Shem

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Shem »

Kolohe wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 23:37
nicole wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 15:58
Haha yes

Still, tho, what kind of politician tries to get another, supposedly allied politician to do something by blasting it out in the media? Hasn’t this guy heard of a phone call?
This is the guy who didn't even bother to ask the most important Democrat in South Carolina for a meeting before one of the most important primaries on the calendar.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I can’t seem to learn the lesson that the internet isn’t the real world. Bernies flameout at this stage is pretty shocking to me. Every single donkey I know who expressed political views was a Bernie supporter. This kind of beat down isn’t “the DNC stopped what people want”, it’s just at least for this cycle a repudiation of the progressive wing as viable candidates.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

JasonL wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 07:22
I can’t seem to learn the lesson that the internet isn’t the real world. Bernies flameout at this stage is pretty shocking to me. Every single donkey I know who expressed political views was a Bernie supporter. This kind of beat down isn’t “the DNC stopped what people want”, it’s just at least for this cycle a repudiation of the progressive wing as viable candidates.
For me it's less the internet part and more that all the real life Team Blue people I know aren't representative. Everyone I know on that side was either strongly pro-Bernie or at least willing to accept him. No one wanted Biden.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Seriously! Zero people! My donkey sphere is mostly 30 somethings of mixed education and employment plus my sister and her friends plus an online space that was invaded by very active Bernie people over the past several months.

nicole

Post by nicole »

JasonL wrote:
Ehhhhh I mean I wouldn’t say “the DNC stopped what people want” and it’s obvious that a portion of Bernie’s 2016 support was an anti-Hillary vote, but it does seem like Biden won thanks to votes from groups that are interested in backing an establishment politician who will have the full power and backing of the party.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

JasonL wrote:
I can’t seem to learn the lesson that the internet isn’t the real world.
I think that's half of it. The other half is understanding that the MSM isn't real either. The blue journalos were pushing hard for progressivism.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JD

Post by JD »

The Bernie bros must be losing their shit over this one. Talk about feeding their "we wuz robbed" attitude:
Clyburn calls for Democrats to 'shut this primary down' if Biden has big night
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Mo

Post by Mo »

Odd. I know lots of Warren supporters, lots of Mayor Pete supporters and even a Kamala Stan. I may know one person who had Bernie as their first choice. This is probably age and SES related. The thing is Bernie’s plan from day 1 was to win a plurality with 30% of the vote in a fractured field and force his way in. When the field unfractured, there was no Plan B to consolidate and win people over so he ended up at ... 30% in a two person race.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

I know a lot of Warren supporters (unsurprisingly, since I know a lot of white college-educated people), and a lot of Bernie supporters (also unsurprisingly, since a lot of my friends are under 30).

But I don't know whether I know any Buttigieg or Biden supporters because I try to avoid discussing politics with the vast majority of people I know. Far too easy for things to get touchy.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Mo wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 17:51
Odd. I know lots of Warren supporters, lots of Mayor Pete supporters and even a Kamala Stan. I may know one person who had Bernie as their first choice. This is probably age and SES related. The thing is Bernie’s plan from day 1 was to win a plurality with 30% of the vote in a fractured field and force his way in. When the field unfractured, there was no Plan B to consolidate and win people over so he ended up at ... 30% in a two person race.
Don't you understand? He's the young-and-didn't-bother-voting-people's-choice! The only guy who can beat Trump, despite his not being able to beat Biden! The only one who will change anything at all in the US government! The only righteous man!

(I have run into some Sander stans, including one nice acquaintance who retweets seemingly all of them. They're tiring, and while a month ago, I would have said sure, I'd totally vote for Sanders if he were the nominee, I'm just utterly done with him and his followers, now.)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Most of the younger people I know online who aren't libertarians are/were Sanders fans. Especially among comedians. Yeah, that's right, the reason you're poor isn't that you're driving around doing open mics in hopes of getting enough traction to start getting paid instead of pursuing a career you might actually be any good at, it's because The Man is holding you down and wants to keep you poor so you can't afford any of the goods or services The Man gets rich by selling to something, something, health care, Sanders.

Mo

Post by Mo »

The greatest irony of the Sanders campaign is that, more than any campaign other than Bloomberg, it operated under the assumption that money won elections. Turns out money alone doesn’t.
Last edited by Mo on 12 Mar 2020, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul »

Yglesias has had a great deal of fun tweeting about how Joe Biden's working-class coalition has overcome the overwhelming financial advantage that Bernie Sanders deployed.

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Ha. And yet nobody will learn anything. You can’t be a donkey and abandon Money = Brainwashing.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

Sanders is too pussy to debate.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

He actually got angry. There you go.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dbcooper