Dancing With the Dems

Aresen

Re: Dancing With the Dems

Post by Aresen »

I suppose I am not the only person who would cheer if an airforce bomber would accidentally drop a load of napalm bombs on Kissinger when he's in the middle of a forest.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Hugh Akston wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 16:20
Man fuck that guy
x2
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Stay classy Limbaugh
On his radio show which is nationally syndicated to millions of listeners, Mr Limbaugh on Wednesday imagined Demcorats' deliberations over who to vote for.

He said: "They're saying, 'OK, how's this going to look? Thirty-seven-year-old gay guy kissing his husband on stage, next to Mr Man, Donald Trump.'"
Uh, is there anyone who considers Donald Trump particularly masculine?
In Iowa's caucuses last week one voter asked to rescind her ballot for Mr Buttigieg after learning he was gay.

"I don't want anybody like that in the White House," she said. "So, can I have my card back?"
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 13:49
Stay classy Limbaugh
On his radio show which is nationally syndicated to millions of listeners, Mr Limbaugh on Wednesday imagined Demcorats' deliberations over who to vote for.

He said: "They're saying, 'OK, how's this going to look? Thirty-seven-year-old gay guy kissing his husband on stage, next to Mr Man, Donald Trump.'"
Some do, in a Matthew Brady kind of a way.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Aresen wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:13
Hugh Akston wrote:
Stay classy Limbaugh

I assume he's the doughy crybaby cousin with no muscle tone, ill-fitting clothes, and perpetually clammy orange skin they brought in when the Brady Bunch's ratings started to flag?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:30
Aresen wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:
Stay classy Limbaugh

I assume he's the doughy crybaby cousin with no muscle tone, ill-fitting clothes, and perpetually clammy orange skin they brought in when the Brady Bunch's ratings started to flag?
No, Matthew Harrison Brady from Inherit The Wind.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Aresen wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:43
Hugh Akston wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:30
Aresen wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:
Stay classy Limbaugh

No, Matthew Harrison Brady from Inherit The Wind.

"Fuckable when you're repeatedly assured that he has lots of money. "
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren

Post by Warren »

She can be VP. Fine with me.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 14:55
With Bloomberg as Pres? AYFKM?

Even if you wanted Bloomberg, how do you think his life insurance broker would feel?

Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 16:38
Warren wrote:

Even if you wanted Bloomberg, how do you think his life insurance broker would feel?
Having Hillary as VP would be the best life insurance he could have.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 17:11
Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:

Depends what direction you think the threat is coming from.

Warren

Post by Warren »

VP Hillary is no threat to anybody.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Warren wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 17:35
VP Hillary is no threat to anybody.
She doesn't strike me as someone who would do well in the sort of just-stand-there-and-smile-but-don't-do-anything position that is the VP.

If she were VP she would expect to be pulling levers of power. She's proven that she's incapable of just fitting in in the background.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Warren wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 17:11
Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:

Or the Clintons will just add one more to their body count ...
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

I will never understand where the Clinton body count theories come from.
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Vince Foster suicide right when a lot of the inititial Clinton investigations were ongoing and hitting their 2nd phase.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Kolohe wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 23:04
Vince Foster suicide right when a lot of the inititial Clinton investigations were ongoing and hitting their 2nd phase.
True, but I think people were already primed to believe that. Hillary Clinton has a lot of flaws, but she's not a criminal mastermind. Nonetheless, a lot of people have had an image of her as something much more devious than she really is. She's just an arrogant and somewhat talented technocratic liberal.
"There are so few people at the Federal Mall it's almost as empty as it was at Trump's inauguration."
--D.A. Ridgely

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

I do not think of Clinton as a Borgia (despite my jokes). More of a behind the scenes manipulator. It's my figurative, not my literal, back that I'd watch.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

thoreau wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 23:56
Kolohe wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 23:04
True, but I think people were already primed to believe that. Hillary Clinton has a lot of flaws, but she's not a criminal mastermind. Nonetheless, a lot of people have had an image of her as something much more devious than she really is. She's just an arrogant and somewhat talented technocratic liberal.
I wouldn't entirely eliminate the possibility that she and her husband played some part in the permanent elimination of some inconvenient people along their way, but that's not to say that on balance I actually think they did. The problem is that, like many other successful career politicians, they're essentially amoral sociopaths, so you can't positively say there's a line they wouldn't under any circumstances cross.

This, btw, is increasingly my take on Buttigieg. Yond Pete has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

I don’t understand the Butt critique that has him more Machiavellian or power grabby or sociopathic than median politicians. Even Bernie- dude wants to reform the most successful economy in human history in his own image. That takes a certain view of ones own powers.

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

JasonL wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 08:50
I don’t understand the Butt critique that has him more Machiavellian or power grabby or sociopathic than median politicians. Even Bernie- dude wants to reform the most successful economy in human history in his own image. That takes a certain view of ones own powers.
There's also the part where that critique comes alongside "he was only the mayor of South Bend, he's never been in charge of a lot of people, he'd be weak and ineffectual." Okay if that's true what do you care how devious he is? Maybe he's secretly the entire libertarian party and that explains why he can simultaneously be nonexistent and way too powerful.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

JasonL wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 08:50
I'm not saying he's the only wolf in sheep's clothing, but a FB friend whom I have no reason to disbelieve went to secondary school with him and describes him as having stated ambitions and, more to the point, striving for high political office as early as middle school. Grind to get into Harvard, get the Rhodes Scholarship, be a campus politico, do a stint in a not too dangerous military specialty, network after credential building with Wall Street in lieu of going to, say, Yale Law School, then start working on and running for office.

Yeah, Sanders has pretty much been a lifelong political activist on the far left, but he didn't even run for mayor until he was nearly 40, then a decade later ran for Congress and roughly a decade later for the Senate. He's no doubt a true believer in his ideology; I'm not sure the same thing could be said about Buttigieg or Bill Clinton.

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

I don't know if he's sociopathic or whatever, but it takes a hell of a lot of confidence to run for President after serving as mayor of a pretty small city. I get why Julian Castro would run after serving as mayor of a mid-size city, since he was also a Cabinet Secretary. I get why Bloomberg would run after serving as mayor of America's largest city, as the administrative complexity, security issues, and international ties are substantial. Say what you will about the very different stances and track records of Castro and Bloomberg, but their resumes are certainly reasonable for aspiring Presidents.

Mayor Pete built the pre-politics resume of a plausible politician, ran for an entry-level job, then decided it's time to go to the top. WTF?
--D.A. Ridgely

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Exactly. Not even Clinton or Obama had those sort of stones. Arguably, not unlike Trump, he threw his hat in the ring for the exposure. Sure he's made some enemies, but most of them will be dead by the time he's in his political prime. He can take a shot at governor or even at the Senate in a few years, mend some fences with minorities along the way and take another shot ten or twenty years down the road.