Worthwhile intertubez finds

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 15890
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Aresen » 26 Apr 2019, 11:43

Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 09:06
One million percent NSFW! In a wholesome packaging.
This Video Has Been Removed for Violating Youtube's Terms of Service
NOW I'M REALLY CURIOUS.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7841
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Apr 2019, 11:59

They already take it down?

Edit: yup
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7841
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Apr 2019, 12:06

It was this nerdy Russian guy going through Tokyo. He's got one of those chest holders for the camera. He's going around doing nerdy touristy stuff. Little shops. Talking to people. Then he goes down a dark alley. Buys coke. Picks up escorts. Gets a private room. Does huge bumps of coke. Escorts start flashing. Gets real dirty. More coke. Topless shots. Etc. Then bangs the escorts after they do lines. Then ends with nerdy Russian guy walking through streets praising Tokyo.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7841
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Apr 2019, 12:08

Very plain white tees music in the background. I felt like I was watching the video to smack my bitch up. And the transition between wholesomeness and r rated was very well done. I laughed my ass off.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 26722
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Warren » 26 Apr 2019, 12:09

Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 12:06
It was this nerdy Russian guy going through Tokyo. He's got one of those chest holders for the camera. He's going around doing nerdy touristy stuff. Little shops. Talking to people. Then he goes down a dark alley. Buys coke. Picks up escorts. Gets a private room. Does huge bumps of coke. Escorts start flashing. Gets real dirty. More coke. Topless shots. Etc. Then bangs the escorts after they do lines. Then ends with nerdy Russian guy walking through streets praising Tokyo.
Ah. Yeah, you can't do that on YouTube. Now if it had been a Mexican in NYC, that's another story. But you can't have a Russian doing lines and prostitutes in Tokyo. That's Racist!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7841
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Apr 2019, 14:28

Warren wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 12:09
Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 12:06
It was this nerdy Russian guy going through Tokyo. He's got one of those chest holders for the camera. He's going around doing nerdy touristy stuff. Little shops. Talking to people. Then he goes down a dark alley. Buys coke. Picks up escorts. Gets a private room. Does huge bumps of coke. Escorts start flashing. Gets real dirty. More coke. Topless shots. Etc. Then bangs the escorts after they do lines. Then ends with nerdy Russian guy walking through streets praising Tokyo.
Ah. Yeah, you can't do that on YouTube. Now if it had been a Mexican in NYC, that's another story. But you can't have a Russian doing lines and prostitutes in Tokyo. That's Racist!
Looks like he cross the streams and uploaded to vimeo as well.

Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13558
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Eric the .5b » 26 Apr 2019, 21:18

OK, that's hilarious.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7841
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Apr 2019, 22:08

Eric the .5b wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 21:18
OK, that's hilarious.
Right??!!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 26722
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Warren » 26 Apr 2019, 22:21

Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 22:08
Eric the .5b wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 21:18
OK, that's hilarious.
Right??!!
Too many unidentified fluids to enjoy thoroughly.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7841
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Apr 2019, 23:34

Warren wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 22:21
Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 22:08
Eric the .5b wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 21:18
OK, that's hilarious.
Right??!!
Too many unidentified fluids to enjoy thoroughly.
You grow more conservative and lame with every passing day it seems. You've got to fight it man!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 26722
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Warren » 27 Apr 2019, 00:50

Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 23:34
Warren wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 22:21
Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 22:08
Eric the .5b wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 21:18
OK, that's hilarious.
Right??!!
Too many unidentified fluids to enjoy thoroughly.
You grow more conservative and lame with every passing day it seems. You've got to fight it man!
I've long since embraced it.
It'll happen to you.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT


User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 18772
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 07 May 2019, 23:44

Gotta admire this kid's pluck!


User avatar
JD
Posts: 10909
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by JD » 08 May 2019, 10:14

I cried with laughter watching that Roomba video. "AAAAAAAAAAA! WHY WAS I MADE THIS WAY?!"
the tl;dwatch version of the video is just skip to the part where the people are sitting at the dinner table.
Beep boop, you silly humans.

User avatar
JD
Posts: 10909
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by JD » 23 May 2019, 12:57

An interesting exploration of why milk comes in plastic bags in many countries, but not in the US: https://thetakeout.com/why-does-canadia ... 1798259823

And as a bonus, it includes a useful talking point the next time somebody goes all ARGLE BLARGLE UNFETTERED NO-RULES CAPITALISM LIKE WE HAVE HERE IN THE US:
No doubt, America would face a similar war with the introduction of milk bags. The U.S. milk industry is heavily regulated and controlled by giant milk companies. In 2003, when a man in Southern California started bottling his own milk and selling it for 20 cents less than the average gallon in his area, a powerful conglomerate of large milk companies and dairies spent $5 million to lobby Congress, successfully, to pass a bill strengthening price-control laws.
Beep boop, you silly humans.

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 15890
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Aresen » 23 May 2019, 13:14

I've seen milk bags, but I prefer cartons because I can close them easily.

TBS, I see no reason why someone couldn't produce a clip that would 'close' milk bags at least as tightly as milk cartons.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Highway
Posts: 13275
Joined: 12 May 2011, 00:22
Location: the Electric Ocean

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Highway » 23 May 2019, 14:03

Aresen wrote:I've seen milk bags, but I prefer cartons because I can close them easily.

TBS, I see no reason why someone couldn't produce a clip that would 'close' milk bags at least as tightly as milk cartons.
Couldn't they just put a screw on lid like they do with plastic milk jugs?
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

User avatar
Dangerman
Posts: 6732
Joined: 07 May 2010, 12:26

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Dangerman » 25 May 2019, 18:37

I think BHT plays a role too.

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28177
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by thoreau » 04 Jun 2019, 11:39

Jonathan Chait has a good take on grifterism in the GOP.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019 ... fters.html

As unpopular as it is to say, there are real differences between the parties.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 26722
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Warren » 04 Jun 2019, 11:58

thoreau wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 11:39
Jonathan Chait has a good take on grifterism in the GOP.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019 ... fters.html

As unpopular as it is to say, there are real differences between the parties.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
LOLWHA?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28177
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by thoreau » 04 Jun 2019, 12:33

RTFA

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 26722
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Warren » 04 Jun 2019, 12:54

thoreau wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 12:33
RTFA

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I did. It's business as usual. There are differences. They are not "real differences".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28177
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by thoreau » 04 Jun 2019, 13:00

Read this.

https://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-long-con

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28177
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by thoreau » 04 Jun 2019, 16:18

Moar on the right's grifter problem, this time from the cultural Marxists at the National Review:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morn ... ces-today/
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24562
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Worthwhile intertubez finds

Post by Mo » 04 Jun 2019, 18:39

I did enjoy how Chait notes the irony of the fact that these scam PACs are more prevalent because the Obama era IRS got slammed by Republicans for investigating them for being scams.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests