Antivaxxers

Mo

Re: Antivaxxers

Post by Mo » 24 Feb 2019, 15:46

YLSNED. I don’t pay attention to what vaccines my kids get aside from, “Give them all the recommended ones.”
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 24 Feb 2019, 17:26

A lot of colleges specifically require the meningitis vaccine. I think that they mostly give that one to young adults and not to small children.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 24 Feb 2019, 19:47

Mo wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 15:46
YLSNED. I don’t pay attention to what vaccines my kids get aside from, “Give them all the recommended ones.”
All at once, so I don't have to make more than one trip:

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 25 Feb 2019, 11:05

Aresen wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 19:47
Mo wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 15:46
All at once, so I don't have to make more than one trip:

It wasn't all in one syringe. But we "ran the gauntlet" in boot camp. Seven injections total IIRC, six air guns and one guy with a stack of syringes.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 28 Feb 2019, 16:07

OHOTI:
"But it's my body!!!" Yeah, and it can sit in quarantine as long as you like, Karen, you walking smallpox blanket.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 06 Mar 2019, 09:12

Not now chief. I'm in the fucking zone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wi ... ym-n979436
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

JD

Post by JD » 06 Mar 2019, 11:28

The other day I was on the train, and I saw an anti-vaccine business card that somebody had stuck up in one of the advertising frames. It was the usual bullshit - vaccines contain toxins, they cause autism, etc. I tore that shit down, because anti-vaccine advocacy is basically the moral equivalent of reckless endangerment.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Warren

Post by Warren » 06 Mar 2019, 11:36

Pham Nuwen wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 09:12

The fool! Doesn't he know the hazards of weight training? If only more people would master their own body weight.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Mar 2019, 11:45

Warren wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 11:36
Pham Nuwen wrote:

The fool! Doesn't he know the hazards of weight training? If only more people would master their own body weight.
Well done, Warren. Well done.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 06 Mar 2019, 20:58

Pham Nuwen wrote:

Mens sana in corpore sano
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 Mar 2019, 02:02

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) strongly opposes federal interference in medical decisions, including mandated vaccines. After being fully informed of the risks and benefits of a medical procedure, patients have the right to reject or accept that procedure. The regulation of medical practice is a state function, not a federal one. Governmental preemption of patients’ or parents’ decisions about accepting drugs or other medical interventions is a serious intrusion into individual liberty, autonomy, and parental decisions about child-rearing.

A public health threat is the rationale for the policy on mandatory vaccines. But how much of a threat is required to justify forcing people to accept government-imposed risks? Regulators may intervene to protect the public against a one-in-one million risk of a threat such as cancer from an involuntary exposure to a toxin, or-one-in 100,000 risk from a voluntary (e.g. occupational) exposure. What is the risk of death, cancer, or crippling complication from a vaccine? There are no rigorous safety studies of sufficient power to rule out a much lower risk of complications, even one in 10,000, for vaccines. Such studies would require an adequate number of subjects, a long duration (years, not days), an unvaccinated control group (“placebo” must be truly inactive such as saline, not the adjuvant or everything-but-the-intended-antigen), and consideration of all adverse health events (including neurodevelopment disorders).

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 07 Mar 2019, 02:09

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associati ... d_Surgeons
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association founded in 1943. It is opposed to the Affordable Care Act and other forms of socialized medicine.[1][2] The group was reported to have about 4,000 members in 2005, and 5,000 in 2014.[3][4][5] The executive director is Jane Orient, an internist and a member of the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine. AAPS also publishes the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (formerly known as the Medical Sentinel).

The association is generally recognized as politically conservative or ultra-conservative, and its publication advocates a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

nicole

Post by nicole » 07 Mar 2019, 06:14

Thanks for expanding Hugh’s link for folks who wouldn’t have clicked through.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Mar 2019, 06:43

Hugh Akston wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 02:02
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) strongly opposes federal interference in medical decisions, including mandated vaccines. After being fully informed of the risks and benefits of a medical procedure, patients have the right to reject or accept that procedure. The regulation of medical practice is a state function, not a federal one. Governmental preemption of patients’ or parents’ decisions about accepting drugs or other medical interventions is a serious intrusion into individual liberty, autonomy, and parental decisions about child-rearing.

A public health threat is the rationale for the policy on mandatory vaccines. But how much of a threat is required to justify forcing people to accept government-imposed risks? Regulators may intervene to protect the public against a one-in-one million risk of a threat such as cancer from an involuntary exposure to a toxin, or-one-in 100,000 risk from a voluntary (e.g. occupational) exposure. What is the risk of death, cancer, or crippling complication from a vaccine? There are no rigorous safety studies of sufficient power to rule out a much lower risk of complications, even one in 10,000, for vaccines. Such studies would require an adequate number of subjects, a long duration (years, not days), an unvaccinated control group (“placebo” must be truly inactive such as saline, not the adjuvant or everything-but-the-intended-antigen), and consideration of all adverse health events (including neurodevelopment disorders).
Yeah, how the fuck are we supposed to know that vaccines work, what with the brisk business iron lung salesmen have for polio patients and you can't walk by a single orphanage without running into at least two smallpox stricken children.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 12 Mar 2019, 23:35

Six year old OR boy spends 3 1/2 months and $800k recovering from an easily-prevented case of tetanus
The child had to be sedated. A tracheostomy was performed so that he could be put on a mechanical ventilator to help him breath. He remained on the ventilator for more than five weeks. Because of the pain caused by the spasms, he required muscle relaxants as well as drugs to stabilize his blood pressure in addition to the medications to counter the tetanus toxins.
Good thing his parents didn't endanger their child by vaccinating him.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 12 Mar 2019, 23:58

Hugh Akston wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 23:35
Six year old OR boy spends 3 1/2 months and $800k recovering from an easily-prevented case of tetanus
The child had to be sedated. A tracheostomy was performed so that he could be put on a mechanical ventilator to help him breath. He remained on the ventilator for more than five weeks. Because of the pain caused by the spasms, he required muscle relaxants as well as drugs to stabilize his blood pressure in addition to the medications to counter the tetanus toxins.
$811K in medical bills. And, if I read the story correctly, they are STILL refusing to vaccinate their kid.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 13 Mar 2019, 00:21

Aresen wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 23:58
Hugh Akston wrote:
$811K in medical bills. And, if I read the story correctly, they are STILL refusing to vaccinate their kid.
If you can think of a good reason for them to vaccinate, I'd sure like to hear it.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Mar 2019, 00:38

Hugh Akston wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 00:21
Aresen wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 23:58
Hugh Akston wrote:
If you can think of a good reason for them to vaccinate, I'd sure like to hear it.
WTF?

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 13 Mar 2019, 01:40

I think he's joking.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Shem

Post by Shem » 13 Mar 2019, 02:14

"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 19 Mar 2019, 11:36

Just when you couldn't dislike anti-vaxxers more:

Her son died. And then anti-vaxers attacked her
Not long ago, a 4-year-old boy died of the flu. His mother, under doctor's orders, watched his two little brothers like a hawk, terrified they might get sick and die, too.

Grieving and frightened, just days after her son's death she checked her Facebook page hoping to read messages of comfort from family and friends.
Instead, she found dozens of hateful comments: You're a terrible mother. You killed your child. You deserved what happened to your son. This is all fake - your child doesn't exist.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 19 Mar 2019, 12:18

Jfc. I hate these people.

Warren

Post by Warren » 19 Mar 2019, 15:18

One of those days small.jpg
One of those days small.jpg (198.1 KiB) Viewed 946 times
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 20 Mar 2019, 18:25

WTF, all of his kids were born after the vaccine was commercialized.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-hea ... ox-n985551

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 20 Mar 2019, 19:34

Mo wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 18:25
WTF, all of his kids were born after the vaccine was commercialized.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-hea ... ox-n985551
I'm sure the children will bless him when they develop shingles in 50 years or so.