And Then There Were Four (The Impeachment Thread)

thoreau

Re: And Then There Were Four (The Impeachment Thread)

Post by thoreau » 30 Sep 2019, 16:58

If it will keep you on the impeachment train I'll drop the Russia issue.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 30 Sep 2019, 17:16

thoreau wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 16:58
If it will keep you on the impeachment train I'll drop the Russia issue.
Unfortunately, the impeachment train is turning out to be the Trans-Siberian Local.

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Sep 2019, 18:02

Kolohe wrote:Was Tim Cavanaugh always this much of a moron?
Yes
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 30 Sep 2019, 23:53

Yertle the Senate Majority Leader said today that the Senate would have no choice but to hold an impeachment trial if the House found cause.

There is, unsurprisingly, a but:
“Under the Senate rules, we are required to take it up if the House does go down that path. “The Senate impeachment rules are very clear,” McConnell said in an interview.

According to a Republican Senate leadership aide, any senator could attempt to have the articles of impeachment dismissed in the early stages of the trial, which would trigger a vote with a majority of the Senate needing to vote in favor for it to succeed.

“How long you’re on it, is a whole different matter, but I would have no choice but to take it up,” McConnell said.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Oct 2019, 10:08

Will Trump be tried as an adult?

And will Rudy try an insanity defense?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 Oct 2019, 10:23

thoreau wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 10:08
I'm stealing that!
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Oct 2019, 11:14

Aresen wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 10:23
thoreau wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 10:08
I'm stealing that!
Yeah that's good.
It's dumb out there kids, keep your heads down. - JasonL

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 10:34

Donaldik Donaldovich is very concerned about the sons of politicians doing business overseas.

--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Oct 2019, 10:51

Physician, heal thyself.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 11:59

He also asked Boris Johnson for help.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... nt-2019-10

As far as I can tell, the only foreign leader whom Trump has never asked for favors is Vladimir Putin, because it is an article of faith that there is absolutely nothing inappropriate about Trump's dealings with Putin.
--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Oct 2019, 12:05

thoreau wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 11:59
because it is an article of faith that there is absolutely nothing inappropriate about Trump's dealings with Putin.
For whom?
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 12:42

Hugh Akston wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 12:05
thoreau wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 11:59
because it is an article of faith that there is absolutely nothing inappropriate about Trump's dealings with Putin.
For whom?
Nobody, obviously.

The only way to get by in this world is to see no evil. So Trump has compromising dealings with Russia and I deny it and say "Obviously there was nothing inappropriate." Other people deny it, and in order to avoid saying that they are full of shit I just say "Nobody denied it." People schedule a meeting that I know will be pointless but if I were to say it in advance people would say "Oh, come on, you don't know that. Maybe it will be great!" So I deny that it will be pointless. Students flounder at math and people will say "Oh, come on, you don't know, maybe they'll do great in physics." So I just deny it and say that of course there's no reason to think that math performance is predictive of physics performance.

I deny everything. Everybody should just do as much stupid shit as they like and I'll smile and say that there's nothing wrong with anything. Trade wars are good and easy to win. Meetings are great. Test scores mean nothing. You don't need math to do physics. There was no collusion. The next strategic planning exercise will be great. Everything is fine, we're all fine here. How are you?
--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Oct 2019, 12:54

thoreau what the hell are you talking about

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 13:01

I'm talking about nothing. Nobody here has ever denied that Trump's dealings with Russia are improper. Saying otherwise would cause trouble.

Also, none of Trump's dealings with Russia are improper. Saying otherwise would cause trouble.

Look, everything here mirrors what I deal with every day in my meatspace life, where I have to pretend to agree with statements that are plainly false in order to avoid trouble. And then I come here to my diversion and I have to pretend to agree with statements that are plainly false in order to avoid trouble.

I want to open up a green grocery and put up a sign that says (in Czech) "Workers of the World Unite!"
--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Oct 2019, 13:04

What trouble? What false statements?

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Oct 2019, 13:07

Thoreau's off his meds again. I recommend he either ween himself from faculty meetings or up his Thorazine dosage.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 13:08

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 13:07
Thoreau's off his meds again. I recommend he either ween himself from faculty meetings or up his Thorazine dosage.
Why choose?
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Oct 2019, 13:09

thoreau wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 13:08
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 13:07
Why choose?
Good point.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 13:10

Anyway, I guess we're going to just pretend that we haven't had years of arguments on this forum concerning Trump and Russia. We're just going to pretend that a number of people haven't repeatedly dismissed a mountain of evidence that Trump's actions with Russia would preclude literally any other job that required access to classified information.

Fine. We're all fine here. Everything's fine. How are you?
--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Oct 2019, 13:21

What trouble? What false statements?

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Oct 2019, 13:24

Well, some of us see a distinction between "That's a good point but there are other factors to consider as well" and "You're entirely full of shit." You can play passive-aggressive martyr to the absence of total and unanimous agreement with you forever, if you want, and if it makes you feel better to do so, have at it. Seems a bit like wallowing in rhetorically weak sauce to me, though.

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Oct 2019, 13:29

Hugh Akston wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 12:54
He's just choking on the black pill is all
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Oct 2019, 13:50

nicole wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 13:29
Hugh Akston wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 12:54
He's just choking on the black pill is all
Are you saying that I'm trying but failing to swallow incel notions?
--Mo

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 02 Oct 2019, 13:52

That's the red pill, or one version of it. The black pill is Nicolist antilifism.

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Oct 2019, 14:13

Yeah. He keeps talking about how nothing matters but he's still getting upset about it like it does.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex