. But I'm never awake for more than an hour before work. Often less. I'm awake for 7-9 hours after work. For most of the year, the only circumstance when I leave work in the dark is a circumstance where I've worked late, putting in a day of 10-12 hours. So when suddenly in early November it's dark when I go outside, it's like oh god I've worked late and lost the day. If it had happened gradually it wouldn't be terrible, but certainly having as little of that as possible would be pretty good.