Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

Hugh Akston

Re: Corona(virus)? ITS NOT EVEN BEER DAMMIT!!!

Post by Hugh Akston »

Andrew wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 16:14
I hope the $1000 comes in the form of a single bill with Reagan (or maybe Ed Meese) on it.
The historical $1000 bill already has America's greatest president on it.

As a bonus the serial numbers are all non-consecutive.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 11:02
Ellie wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 09:55
dbcooper wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 09:00
A friend was working on a big HBO/Sky TV series, now it's indefinitely closed down. Maybe for the best, because it was heading for disaster.
I was actually wondering if all this is going to mean no new TV gets made for a while, and if it will be like the writers' strike.
It will if the quarantine persists through spring and summer but many TV shows and movies, are already, as they used to say, in the can.
One of my partners is in a DGA training program where she gets assigned to various shows. (She worked on the last season of Will and Grace, for instance.)

She had been assigned to a pilot that was gonna start in a week or two. She no longer is. All the shoots have been canceled.

Which, as you say, isn't going to affect TV coming out now, but there's definitely going to be a lapse in production.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

nicole wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 14:37

Sorry, but I left Team Human the day the normies started posting about the coronavirus.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren »

Andrew wrote:
I hope the $1000 comes in the form of a single bill with Reagan (or maybe Ed Meese) on it.
Meese? James Baker maybe. Oh wait, Al Haig!
Hugh Akston wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 16:20

Go big or go home
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Hugh Akston wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Needs moar Laura Roslin.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

You keep being you, Fox News. They take the same chart everyone else has and manages to find and trumpet the least important thing about it.
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 1.18.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 1.18.55 PM.png (78.73 KiB) Viewed 593 times
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

TBF nobody under 50 watches Fox News, so they're just playing to their audience.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Hugh Akston wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 17:36
TBF nobody under 50 watches Fox News, so they're just playing to their audience.
Maybe Fox News should be playing to their audience by pointing out that their grandkids are going to start dying because the ICU beds will run out. Or does conservative callousness extend even to family members.

I swear if I hear another person downplay it because it "only kills the elderly and ill anyway"...

As long as I'm feeling vitriolic I'll just get off my chest that politicians can just fuck off and shut up until they have something to say about testing and hospitals and equipment. One more news conference about jobs and stocks and handwashing and exactly how much should the free check be and the stimulus and I'll end up injuring my own tv. The only thing I want to hear about at this point is what they are doing to get mass testing underway. If they don't have anything to say about that they should shut up, go home and feel shitty at how badly they fucked this up.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

dead_elvis wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 18:15
If they don't have anything to say about that they should shut up, go home and feel shitty at how badly they fucked this up.
These things are beyond the capacity of the current president.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hugh Akston wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Boring. If we're going to juice the economy, let's get wild. Maybe all the presidents can be on it. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter is passed out on the couch.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Well, in the last few hours I have developed a sore throat and some chest mild chest inflamation. These are my normal symptoms for a chest cold, but under the circumstances I can't take risks.

I have no reason to suspect I have been exposed to the big C19 - I haven't been near many people and the shops and streets have been pretty empty, so I am fairly sure it is just a cold.

Will keep you posted.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway »

Aresen wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 21:23
Well, in the last few hours I have developed a sore throat and some chest mild chest inflamation. These are my normal symptoms for a chest cold, but under the circumstances I can't take risks.

I have no reason to suspect I have been exposed to the big C19 - I haven't been near many people and the shops and streets have been pretty empty, so I am fairly sure it is just a cold.

Will keep you posted.
Hope you feel better. I've had something the last couple days that were pretty much the same thing: sore throat and then throat / sinus congestion. And feeling really wiped out for a day or so. But I'm getting better. Figured I should ask for more work from home time, tho, so I don't go to the office and freak anyone out.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Seems that body aches (like from the flu) are not a typical symptom?
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Warren

Post by Warren »

Andrew wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 21:00

Boring. If we're going to juice the economy, let's get wild. Maybe all the presidents can be on it. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter is passed out on the couch.
I'm thinking a Last Supper kind of thing with Harry Truman as Jesus and Herbert Hoover as Judas.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Aresen do you have the ability to get tested?

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 10:31
Aresen do you have the ability to get tested?
There is a self-assessment tool on the provincial website that gives guidelines on getting tested. I'm not over the threshold - in fact, my symptoms have lessened overnight.

I'm monitoring, obviously, but am also feeling better this AM.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

That's good to hear, at least.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Good news: My biological father is quarantined after being exposed to the virus.

Bad news: So far he's asymptomatic.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

shade

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

JD

Post by JD »

Shouldn't all the self-righteous assholes on FB be complaining about "profiteering"? I mean, isn't it immoral for prices to ever go up?

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Aresen wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 11:11
I'm monitoring, obviously, but am also feeling better this AM.
Excellent. My wife and I have over the last couple of days felt something and thankfully (so far) it hasn't blossomed into anything. It sucks being so hyper aware of every feeling every moment. Like those annoying relationships where the other person is so insecure they ask every day how the relationship is going.

Due to pot smoking/vaping the last 5 years (and probably also due to smoking from 18-25 and then off and on in my 30s) I don't feel like my lungs are in great shape and I have a lot of anxiety over being at risk because of this, though a doctor hasn't given me any official lung diagnosis beyond "saw some scarring on your x-ray consistent with past smoking" when I had an x-ray for something unrelated. I had a mild bronchitis over New Years and the low level tickley cough and slight sinus sniffles and sneeziness at the tail end of that never *really* went away. I completely cut the pot about a week ago, and it alleviated somewhat, but those symptoms make it impossible to tell if I'm coming down with something or if it's just my normal state of ill health. Other factors that contribute to that are that our HVAC air filter really should have been changed and we live right between two major freeways.

Though yesterday's worry was throat/sinus, and I was relieved to wake up feeling better but now my lungs are feeling a little ticklier, which doesn't help my state of mind, but as I said I have no idea if it's just my normal crud, which even in normal times fluctuates with how much sleep I get.

We are now at the median onset point from our last day of human contact. I was an idiot and let my cousins visit and stay with us for a day last Sunday. They had already been here a week with other relatives on vacation and we find out they were going to bars and restaurants and a whale watching boatride. SMH. I just couldn't say no to family, even though I've never really been that into family she reached out and it felt important to reconnect. I have fond feelings for her and I just didn't have the fortitude to say no, but dammit they were so ignorant not cancelling their vacay.

TL;DR: So yeah not too bad yet but feeling vulnerable and anxious.

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

JD wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 13:38
Shouldn't all the self-righteous assholes on FB be complaining about "profiteering"? I mean, isn't it immoral for prices to ever go up?
I can't find the tweet but I saw something trying to make a gotcha zinger to free marketers about the dangers low-paid workers without sick days are facing and shouldn't the market account for that but it just ended up sounding like "price gouging on things, bad; price gouging on labor, A-OK!". Not that I'm unsympathetic to their plight, but it was a stupid argument.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

And now, for a moment of socially responsible levity:

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

JFC the memes fellating Andy Beshear as the mommy of KY that will make everything ok ... they are horrifying.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

JasonL wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 19:16
JFC the memes fellating Andy Beshear as the mommy of KY that will make everything ok ... they are horrifying.
If it weren't for the GOP, man I'd do anything to burn the Democratic Party to the ground.