Dancing With the Dems

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 10343
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by nicole »

This is seriously funny
After we voted, I told him I was upset that the Democratic Party had not prioritized a woman and/or a person of color, and that he didn’t support a woman with a real shot at the nomination—a candidate he loved— when it mattered. He was understandably defensive. I wanted him to say he regretted his vote, and all he could truthfully say he regretted was that the country had made his choice for him long before he cast his ballot. I felt frustrated with him for giving up on the candidate we both loved before it was over, and frustrated with myself because trying to persuade him to vote for a female candidate made me feel at times as if I were asking him to use his vote for sympathy rather than strategy. I just wish voting for a progressive woman didn’t feel like a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so rare that it would cause me to silently fume at my own husband for making a different decision.

The heartbreak of watching Warren be punished for her ambition was familiar to me after the 2016 election, in which Hillary Clinton had suffered similar scrutiny. What is unfamiliar is the loneliness I feel in my grief, something I haven’t been able to share with the person closest to me, because of the different choices we made this time. Instead, I’m buoyed by group texts with my female friends who know how it feels to need the space and time to grieve the four coming years in which a woman will not be president. I only hope that the vote I just cast is not the rare chance it seemed, and that whoever the first progressive woman president is, my husband and I can vote for her together.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 29330
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by thoreau »

This is why we need time-traveling killer robots: To prevent Twitter from ever happening.
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

User avatar
Number 6
Posts: 3233
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:41

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Number 6 »

thoreau wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:51
This is why we need time-traveling killer robots: To prevent Twitter from ever happening.
Can we assassinate Zuck while we're at it?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 25401
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 14:02
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:47
His handlers are going to keep him off of rope lines due to "coronavirus concerns"
That's fine for the time being. But after the conventions, Trump is going to start calling him out. If they let him on the same stage as Trump it'll be a blood bath.
Yes, how will Joe Biden ever be able to handle being on stage with such a silver tongued speaker like Donald Trump. Also, Biden’s hair plugs will look ridiculous when compared to Trump’s beautiful natural locks.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
dead_elvis
Posts: 1476
Joined: 01 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by dead_elvis »

nicole wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:46
This is seriously funny
After we voted, I told him I was upset that the Democratic Party had not prioritized a woman and/or a person of color, and that he didn’t support a woman with a real shot at the nomination—a candidate he loved— when it mattered. He was understandably defensive. I wanted him to say he regretted his vote, and all he could truthfully say he regretted was that the country had made his choice for him long before he cast his ballot. I felt frustrated with him for giving up on the candidate we both loved before it was over, and frustrated with myself because trying to persuade him to vote for a female candidate made me feel at times as if I were asking him to use his vote for sympathy rather than strategy. I just wish voting for a progressive woman didn’t feel like a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so rare that it would cause me to silently fume at my own husband for making a different decision.

The heartbreak of watching Warren be punished for her ambition was familiar to me after the 2016 election, in which Hillary Clinton had suffered similar scrutiny. What is unfamiliar is the loneliness I feel in my grief, something I haven’t been able to share with the person closest to me, because of the different choices we made this time. Instead, I’m buoyed by group texts with my female friends who know how it feels to need the space and time to grieve the four coming years in which a woman will not be president. I only hope that the vote I just cast is not the rare chance it seemed, and that whoever the first progressive woman president is, my husband and I can vote for her together.
This is why I'm glad I was raised (well, in one aspect anyway) the way I was- politics was strictly private. I don't know what they shared between them, but my parents were very clear about it being no one else's business who you vote for, even within our family. It bugs the shit out of me when my wife gets a bee in her bonnet about knowing how I voted. I just can't imagine being in a relationship with someone like this woman.
But when we had the chance to choose, I saw him vote for strategy over idealism
And when people chose idealism over strategy in 2016, it was somehow the worst thing evar. Oh, *you* want to be the one who dictates when it's appropriate to switch between those, and someone else making a different calculus gets you "fuming". Oki dokie, you sound like a real prize.
and that whoever the first progressive woman president is, my husband and I can vote for her together.
I don't know why I find this super creepy. Voting is a togetherness/relationship activity? No. It is not.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 19074
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Hugh Akston »

Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:22
Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 14:02
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:47
His handlers are going to keep him off of rope lines due to "coronavirus concerns"
That's fine for the time being. But after the conventions, Trump is going to start calling him out. If they let him on the same stage as Trump it'll be a blood bath.
Yes, how will Joe Biden ever be able to handle being on stage with such a silver tongued speaker like Donald Trump. Also, Biden’s hair plugs will look ridiculous when compared to Trump’s beautiful natural locks.
I think it's less about Trump being a silver-tounged orator and more about Trump hurling low-blow insults during his long hypnotic diatribes. Responding to Trump requires discipline and dignity. Uncle Joe can't seem to field legitimate questions about his platform without calling the speaker a liar and challenging him to a pushup contest.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 4392
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Painboy »

dead_elvis wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:36
nicole wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:46
This is seriously funny
After we voted, I told him I was upset that the Democratic Party had not prioritized a woman and/or a person of color, and that he didn’t support a woman with a real shot at the nomination—a candidate he loved— when it mattered. He was understandably defensive. I wanted him to say he regretted his vote, and all he could truthfully say he regretted was that the country had made his choice for him long before he cast his ballot. I felt frustrated with him for giving up on the candidate we both loved before it was over, and frustrated with myself because trying to persuade him to vote for a female candidate made me feel at times as if I were asking him to use his vote for sympathy rather than strategy. I just wish voting for a progressive woman didn’t feel like a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so rare that it would cause me to silently fume at my own husband for making a different decision.

The heartbreak of watching Warren be punished for her ambition was familiar to me after the 2016 election, in which Hillary Clinton had suffered similar scrutiny. What is unfamiliar is the loneliness I feel in my grief, something I haven’t been able to share with the person closest to me, because of the different choices we made this time. Instead, I’m buoyed by group texts with my female friends who know how it feels to need the space and time to grieve the four coming years in which a woman will not be president. I only hope that the vote I just cast is not the rare chance it seemed, and that whoever the first progressive woman president is, my husband and I can vote for her together.
This is why I'm glad I was raised (well, in one aspect anyway) the way I was- politics was strictly private. I don't know what they shared between them, but my parents were very clear about it being no one else's business who you vote for, even within our family. It bugs the shit out of me when my wife gets a bee in her bonnet about knowing how I voted. I just can't imagine being in a relationship with someone like this woman.
But when we had the chance to choose, I saw him vote for strategy over idealism
And when people chose idealism over strategy in 2016, it was somehow the worst thing evar. Oh, *you* want to be the one who dictates when it's appropriate to switch between those, and someone else making a different calculus gets you "fuming". Oki dokie, you sound like a real prize.
and that whoever the first progressive woman president is, my husband and I can vote for her together.
I don't know why I find this super creepy. Voting is a togetherness/relationship activity? No. It is not.
An appreciation of a sense of scale would be nice as well. A single vote is almost worthless given the number of people involved. It's like arguing about which bank deserves the change in your pocket. The decision isn't going to make anything significantly different. Turning it into some kind of relationship defining moment is nuts.

User avatar
Number 6
Posts: 3233
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:41

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Number 6 »

I think the idea is that a different vote implies very different values. The kind that can queer a relationship. Not saying that view is right-just that that's the thinking.
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 29330
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by thoreau »

Hugh Akston wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:49
I think it's less about Trump being a silver-tounged orator and more about Trump hurling low-blow insults during his long hypnotic diatribes. Responding to Trump requires discipline and dignity. Uncle Joe can't seem to field legitimate questions about his platform without calling the speaker a liar and challenging him to a pushup contest.
To be fair, getting down in the mud and yelling might be the way to take on a guy who became president by shouting at contestants on The Apprentice.
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 25401
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo »

dead_elvis wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:36
This is why I'm glad I was raised (well, in one aspect anyway) the way I was- politics was strictly private. I don't know what they shared between them, but my parents were very clear about it being no one else's business who you vote for, even within our family. It bugs the shit out of me when my wife gets a bee in her bonnet about knowing how I voted. I just can't imagine being in a relationship with someone like this woman.
I wonder if that American norm just made things worse rather than better. Like if everyone is silent, people just assume everyone agrees with you, so it feels odd when someone disagrees. But if you go your whole life hearing everyone’s kooky ass views all the time you just kinda accept that different people look at things differently and it’s less contentious overall.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 10343
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by nicole »

I mean, it seems like the writer is tying her own identity very closely to Elizabeth Warren and feels that her husband voted against her. And even if she weren't upset about her husband's vote, her grief at Warren's loss seems pretty overblown.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 10343
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by nicole »

Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:16
dead_elvis wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:36
This is why I'm glad I was raised (well, in one aspect anyway) the way I was- politics was strictly private. I don't know what they shared between them, but my parents were very clear about it being no one else's business who you vote for, even within our family. It bugs the shit out of me when my wife gets a bee in her bonnet about knowing how I voted. I just can't imagine being in a relationship with someone like this woman.
I wonder if that American norm just made things worse rather than better. Like if everyone is silent, people just assume everyone agrees with you, so it feels odd when someone disagrees. But if you go your whole life hearing everyone’s kooky ass views all the time you just kinda accept that different people look at things differently and it’s less contentious overall.
It does seem like that's at least some people's problem.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7981
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Shem »

I don't think we're going to wind up having debates this year. Trump is already trying to find ways to weasel out of them, and if Biden is the nominee, I suspect the Dems will let him.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 25401
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo »

Hugh Akston wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:49
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:22
Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 14:02
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:47
His handlers are going to keep him off of rope lines due to "coronavirus concerns"
That's fine for the time being. But after the conventions, Trump is going to start calling him out. If they let him on the same stage as Trump it'll be a blood bath.
Yes, how will Joe Biden ever be able to handle being on stage with such a silver tongued speaker like Donald Trump. Also, Biden’s hair plugs will look ridiculous when compared to Trump’s beautiful natural locks.
I think it's less about Trump being a silver-tounged orator and more about Trump hurling low-blow insults during his long hypnotic diatribes. Responding to Trump requires discipline and dignity. Uncle Joe can't seem to field legitimate questions about his platform without calling the speaker a liar and challenging him to a pushup contest.
But kooky Joe Biden the gaffe machine is already priced in. Everyone expects an Abe Simpson off so it’s not like Biden going off will particularly unsettle anyone. And I would pay cash money for a push up contest during the debates. I put the over-under for Trump at 3.5
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 19074
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Hugh Akston »

Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:21
Hugh Akston wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:49
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:22
Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 14:02
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:47
His handlers are going to keep him off of rope lines due to "coronavirus concerns"
That's fine for the time being. But after the conventions, Trump is going to start calling him out. If they let him on the same stage as Trump it'll be a blood bath.
Yes, how will Joe Biden ever be able to handle being on stage with such a silver tongued speaker like Donald Trump. Also, Biden’s hair plugs will look ridiculous when compared to Trump’s beautiful natural locks.
I think it's less about Trump being a silver-tounged orator and more about Trump hurling low-blow insults during his long hypnotic diatribes. Responding to Trump requires discipline and dignity. Uncle Joe can't seem to field legitimate questions about his platform without calling the speaker a liar and challenging him to a pushup contest.
But kooky Joe Biden the gaffe machine is already priced in. Everyone expects an Abe Simpson off so it’s not like Biden going off will particularly unsettle anyone. And I would pay cash money for a push up contest during the debates. I put the over-under for Trump at 3.5
Uh perhaps you're forgetting that Trump's doctor declared him in peak physical condition, and the healthiest president of this or any era.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28896
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren »

Hugh Akston wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:49
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:22
Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 14:02
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:47
His handlers are going to keep him off of rope lines due to "coronavirus concerns"
That's fine for the time being. But after the conventions, Trump is going to start calling him out. If they let him on the same stage as Trump it'll be a blood bath.
Yes, how will Joe Biden ever be able to handle being on stage with such a silver tongued speaker like Donald Trump. Also, Biden’s hair plugs will look ridiculous when compared to Trump’s beautiful natural locks.
I think it's less about Trump being a silver-tounged orator and more about Trump hurling low-blow insults during his long hypnotic diatribes. Responding to Trump requires discipline and dignity. Uncle Joe can't seem to field legitimate questions about his platform without calling the speaker a liar and challenging him to a pushup contest.
Trump was elected POTUS off his strength in the debates. Even after his Republican alsorans started taking him serious, they were still campaigning like they were statesmen. Even after he gutted the Rs on stage, Hillary couldn't adjust. It's not like his tongue has tarnished, nor his locks waxed more unnatural in the past four years.

American Electoral politics has been a matter of empty pandering and mud slinging since long before I've been around. Trump was the guy who realized that it had reached a point where it didn't matter how empty the pandering was, and that fantastical pandering always trumped plausible pandering, and when it came to the mud slinging, Jr. High Detention zingers was the butter zone. Say what you will about the man, Scott Adams was spot on re: Trump's rhetorical technique.

And it's not like the country has matured in their political inclinations either.

Hillary Clinton wasn't playing bean bag with Trump and he still got the better of her. If Sleepy Joe tries to go toe to toe with him, I'd put even money that in the aftermath his own people will smother him in his sleep prior to November to get the sympathy vote for his VP.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 19683
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Shem wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:20
I don't think we're going to wind up having debates this year. Trump is already trying to find ways to weasel out of them, and if Biden is the nominee, I suspect the Dems will let him.
I think Trump will want debates more than Biden and if Biden is smart he'll refuse any terms for the debates that Trump would accept.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 25401
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:44
Hugh Akston wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:49
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:22
Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 14:02
Mo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:47
His handlers are going to keep him off of rope lines due to "coronavirus concerns"
That's fine for the time being. But after the conventions, Trump is going to start calling him out. If they let him on the same stage as Trump it'll be a blood bath.
Yes, how will Joe Biden ever be able to handle being on stage with such a silver tongued speaker like Donald Trump. Also, Biden’s hair plugs will look ridiculous when compared to Trump’s beautiful natural locks.
I think it's less about Trump being a silver-tounged orator and more about Trump hurling low-blow insults during his long hypnotic diatribes. Responding to Trump requires discipline and dignity. Uncle Joe can't seem to field legitimate questions about his platform without calling the speaker a liar and challenging him to a pushup contest.
Trump was elected POTUS off his strength in the debates. Even after his Republican alsorans started taking him serious, they were still campaigning like they were statesmen. Even after he gutted the Rs on stage, Hillary couldn't adjust. It's not like his tongue has tarnished, nor his locks waxed more unnatural in the past four years.

American Electoral politics has been a matter of empty pandering and mud slinging since long before I've been around. Trump was the guy who realized that it had reached a point where it didn't matter how empty the pandering was, and that fantastical pandering always trumped plausible pandering, and when it came to the mud slinging, Jr. High Detention zingers was the butter zone. Say what you will about the man, Scott Adams was spot on re: Trump's rhetorical technique.

And it's not like the country has matured in their political inclinations either.

Hillary Clinton wasn't playing bean bag with Trump and he still got the better of her. If Sleepy Joe tries to go toe to toe with him, I'd put even money that in the aftermath his own people will smother him in his sleep prior to November to get the sympathy vote for his VP.
Jesus Warren that’s some delusional shit. Trump dropped in the polls after every debate against Hillary*. He was so bad during the primaries that he skipped one of them in a fit of pique.

This is why despite your protestations people say you’re in the tank for Trump, you make wild fact free assertions that all end up in the direction of, “Trump is awesome, everyone else sucks!” and your nicknames of his opponents mirror his same nicknames.

Also, the genius of Scott Adams is why Trump followed President 9-9-9

* First debate: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ts/503561/
Second debate (complicated because of Access Hollywood tape): https://time.com/4527825/poll-hillary-c ... st-debate/
Third debate: https://morningconsult.com/2016/10/21/c ... s-wallace/
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28896
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren »

Shem wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:20
I don't think we're going to wind up having debates this year. Trump is already trying to find ways to weasel out of them, and if Biden is the nominee, I suspect the Dems will let him.
Is he? Why I wonder.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7981
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Shem »

Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 20:39
Shem wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:20
I don't think we're going to wind up having debates this year. Trump is already trying to find ways to weasel out of them, and if Biden is the nominee, I suspect the Dems will let him.
Is he? Why I wonder.
Because you're literally the only person who isn't a regular poster on The Donald who thinks he did well in them last time.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28896
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren »

Shem wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 20:53
Warren wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 20:39
Shem wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 18:20
I don't think we're going to wind up having debates this year. Trump is already trying to find ways to weasel out of them, and if Biden is the nominee, I suspect the Dems will let him.
Is he? Why I wonder.
Because you're literally the only person who isn't a regular poster on The Donald who thinks he did well in them last time.
LOL You guys.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6955
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Andrew »

nicole wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:46
This is seriously funny
After we voted, I told him I was upset that the Democratic Party had not prioritized a woman and/or a person of color, and that he didn’t support a woman with a real shot at the nomination—a candidate he loved— when it mattered. He was understandably defensive. I wanted him to say he regretted his vote, and all he could truthfully say he regretted was that the country had made his choice for him long before he cast his ballot. I felt frustrated with him for giving up on the candidate we both loved before it was over, and frustrated with myself because trying to persuade him to vote for a female candidate made me feel at times as if I were asking him to use his vote for sympathy rather than strategy. I just wish voting for a progressive woman didn’t feel like a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so rare that it would cause me to silently fume at my own husband for making a different decision.

The heartbreak of watching Warren be punished for her ambition was familiar to me after the 2016 election, in which Hillary Clinton had suffered similar scrutiny. What is unfamiliar is the loneliness I feel in my grief, something I haven’t been able to share with the person closest to me, because of the different choices we made this time. Instead, I’m buoyed by group texts with my female friends who know how it feels to need the space and time to grieve the four coming years in which a woman will not be president. I only hope that the vote I just cast is not the rare chance it seemed, and that whoever the first progressive woman president is, my husband and I can vote for her together.
Really, it's his fault for marrying someone so awful.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 29330
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by thoreau »

Number 6 wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:11
thoreau wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:51
This is why we need time-traveling killer robots: To prevent Twitter from ever happening.
Can we assassinate Zuck while we're at it?
That will require a more advanced model built to hunt other robots. Maybe in the sequel.
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 14302
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Kolohe »

nicole wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 15:58
Haha yes

Still, tho, what kind of politician tries to get another, supposedly allied politician to do something by blasting it out in the media? Hasn’t this guy heard of a phone call?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 28896
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren »

Kolohe wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 23:37
nicole wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 15:58
Haha yes

Still, tho, what kind of politician tries to get another, supposedly allied politician to do something by blasting it out in the media? Hasn’t this guy heard of a phone call?
You think he hasn't made the call? It's politics. That's how it's played.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Post Reply