If You're So Smart, How Come You're a Phone?

D.A. Ridgely

If You're So Smart, How Come You're a Phone?

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 19 Jul 2018, 15:09

Time to upgrade from my increasingly erratic Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge. So, any thoughts on Galaxy 9 versus iPhone X?

My preliminary thoughts are that my previous iPhone was much more intuitive and especially better at storing and playing music. The new iPhone comes with an option for more memory, which the Samsung does not. It would be nice to store more of my music library on my phone.

OTOH, I have bought a number of apps and programs over the past several years and as far as I can tell I'd have to repurchase them for the iPhone. That would suck, as would transferring data. Both Android and Apple claim to be able to transfer data easily, but it wasn't all that easy the last time around.

So, what say any of you?

lunchstealer

Re: If You're So Smart, How Come You're a Phone?

Post by lunchstealer » 19 Jul 2018, 15:35

D.A. Ridgely wrote:Time to upgrade from my increasingly erratic Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge. So, any thoughts on Galaxy 9 versus iPhone X?

My preliminary thoughts are that my previous iPhone was much more intuitive and especially better at storing and playing music. The new iPhone comes with an option for more memory, which the Samsung does not. It would be nice to store more of my music library on my phone.

OTOH, I have bought a number of apps and programs over the past several years and as far as I can tell I'd have to repurchase them for the iPhone. That would suck, as would transferring data. Both Android and Apple claim to be able to transfer data easily, but it wasn't all that easy the last time around.

So, what say any of you?
I switched from an S4 to an iPhone 7 a couple years back, after having been on Android for two phones after my iPhone 3G. There was a relearning curve and I did miss some features from Android. The back button on Android is sooooooooo much more consistent than the myriad software-implemented back buttons. Especially since the Android one usually works between apps.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Mo

Post by Mo » 19 Jul 2018, 17:09

I like my iPhone X, but the screen appears to made out of the softest glass ever. It scratches pretty easily.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Shem

Post by Shem » 19 Jul 2018, 18:06

I'm upgrading to a Pixel 3 when it comes out in October.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 19 Jul 2018, 18:08

I have been happy with my old Moto G enough that I will be upgrading to the newest Moto G soon. I don't really know what the purpose of the really high end cell phones is.