Dancing With the Dems

Ellie

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Ellie »

I was laughing so hard when I saw this. Is this real? How can this be real???

Anyway, I didn't think any Dem could propose more human-rights abuses than Trump but here we are
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

All I could say about the open office is it isn't as nightmarish as I imagined. It isn't good though.

Shem

Post by Shem »

JasonL wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 07:54
All I could say about the open office is it isn't as nightmarish as I imagined. It isn't good though.
It works fine if you have a job like coding where you can put on headphones and ignore what's going on around you. Not so much if you have to interact with people on anything approaching a private basis. The managers who are gung ho about it have either never had to work under it or have only done so as high-level workers who get a degree of regard that no other employee would ever receive.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

On the bright side, White House employees will surely be in great health because they won't be able to secretly sip large sodas.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Masked Grylliader wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 14:57
Castro has replaced President Butt for me as the candidate I like because he said something I respected one time, and then I tried not to find out anything else about him lest it ruin his appeal.
-Ellie
The appeal held until he dropped out and endorsed Elizabeth Warren. Now I can't even like him as an ex-candidate.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Like my car on the morning commute, I’m engaging in a bit of Butt warming.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen »

Assman is my man!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

If all the Democrats were standing in an alley, I'd shoot him last.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

In my head from now on, every time AOC opens her mouth I will edit in the fucking obnoxious baby talk people do with the baby yoda memes. Like, the whole GND should be read like that. No nukie ookie! Swoler sellsees. Every page ends with calls for nuggies.

Mo

Post by Mo »

The latest Monmouth poll.
07AAE8C0-56AE-45C5-9990-7977CDE7C8E5.gif
07AAE8C0-56AE-45C5-9990-7977CDE7C8E5.gif (222.58 KiB) Viewed 230 times
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Mo wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 18:10
The latest Monmouth poll.

07AAE8C0-56AE-45C5-9990-7977CDE7C8E5.gif
On the one hand...

On the other...

I mean, I'd be happy for the Butt to do well, but how exactly does it work that Biden is first on one and fifth—behind Yang!—on the other?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Mo

Post by Mo »

Because they’re measuring different things. One is net approval rating and one is who you would vote for. I might like Yang, but have him as my 3rd choice.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Ah.

JD

Post by JD »

I'm hearing noises that it might actually end up being Sanders. This may be partly my own biases, but I feel like Sanders would get destroyed in the general election.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I too think Sanders would get destroyed. It is a test of the foolishness of the donkeys. They should be trying to convey "we want more people to share in these prosperous times" but what they might wind up conveying is "these are the worst times ever to be alive and we will blow it all up".

Mo

Post by Mo »

I am loathe to say that he would get destroyed. Last person that I thought would get destroyed is residing in 1600 Pennsylvania right now.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Sanders is going to win the NH and VT primaries. 538 is now handicapping the nomination with Biden a 2 in 5 chance of winning, Sanders a 1 in 5 chance and the rest of the field as longshots.

Of course, turnout is key, but if Biden has a strong lead after Super Tuesday (March 3), I'd say it's all over.

JD

Post by JD »

Mo wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 09:37
I am loathe to say that he would get destroyed. Last person that I thought would get destroyed is residing in 1600 Pennsylvania right now.
I can't argue with that. I was wrong the last time too.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

JD wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 10:13
Mo wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 09:37
I can't argue with that. I was wrong the last time too.
November 2016 is the one and only time I made a prediction based on "Come on, the smarter heads will prevail."

And yet my cow-orkers think I need to give optimism a try.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition, er, Trump to win.

Mind you, I think Sanders would get crushed and Biden has only a slightly better chance of winning than Trump, but nobody who didn't take Trump seriously in 2016 is going to make that mistake again.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 10:31
nobody who didn't take Trump seriously in 2016 is going to make that mistake again.
I see you're unfamiliar with the Democratic party.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

JD wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 07:28
I'm hearing noises that it might actually end up being Sanders. This may be partly my own biases, but I feel like Sanders would get destroyed in the general election.
I submit that this is people trying to make a story and raise excitement for the race, even while Biden's holding the lead comfortably. Second place has been treated like the front-running spot in the media for months, even as Biden's lead has grown and he's demonstrated a strong appeal among groups that the Blues don't want to have stay home, again.

I don't like Sanders' and Warren's swing states polls against Trump. They might not get destroyed, but losing with a higher popular vote is still losing.

JD

Post by JD »

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

What insane level of vanity is required to run a campaign like his? He's not contesting the initial primaries, nor has he tried to enter the debates.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I think he thinks the existing candidate pool will cannibalize itself and he'll be a life preserver when they realize Trump will win again.