Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

D.A. Ridgely

Re: Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Good luck, Mo.

Were it me, I think I'd opt for the expense of a private test anyway unless the home test would arrive very soon and have a very quick turn-around time for results. But maybe that's just me; I'd rather know sooner rather than later.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Mo wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 08:37
Jasper wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 08:21
WTF? Why wouldn't they want to test you? Is UK having a shortage of tests as well?
Because it wouldn’t change the treatment right now which would be rest and isolate. He said I can get it if I want one, but not worth the expense (private doctor). He said he could send me a home test in the post.
Fair enough, I guess.

Hang in there bud.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Dammit mo! Get well, man.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

JD

Post by JD »

Best of luck, Mo. Here's hoping it's one of the mild cases.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Mo

Post by Mo »

So far so good. Though to be fair I don’t know how far along I am in it. My fever hit on Friday and peaked at 102.9. Since then it’s been hanging around at 101.5ish. No serious cough and no shortness of breath. I am very achy though
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Mo wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 10:12
So far so good. Though to be fair I don’t know how far along I am in it. My fever hit on Friday and peaked at 102.9. Since then it’s been hanging around at 101.5ish. No serious cough and no shortness of breath. I am very achy though
YIKES! Glad you're past the worst of it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Best wishes Mo & Mofamily
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Shem

Post by Shem »

Hope you feel better soon.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Damn, sorry to hear, best wishes Mo.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Hope you feel better, Mo.

Until then, any chance you could pay a visit to Meghan and Harry?
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Meghan and Harry are fine; it's Boris Johnson who deserves a big coughing visit from Mo right about now.

Seriously, Mo, I hope you're okay. At least it sounds like you have the mild "unpleasant cold" version of the disease, anyway. What about your wife and kids, though -- are you quarantined with or away from them?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Painboy

Post by Painboy »

Hope you feel better.

Not getting a test is weird to me though. I would think they would want to confirm it as well since it could be added to the number of people infected. I mean if they're doing this regularly how accurate are the current figures?

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Not very, considering most cases are asymptomatic or mild enough that people don't bother to get tested. Even if they wanted to there is still a shortage of test kits.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Mo

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 10:33
Mo wrote:
I don't know if I've hit the worst of it yet. I hope so though because that means I'm invincible.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

nicole

Post by nicole »

Painboy wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 12:16
Hope you feel better.

Not getting a test is weird to me though. I would think they would want to confirm it as well since it could be added to the number of people infected. I mean if they're doing this regularly how accurate are the current figures?
Uhhhhhhh

Yeah

ETA sorry why am I still poasting about this I need to follow my own advice
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Mo wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 12:27
Warren wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 10:33
Mo wrote:
I don't know if I've hit the worst of it yet. I hope so though because that means I'm invincible.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Best wishes Mo. Get well soon. Best to your family as well.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Oh, geeze. :( Best wishes, Mo, and for your family, too.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Mo

Post by Mo »

This feels like something dhex made up as a way to make fun of Staten Island.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/staten-is ... -warnings/

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Well seriously take care of yourself. If it is this monster, it's a bit of a road before you're really out of the woods.

mrs lunch's fever started either Saturday or Sunday of last week, so she's at the 8-9 day mark. Didn't even crest 101F yesterday, that we measured. Day 10 is where we'll start to feel safe from a potential downturn. Although there's actually a pretty good chance this was a mild case of flu, since she never got the tickly cough part. Her fever's been down so we may be into the tail end, but there are plenty of reports of it seeming to slack off then come roaring back.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - Also JasonL

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Somebody I follow on Twitter has COVID-19 symptoms, albeit fairly mild, and was stressed about not getting tested because he thought if he could confirm he had it, he'd feel able to resume going out in public once he'd recovered. Though I suppose that assumes having it confers immunity thereafter -- has that been established yet?
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

nicole

Post by nicole »

Ellie wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 16:06
Somebody I follow on Twitter has COVID-19 symptoms, albeit fairly mild, and was stressed about not getting tested because he thought if he could confirm he had it, he'd feel able to resume going out in public once he'd recovered. Though I suppose that assumes having it confers immunity thereafter -- has that been established yet?
No, it hasn’t slash length of immunity has definitely not been.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

There have been some reports of people being reinfected after recovering, but it's not clear whether that is an actual thing or due to testing problems or varying illness durations.
Snopes wrote:Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who is for many Americans the most familiar source for information on the coronavirus disease (due to his numerous appearances at government press conferences and cable television news reports), told Congress that he felt it was unlikely anyone could become reinfected by the virus: “We haven’t formally proved it, but … if this acts like any other virus, once you recover, you won’t get reinfected.”

Solitudinarian

Post by Solitudinarian »

Get well soon, Mo. But if you're missing the shortness of breath, I'm sure there's a cat in the neighborhood.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

Mo

Post by Mo »

They suspect that there is immunity conferred because of related viruses like SARS original flavor.