Groping Resistance - Pfft.

Mo

Re: Groping Resistance - Pfft.

Post by Mo » 02 May 2015, 20:13

So here's a first (and it could cross-post on government's good side). Mrs. Mo and I have Global Entry and Mojito does not. We did the Global Entry kiosk and then were sent to the diplomatic passport line to get Mojito through and the guy apologized for the inconvenience. Mrs. Mo and I were both in complete shock.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 01 Jun 2015, 15:56

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Jun 2015, 16:09

Mo wrote:TSA takes incompetence to levels never before seen by any entity.
Yikes. Also yikes for the terrible writer who had to lead with an explanation of sarcasm..

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 01 Jun 2015, 16:11

So I guess that means they'll be defunded or at the very least have some major personnel turnover.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Jun 2015, 16:13

Slate? That would be nice. Certainly not the other guys.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 01 Jun 2015, 16:34

"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

JD

Post by JD » 10 Sep 2015, 18:47

In other security theater news, this morning I noticed that all of the garbage cans around the WTC have been locked and have a little sign on them noting that they've been closed for security purposes.

And today, there's a news item about how the head of the NYPD’s World Trade Center Command wants to ban hot dog carts from an even larger radius around the WTC, because of security.

Meanwhile, you are still permitted to drive vehicles quite close to the WTC, because apparently you can only put bombs in garbage cans and hot dog carts, not cars or trucks or anything.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Mo

Post by Mo » 10 Sep 2015, 22:28

Somebody is taking gut bombs way too literally.

Randroid 2.0

Post by Randroid 2.0 » 10 Sep 2015, 22:30

JD wrote:In other security theater news, this morning I noticed that all of the garbage cans around the WTC have been locked and have a little sign on them noting that they've been closed for security purposes.

And today, there's a news item about how the head of the NYPD’s World Trade Center Command wants to ban hot dog carts from an even larger radius around the WTC, because of security.

Meanwhile, you are still permitted to drive vehicles quite close to the WTC, because apparently you can only put bombs in garbage cans and hot dog carts, not cars or trucks or anything.
If memory serves, the original WTC attack was a truck bomb.

People are stupid.

Sent from my iBone, to beat Warren to the punch.

JD

Post by JD » 25 Sep 2015, 11:42

Today while heading into the PATH station I got pulled over for an explosive-detecting swab test of my bag. I stated to the cop that I complied under protest; he said that I was free to refuse and leave, to which I pointed out that it was a bit difficult to get to New Jersey otherwise.* He actually had something of a reasonable response about which legal authorities I could protest to...I did not express my view that such protest would be equivalent to pissing in the wind.

* You are subject to search on the train, you are subject to search on the boat, and I'm fairly that bridges and tunnels fall under the same legal regime. This is what makes the "but you're free to do something different" response such a joke: you're free to do something different, but every realistic alternative is subject to the same thing. I guess I would not be subject to search if I swam to New Jersey?
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 25 Sep 2015, 13:16

Randroid 2.0 wrote:
JD wrote:In other security theater news, this morning I noticed that all of the garbage cans around the WTC have been locked and have a little sign on them noting that they've been closed for security purposes.

If memory serves, the original WTC attack was a truck bomb.

People are stupid.

Sent from my iBone, to beat Warren to the punch.
Yep. HBO had an awesome dramatized version of the 93' bombing called "Path to Paradise" which magically disappeared after 9-11. I was, however, able to find it on the tor - rents and have a copy if anyone well, you know...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 05 Oct 2015, 12:24

Not "Groping" resistance, but "snooping" resistance...

The Ugly T-Shirt is one step closer to reality...

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 23 Dec 2015, 11:07

The TSA can now opt you out of opting out of the rapescanners.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 23 Dec 2015, 11:20

Hugh Akston wrote:The TSA can now opt you out of opting out of the rapescanners.
Mandatory security theatre. I need to study up on Kabuki.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 23 Dec 2015, 15:14

Aresen wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:The TSA can now opt you out of opting out of the rapescanners.
Noh you don't.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 23 Dec 2015, 15:29

Yeah, you don't want to make a big production out of it.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 23 Dec 2015, 15:42

Don't try to makeup some BS why you can't be rapey scanned.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 23 Dec 2015, 17:08

JasonL wrote:
Aresen wrote:
Noh you don't.

Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

JD

Post by JD » 19 Feb 2016, 17:14

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 19 Feb 2016, 23:42

Huh, Atlanta was one of the better operations when TSA started
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 20 Feb 2016, 02:48

It's not a complaint about TSA's molesty stylings, though. It's merely a complaint that TSA isn't molesting people quickly and efficiently enough.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Warren

Post by Warren » 20 Feb 2016, 10:30

Wait. Airports use TSA by choice?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 20 Feb 2016, 14:43

Warren wrote:Wait. Airports use TSA by choice?
That was news to me too, but apparently you can contract that shit out. It looks like a few decent-sized airports are doing it too, like SF and KC.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 20 Feb 2016, 15:17

Hugh Akston wrote:
Warren wrote:Wait. Airports use TSA by choice?
That was news to me too, but apparently you can contract that shit out. It looks like a few decent-sized airports are doing it too, like SF and KC.
Yeah, it's not important who is violating flyers' rights for pointless security theater; the important thing is that their rights are being violated.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 20 Feb 2016, 15:40

I think the airlines and terminals were happy to let the Feds move in after 9/11, seeing it as free services and reduced liability. I haven't done any research, but this is the most logical explanation because it also eliminates any question about the TSA's right to be there.

Maybe now they're turning out to be so obstructive that the airlines/terminals have figured out it's affecting the bottom line more than it's worth so they're rethinking it. However, my best guess is that any serious movement to replace TSA flunkies en masse will result in a federal mandate to keep them there. They're a big part of Homeland Security's rice bowl, and you're only as important in Washington as the size of your budget. Plus, government's gotta govern.