heroes of the day

thoreau

Re: heroes of the day

Post by thoreau » 21 Oct 2012, 18:59

I don't like Darrell Issa, but I nonetheless hope they don't strip him naked and hold him in solitary with 24 hour lighting so he can't sleep.

I mean, that's SOP in cases like this, right?
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 21 Oct 2012, 19:03

If a compromise of SBU damages national security, you classified the material wrong.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 21 Oct 2012, 19:09

Now, if we could just have a playback of some of Issa's splytterings about Julian Assange, they might be enjoyable.

OTOH, I suppose it is unlikely that Issa will share a cell with Bradley Manning.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 21 Oct 2012, 19:17

Aresen wrote:
Now, if we could just have a playback of some of Issa's splytterings about Julian Assange, they might be enjoyable.

OTOH, I suppose it is unlikely that Issa will share a cell with Bradley Manning.
Not with solitary confinement...
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 21 Oct 2012, 19:26

If Manning and Issa are fermions, they could occupy the same space but spin in opposite directions, so there would still just be one inmate per quantum state.

I suspect that spinning them around constantly would qualify as torture enhanced confinement.
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 21 Oct 2012, 19:40

thoreau wrote:If Manning and Issa are fermions, they could occupy the same space but spin in opposite directions, so there would still just be one inmate per quantum state.

I suspect that spinning them around constantly would qualify as torture enhanced confinement.
But wouldn't their state already be determined?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Mo

Post by Mo » 21 Oct 2012, 20:53

Kolohe wrote:If a compromise of SBU damages national security, you classified the material wrong.
I meant more about exposing names of local assets that were working with us.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 21 Oct 2012, 21:04

'you' being those guys and gals that wrote the cables, of course. (french 'on')
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 21 Oct 2012, 23:08

Kolohe wrote:If a compromise of SBU damages national security, you classified the material wrong.
If your national security depends on keeping the people who work for you a secret, you're probably not doing a very good job of running your country.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 22 Oct 2012, 00:26

thoreau wrote:If Manning and Issa are fermions, they could occupy the same space but spin in opposite directions, so there would still just be one inmate per quantum state.

Isn't it pretty well established that Isaa is an enormous bozo-n?

fyodor

Post by fyodor » 02 Jul 2013, 13:38

So who do we root for? Morsi or the generals?

(Naturally I'm especially interested in Mo's opinion...)
Your optimism just confuses and enrages me. - Timothy

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Jul 2013, 13:41

I'm pretty sure this is another Patriots/Raiders game, but with no Tebow.

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 02 Jul 2013, 13:52

fyodor wrote:So who do we root for? Morsi or the generals?

I suspect this is yet another case of 'meet the new boss'. I doubt it will improve things much on the ground for the average person.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Jul 2013, 13:56

Hugh Akston wrote:I'm pretty sure this is another Patriots/Raiders game, but with no Tebow.
Reason aleph one plus one for not getting involved in anything taking place east of 20˚ W Longitude and west of the International Date Line.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2013, 14:19

Aresen wrote:

Hugh Akston wrote:I'm pretty sure this is another Patriots/Raiders game, but with no Tebow.
Reason aleph one plus one for not getting involved in anything taking place east of 20˚ W Longitude and west of the International Date Line.
Or south of San Diego.

(Yes, this means we no longer have anything to do with Florida.)

EDIT: Upon further reflection, I see no need to get involved in anything south of Irvine. Screw San Diego.
--Jake

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Jul 2013, 14:23

thoreau wrote:EDIT: Upon further reflection, I see no need to get involved in anything south of Irvine. Screw San Diego.
Does that include Padres games? Because you may be on to something there.

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Jul 2013, 14:41

From what I hear on the ground, root for early elections first, bringing in opposition into the govt second, generals third, Morsi never.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2013, 14:44

Mo wrote:From what I hear on the ground, root for early elections first, bringing in opposition into the govt second, generals third, Morsi never.
Fine, but your sister is obligated to root for Morsi.
--Jake

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Jul 2013, 14:48

Morsi graduated from Cairo U one year before my dad and from USC 2 years after him. However, he never met him or knew of him.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2013, 14:49

Mo wrote:Morsi graduated from Cairo U one year before my dad and from USC 2 years after him. However, he never met him or knew of him.
Still, Trojan Family, man. Trojan Family.
--Jake

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Jul 2013, 14:53

Yeah, but a materials scientist? You want a STEM guy running a country? I mean, how impossible must it be for a guy with a PhD in STEM to resist thinking what the country needs is some social engineering?

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2013, 14:54

D.A. Ridgely wrote:Yeah, but a materials scientist? You want a STEM guy running a country? I mean, how impossible must it be for a guy with a PhD in STEM to resist thinking what the country needs is some social engineering?
STEM pipeline, dude.

The Pope has a chemistry degree.
--Jake

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Jul 2013, 14:55

D.A. Ridgely wrote:Yeah, but a materials scientist? You want a STEM guy running a country? I mean, how impossible must it be for a guy with a PhD in STEM to resist thinking what the country needs is some social engineering?
Well, since a large part of Egypt's tourist income is from people coming to see pyramids, obviously Egypt needs to build more pyramids.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2013, 14:59

Aresen wrote:
Well, since a large part of Egypt's tourist income is from people coming to see pyramids, obviously Egypt needs to build more pyramids.
And the STEM pipeline is a pyramid scheme, so having a STEM guy in charge of Egypt fits together perfectly.
--Jake

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Jul 2013, 15:04

thoreau wrote:
STEM pipeline, dude.

The Pope has a chemistry degree.
You say this as though it's a good thing?

Then again, the current Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church in the U.S. has a doctorate in oceanography, and when dealing with the House of Bishops her knowledge of invertebrate biology must come in handy.