Dancing With the Dems

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13937
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Eric the .5b » 25 Oct 2019, 18:16

I see it all over the place, myself. I'm just on the lookout for someone who might actually be "Latinx" using it
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7754
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Shem » 26 Oct 2019, 15:19

JD wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 11:55
But English is not a gendered language (at least not in this sense). It's only "common" in the sense that virtue-signaling like this is common in Gizmodoid communities. There are a bunch of other ways it could have been phrased, but Gizmodo chose to use that one despite the fact that none of the original source materials used it. It's virtue-signaling.
The blond gentleman in the corner would like a word. As would his fiancee.

Unless that's also "virtue signaling."
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 26 Oct 2019, 16:49

The whole trouble started when they took 'obey' out of the marriage vows.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17640
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by lunchstealer » 27 Oct 2019, 07:26

Yeah not Sphinx.

Le tinks are a different phenomenon.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24927
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo » 28 Oct 2019, 16:44

FFS, Latin and Hispanic both work. Neither look like a word you accidentally added to your autocorrect dictionary.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13937
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Eric the .5b » 01 Nov 2019, 20:20

Eric the .5b wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 18:16
I see it all over the place, myself. I'm just on the lookout for someone who might actually be "Latinx" using it
And this is why I haven't seen any such people, yet: almost nobody it might describe likes the term.. It's a complete invention of white people.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
JD
Posts: 11265
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by JD » 08 Nov 2019, 14:05

In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.

Image
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 08 Nov 2019, 14:13

JD wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:05
In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.

Image
Thanks :D
Though I don't feel I could really inhabit that slogan. I'm more of a 'Your plan can't work' kind of guy.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17640
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Nov 2019, 14:18

JD wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:05
In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.

Image
Y'know who else had a plan?

Image
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 08 Nov 2019, 14:19

All this has happened before. And will happen again.
In another four years.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28587
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by thoreau » 08 Nov 2019, 14:21

You think the Cylons had an actual plan?
OK Boomer.jpg
OK Boomer.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 182 times
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 18322
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Hugh Akston » 08 Nov 2019, 14:22

thoreau wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:21
You think the Cylons had an actual plan?

OK Boomer.jpg
I actually lolled at this one
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13937
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Nov 2019, 15:52

That was the perfect comeback.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6767
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Andrew » 08 Nov 2019, 18:25

lunchstealer wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:18
JD wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:05
In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.
Y'know who else had a plan?
Marshall?
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

User avatar
Jake
Posts: 2781
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:38

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Jake » 08 Nov 2019, 18:47

Andrew wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 18:25
lunchstealer wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:18
JD wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:05
In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.
Y'know who else had a plan?
Marshall?
Image
"Facebook is like a locker room with all the players screaming at each other how much they have to win and then forgetting they have to take the field and actually play the gawddamn game." -- D.A. Ridgely

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 08 Nov 2019, 19:29

Andrew wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 18:25
lunchstealer wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:18
JD wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:05
In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.
Y'know who else had a plan?
Marshall?
Seldon?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 16241
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Aresen » 08 Nov 2019, 23:16

Warren wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 19:29
Andrew wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 18:25
lunchstealer wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:18
JD wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 14:05
In the window of an apartment near me is a campaign sign that says "Warren has a plan for that!" Rarely have I seen a thing that so succinctly captures the difference in worldviews. Some people actually thought that was a good slogan. Whatever "that" is, Warren has a plan for it, and that is a good thing. Others of us feel like this pretty much summarizes the whole problem with politicians.

That said, I would love to get one of these for our Warren.
Y'know who else had a plan?
Marshall?
Seldon?
Warren wins 5 Asimovs
ImageImageImageImageImage
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
dead_elvis
Posts: 1297
Joined: 01 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by dead_elvis » 12 Nov 2019, 19:44

Hillary Clinton 'under enormous pressure' to run in 2020

lolwut. This has got to be someone's idea of a joke.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28587
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by thoreau » 12 Nov 2019, 19:51

A guy named Donaldik Trumpovski is offering donations to her campaign. So far none of the checks have cleared, but he swears that he'll pay if she just runs. He says he could make her run huge, the most amazing ever.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 28587
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by thoreau » 12 Nov 2019, 19:52

And Bill Clinton thinks it could be great. He keeps telling her that she needs to stay out of the house...I mean, get out of the house more.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 16241
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Aresen » 12 Nov 2019, 21:11

dead_elvis wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 19:44
Hillary Clinton 'under enormous pressure' to run in 2020

lolwut. This has got to be someone's idea of a joke.
Well, now she's following Trump's lead and getting involved in British Politics
It is "inexplicable and shameful" that the UK government has not yet published a report on alleged Russian interference in British politics, Hillary Clinton has told the BBC.

The report has formal security clearance, but it will not be released until after the 12 December election.

"Every person who votes in this country deserves to see that report before your election happens," the former US presidential candidate said.

No 10 denies it is suppressing it.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Taktix®
Posts: 8001
Joined: 07 May 2010, 05:29
Location: The Caribbean

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Taktix® » 12 Nov 2019, 22:34

Aresen wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 21:11
dead_elvis wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 19:44
Hillary Clinton 'under enormous pressure' to run in 2020

lolwut. This has got to be someone's idea of a joke.
Well, now she's following Trump's lead and getting involved in British Politics
It is "inexplicable and shameful" that the UK government has not yet published a report on alleged Russian interference in British politics, Hillary Clinton has told the BBC.

The report has formal security clearance, but it will not be released until after the 12 December election.

"Every person who votes in this country deserves to see that report before your election happens," the former US presidential candidate said.

No 10 denies it is suppressing it.
Dare I hope she's falling flat in an attempt to make her turn to post-politics punditry?

I would expect an uniquely unprincipled and raw opportunist such as Hillary to make a terrible pundit. And so far everytime she opens her mouth she helps Trump (that China helping Dems hypothetical, calling out Tulsi)...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests