The Right Way to View Competing Political Horrors

Eric the .5b

Re: The Right Way to View Competing Political Horrors

Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Jul 2019, 05:57

Well, let's consider all the brilliant people he's gotten for every other White House position
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 Jul 2019, 07:21

Warren wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 23:54
thoreau wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 22:47
Again, even if we grant the most charitable interpretation of the airport remark, there's still the references to the War of 1812 in the midst of a Revolutionary War discussion. His speechwriters are fucking stupid.

But, for Warren's sake, we'll just assume that the Don himself is acting on a cunning plan.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I can believe The Donald is that stupid, but his speechwriters? I dunno. I wouldn't think so, but the people around him are chosen for their brownnosing enthusiasm. So maybe? Do we even know who his speechwriters are?
Stephen Miller is the head of speechwriting, so yes, they are stupid.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 Jul 2019, 17:10

Remember when Trump said he was going to hire "the best people?" And his fans believed him? *snicker*
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Yesterday, 16:24

Even after the vile racism of Trump's latest rally turning into an anti-Omar rally, complete with chants of "send her back!," Republicans can't bring themselves to condemn Trump's comments without whatabouting Democrats.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -back.html
There’s a pattern here: Admit that it’s not great that a frenzied crowd of white people is demanding that a black U.S. citizen and democratically elected congresswoman be “sent back” to Africa, but then make sure to say that she and her three high-profile colleagues have also “disgusted” you because they don’t “appreciate” or “respect” the United States, an accusation for which you don’t/can’t cite any particular things they’ve actually done because the allegations of anti-Americanism leveled against Omar are strained out-of-context smears and the ones against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib aren’t based on anything at all except the fact that they’re liberal women who aren’t white. Such a lack of patriotism on their part, being born like that!
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » Yesterday, 20:13

Jennifer wrote:
Yesterday, 16:24
Even after the vile racism of Trump's latest rally turning into an anti-Omar rally, complete with chants of "send her back!," Republicans can't bring themselves to condemn Trump's comments without whatabouting Democrats.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -back.html
There’s a pattern here: Admit that it’s not great that a frenzied crowd of white people is demanding that a black U.S. citizen and democratically elected congresswoman be “sent back” to Africa, but then make sure to say that she and her three high-profile colleagues have also “disgusted” you because they don’t “appreciate” or “respect” the United States, an accusation for which you don’t/can’t cite any particular things they’ve actually done because the allegations of anti-Americanism leveled against Omar are strained out-of-context smears and the ones against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib aren’t based on anything at all except the fact that they’re liberal women who aren’t white. Such a lack of patriotism on their part, being born like that!
While I always thought there remained a core group of bigots in the USA, I deluded myself that no national politician would dare openly pander to them.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » Yesterday, 20:39

Nonsense, Aresen. Both parties are exactly identical in all ways.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Yesterday, 21:33

From the Toronto Star: