Drupal Rules! phpBB Droolz! lol

JasonL

Re: Drupal Rules! phpBB Droolz! lol

Post by JasonL » 17 Oct 2017, 15:52

JFC what happened to Tapatalk in new iOS? I can’t get it to feed me just the most recent unread topics.

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 17 Oct 2017, 16:44

JasonL wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 15:52
JFC what happened to Tapatalk in new iOS? I can’t get it to feed me just the most recent unread topics.
It takes a while to find it, but it's there. Go to Groups, click on Grylliade, then click "Discussions" in the bottom menu, then scroll the top menu to "Unread" and click that.

Fortunately it remembers what you clicked.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 17 Oct 2017, 16:48

Yeah, took me a while to find it.

Also it keeps opening to this annoying splash page of bullshit add-this-to-your-feed stuff, and I can't get it not to do that, but it's just a few taps to get back to grylliade's 'unread' list once I know the sequence.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 17 Oct 2017, 17:06

Sandy wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 16:44
JasonL wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 15:52
It takes a while to find it, but it's there. Go to Groups, click on Grylliade, then click "Discussions" in the bottom menu, then scroll the top menu to "Unread" and click that.

Fortunately it remembers what you clicked.
Ahh thanks. It's a discussion within a group. I thought the discussion thing was at the top layer in the previous incarnation, regardless it was what always came up.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 17 Oct 2017, 19:04

I don't really use Tapatalk anymore ever since Sandy's upgrades. (Maybe just to upload photos)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 17 Oct 2017, 19:15

Kolohe wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 19:04
I don't really use Tapatalk anymore ever since Sandy's upgrades. (Maybe just to upload photos)
Because of functionality problems or because the mobile version now works well via Safari/Chrome?

ETA: Because the issues Jason has been experiencing are associated with an update to Tapatalk, not with Sandy's updates to the system, which didn't do much with Tapatalk, but happened just before a big update radically changed Tapatalk's interface.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 17 Oct 2017, 19:23

When Sandy did what he did, using the regular Web browser (eta on my mobile device) became the superior and preferred experience for me.

(I had only used Tapatalk for one other forum, bikearlington, and those guys got so full of themselves that stopped posting over a year ago.)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

JD

Post by JD » 23 Oct 2017, 08:11

Warren wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 11:10
Highway wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 11:09
Warren wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 10:54
Sometimes when I click on the little icon that means "unread post" it takes me to the post and sometimes I have to scroll down to find it. What's up with that?
If you've already visited that post, then the Unread Post (on the forum topic list) will take you to the top of the last page. It won't take you to the same post a second time. Maybe it's something related to that?
No. I think it's an image thing. It takes me to the post and then images load and push it down. Maybe.
I have noticed the same thing. I think it's related to embedded tweets, because it seems to only happen on those pages. You click on the 'last post' icon, and your browser loads the page and jumps to the last post, and then it jumps back to a tweet that it's loading.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 23 Oct 2017, 10:24

My perception is that it's due to rendering and spacing. The browser jumps to the last post, or first unread post, depending on which link you've clicked, and the rendering template assumes a particular size for preceding comments, but because images and embedded materials load more slowly and therefore after the comments' text does. The height of preceding comments increases to accommodate embeds in those comments, pushing the linked comment down the screen and giving the impression you've jumped up.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 23 Oct 2017, 10:32

All I know is that it continues to annoy me. I should have thought that would be enough for somebody to do something about it. But noooooooooooo
THIS SPACE FOR RENT