Dancing With the Dems

Jadagul

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Jadagul »

To be fair, it's a really low bar.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

One upside of all this crap: watching Harris stans lose their shit on twitter. :)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Warren wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 01:46
I actually heard one of the talking heads advance the theory that Biden's supporters are fine with him sleeping and playing with his oatmeal all through his term in office because his staff will do a better job of running things than DJT.
That's a lot of faith in a staff that hasn't been named yet.
IIRC some people said the same thing about Donald Trump.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Warren

Post by Warren »

Hugh Akston wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 09:14
Warren wrote:
I actually heard one of the talking heads advance the theory that Biden's supporters are fine with him sleeping and playing with his oatmeal all through his term in office because his staff will do a better job of running things than DJT.
Oh yeah? I remember Trump saying he would assemble the Avengers or something like that. But Trump was never going to be the guy who just let people get on with their job without countermanding them every other week just to show who's boss.
OTOH it's entirely believable that Biden's Secretary of State could conduct wars on two continents without Sleepy Joe even noticing he wasn't showing up for the weekly staff meetings where he played paper football with the Director of OMB.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Warren wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 09:31
Hugh Akston wrote:
Warren wrote:
Oh yeah? I remember Trump saying he would assemble the Avengers or something like that. But Trump was never going to be the guy who just let people get on with their job without countermanding them every other week just to show who's boss.
OTOH it's entirely believable that Biden's Secretary of State could conduct wars on two continents without Sleepy Joe even noticing he wasn't showing up for the weekly staff meetings where he played paper football with the Director of OMB.
There were definitely some moderate conservative #IguessTrumpers who argued along the lines of "Sure he's bombastic and gross, but his staff will keep him in line." Which, if gossip is to be believed, they have at the very least done an adequate job of constraining his more destructive outbursts.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Hugh Akston wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 09:45
Warren wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 09:31
Hugh Akston wrote:
Warren wrote:
There were definitely some moderate conservative #IguessTrumpers who argued along the lines of "Sure he's bombastic and gross, but his staff will keep him in line." Which, if gossip is to be believed, they have at the very least done an adequate job of constraining his more destructive outbursts.
So far. Maybe. Somewhat.

But Biden's a company man in a company town. He knows how the game is played, and I get no sense he'd even be as hands-on as Clinton or Carter.

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Biden already apologized for being hands-on and has promised not to do it again.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

thoreau wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 10:43
Biden already apologized for being hands-on and has promised not to do it again.
But keep your hand away from his mouth.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jake

Post by Jake »

Warren wrote:
It's likely to be true, though, as a burlap sack full of randomly selected syphilitic weasels would do a better job of running things than DJT.
"Facebook is like a locker room with all the players screaming at each other how much they have to win and then forgetting they have to take the field and actually play the gawddamn game." -- D.A. Ridgely

Mo

Post by Mo »

Biden-Booker
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Mo wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 08:28
Biden-Booker
Only gay man in the race.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Mo

Post by Mo »

Cornpop-T-Bone 2020
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Ask not for whom the bell tolls Uncle Joe, it tolls for thee.

Bonus:
"I'm not sedentary," Biden said, growing agitated. "You want to check my shape man, let's do pushups together here, man. Let's run. Let's do whatever you want to do. Let's take an IQ test. OK?"

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader »

I'm loving the Uncle Joe ad about, "Everybody's laughing about President Trump! He's losing his marbles! We need a super presidential president that everyone takes seriously! Vote JOE!"

Remember, remember

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

That is both very timely and incredibly tone-deaf.

Warren

Post by Warren »

This can't be real. I must be dreaming. Why can't I dream about a roaring fire, a bear rug, champagne, caviar, Christina Hendricks, and nothing else?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Warren wrote:This can't be real. I must be dreaming. Why can't I dream about a roaring fire, a bear rug, champagne, caviar, Christina Hendricks, and nothing else?
You can't handle people laughing at your favorite president?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren »

thoreau wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 12:54
Warren wrote:This can't be real. I must be dreaming. Why can't I dream about a roaring fire, a bear rug, champagne, caviar, Christina Hendricks, and nothing else?
You can't handle people laughing at your favorite president?
No I can't. But fortunately Calvin Coolidge doesn't come up much in conversation.

Joe Biden using the phrase "He's losing his marbles" in regards to someone else is too surreal.

Can you go 24 hours without having a whiny hissy-fit over the current president?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Can the current president go 24 hours without being a fucktard?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I mean we all live in Trump’s America, and nobody likes it. But we still manage to comport ourselves like adults rather than thirsty deluded teenagers throwing public tantrums and accusing people of plotting against us.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Eric the .5b wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 17:13
Can the current president go 24 hours without being a fucktard?
Does the timer start from the last time he was a fucktard or does it reset at midnight each day?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jake

Post by Jake »

Hugh Akston wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 18:31
I mean we all live in Trump’s America, and nobody likes it. But we still manage to comport ourselves like adults rather than thirsty deluded teenagers throwing public tantrums and accusing people of plotting against us.
Speak for yourself, you anti-Jake plotter!

**throws Xbox controller across room**
"Facebook is like a locker room with all the players screaming at each other how much they have to win and then forgetting they have to take the field and actually play the gawddamn game." -- D.A. Ridgely

Masked Grylliader

Post by Masked Grylliader »

@liz_franczak

biden is a walking corpse who will gut social security, Pete is the most obvious CIA asset in history, Warren lies about almost everything incl. but not limited to pretending to be another race (we still don’t talk about this enough)

lol literally why don’t you support Sanders
President Butt is a CIA asset? Is this a joke I'm not getting or what?

-Ellie
Remember, remember

Warren

Post by Warren »

Masked Grylliader wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 14:09
@liz_franczak

biden is a walking corpse who will gut social security, Pete is the most obvious CIA asset in history, Warren lies about almost everything incl. but not limited to pretending to be another race (we still don’t talk about this enough)

Because he's one of the Elders following the Protocols. duh
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

Masked Grylliader wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 14:09
@liz_franczak

President Butt is a CIA asset? Is this a joke I'm not getting or what?

-Ellie
I'm gonna mess up some details, but I think the deal is that he was a consultant for McKinsey, and we don't know what projects he worked on, so there's a bunch of speculation about whether he did projects consulting for the government in fucking with third-world countries?