Dancing With the Dems

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 24456
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by JasonL » 16 Oct 2019, 11:06

Ask what you can do for the gryll.

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 16114
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by dhex » 16 Oct 2019, 11:37

Do it for the healing vibration space lolz
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17640
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by lunchstealer » 16 Oct 2019, 12:44

What kinds of libertarians are y’all? Surely there could be some medium of exchange that could compensate JD for the suffering he’d incur and that the rest would be willing to part with in return for the lulz.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24927
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo » 16 Oct 2019, 18:17

Just consume some edibles before you go and you’ll have a blast. It’s like watching Troll 2, if you watch it seriously, it’s terrible, but if you go in knowing it will be weird and nonsensical you’ll have a fucking blast.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 16 Oct 2019, 19:07

lunchstealer wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 12:44
What kinds of libertarians are y’all? Surely there could be some medium of exchange that could compensate JD for the suffering he’d incur and that the rest would be willing to part with in return for the lulz.
Mo wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 18:17
Just consume some edibles before you go and you’ll have a blast. It’s like watching Troll 2, if you watch it seriously, it’s terrible, but if you go in knowing it will be weird and nonsensical you’ll have a fucking blast.
Let's KickStart JD's interstate commerce.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7984
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Pham Nuwen » 16 Oct 2019, 23:28

Just as we expect Mo to hang out with Scaramucci if given the chance, we expect you to go and report on the Williamson shindig. You must. Check the fine print on your gryll card. It's there.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7754
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Shem » 17 Oct 2019, 01:44

Guys. You're getting the SNL version of Williamson confused with the actual person. She's running the same con Oprah is (hopeful self-help for comfortable white women) while doing it in the most boring way imaginable. A grad school friend was obsessed, so I got dragged to an event. You can derive the exact same effect from watching the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" Not to go all "Santa isn't real," but it really isn't worth anyone's time.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 21:00

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Tuco » 17 Oct 2019, 06:58

Shem wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 01:44
Guys. You're getting the SNL version of Williamson confused with the actual person. She's running the same con Oprah is (hopeful self-help for comfortable white women) while doing it in the most boring way imaginable. A grad school friend was obsessed, so I got dragged to an event. You can derive the exact same effect from watching the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" Not to go all "Santa isn't real," but it really isn't worth anyone's time.
That's a buzzkill.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 17 Oct 2019, 10:48

Shem wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 01:44
Guys. You're getting the SNL version of Williamson confused with the actual person. She's running the same con Oprah is (hopeful self-help for comfortable white women) while doing it in the most boring way imaginable. A grad school friend was obsessed, so I got dragged to an event. You can derive the exact same effect from watching the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" Not to go all "Santa isn't real," but it really isn't worth anyone's time.
God I fucking hate that movie. Or more accurately, I hate the people that don't hate that movie.

Now I really want JD to go. Not just attend, but mingle and talk to the crowd.
Then come back and tell us all about it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
JD
Posts: 11265
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by JD » 17 Oct 2019, 12:07

I might be willing to do it if you guys do the whole fund-the-interstate-commerce thing. There is also the slight possibility it would irritate me so bad I'd end up yelling at Williamson or her people and getting arrested for causing a scene.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24927
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo » 17 Oct 2019, 13:28

I would throw in 20 for the “buy JD an 8th to meet Marianne Williamson fund”.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 16241
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Aresen » 17 Oct 2019, 13:48

Mo wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 13:28
I would throw in 20 for the “buy JD an 8th to meet Marianne Williamson fund”.
420 on that.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 17 Oct 2019, 15:40

JD wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 12:07
I might be willing to do it if you guys do the whole fund-the-interstate-commerce thing. There is also the slight possibility it would irritate me so bad I'd end up yelling at Williamson or her people and getting arrested for causing a scene.
SOLD!

I'm in for tree fiddy.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 19135
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 17 Oct 2019, 15:43

This is giving new depth and meaning to the phrase "interstate commerce."

User avatar
Jake
Posts: 2781
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:38

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Jake » 17 Oct 2019, 17:05

Another $20 here. How much does this sort of thing cost out that way, anyhow?
"Facebook is like a locker room with all the players screaming at each other how much they have to win and then forgetting they have to take the field and actually play the gawddamn game." -- D.A. Ridgely

User avatar
Shem
Posts: 7754
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 00:27

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Shem » 17 Oct 2019, 19:07

If the NSA Crawler Bot is watching, it behooves us to note that we're discussing buying our friend a pipe full of rich and fully legal North Carolina tobacco.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17640
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by lunchstealer » 17 Oct 2019, 19:16

Shem wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 19:07
If the NSA Crawler Bot is watching, it behooves us to note that we're discussing buying our friend a pipe full of rich and fully legal North Carolina tobacco.
Yeah none of that Turkish shit for our boy. We're loyal Americans who support our Kurdish allies for as long as they live. So for about two more years, at least in northern Syria.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 19135
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 17 Oct 2019, 19:26

Yeah, I don't think the NSA cares much about drugs at this point, except maybe as an occasional seller. I was staring at a FB post earlier today literally drawing attention to Trump being in Dallas and recalling JFK's assassination -- and, btw, NSA, no one here actually wants, let alone is contemplating any such thing! -- and I was dumbstruck at how stupid that was and how oblivious they were to how stupid that was. I'm sure when the FBI rousts them at 4 in the morning with a SWAT team, they'll have learned their lesson, but talk about being dumb in a No-Dumb Zone! Geez!

User avatar
JD
Posts: 11265
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by JD » 17 Oct 2019, 19:52

Jake wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 17:05
Another $20 here. How much does this sort of thing cost out that way, anyhow?
I am so square I have no idea. And unfortunately Craigslist seems to have done an excellent job lately of rousting out the people who used to spam it up with drugs.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 17 Oct 2019, 21:35

JD wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 19:52
Jake wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 17:05
Another $20 here. How much does this sort of thing cost out that way, anyhow?
I am so square I have no idea. And unfortunately Craigslist seems to have done an excellent job lately of rousting out the people who used to spam it up with drugs.
WTF? Isn't there a street corner on your block?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 302
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 21:00

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Tuco » 18 Oct 2019, 06:14

I'll kick in some dinero.

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 16114
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by dhex » 18 Oct 2019, 06:26

An nyc 8th is usually 50. Usually about 3 gs.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24927
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Mo » 18 Oct 2019, 09:08

dhex wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 06:26
An nyc 8th is usually 50. Usually about 3 gs.
That's what I recall, but I didn't want to pipe up because I figure my info is way out of date.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27668
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Warren » 18 Oct 2019, 11:08

dhex wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 06:26
An nyc 8th is ... Usually about 3 gs.
You don't say.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
JD
Posts: 11265
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by JD » 18 Oct 2019, 11:50

Warren wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 21:35
JD wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 19:52
Jake wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 17:05
Another $20 here. How much does this sort of thing cost out that way, anyhow?
I am so square I have no idea. And unfortunately Craigslist seems to have done an excellent job lately of rousting out the people who used to spam it up with drugs.
WTF? Isn't there a street corner on your block?
Is that how you think drug deals go down around here, Grandpa? Somebody rides up to the street corner on his horse and says, "Ahoy! How much for a dram of your finest laudanum, sir?"?
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests