Oh, Canada

Post Reply
User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Oh, Canada

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 08 Jun 2018, 16:19

Canada must be, like obsessed with us. They keep doing what we do.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/08/61829595 ... um=twitter

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23960
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Warren » 08 Jun 2018, 17:14

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 16:19
Canada must be, like obsessed with us. They keep doing what we do.
You just noticed that?
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14174
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Aresen » 08 Jun 2018, 23:44

We are guaranteed to be the second feature inJohn Oliver clips for the next four years.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14174
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Aresen » 29 Jun 2018, 10:36

Putin doesn't like us either. Did the Cheeto give Vlad a call?

Russia rips Canada’s ‘high-handedness’ in legalizing recreational marijuana
Russia is not happy with Canada for legalizing recreational marijuana.

Moscow issued a stern warning to Ottawa over the impending cannabis legalization on Oct. 17, saying Canada “deliberately decided to breach” international law.

“We expect Canada’s partners in the G7 to respond to its ‘high-handedness’ because this alliance has repeatedly declared its adherence to the domination of international law in relations between states,” Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11119
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Ellie » 29 Jun 2018, 11:11

"high" handedness hur hur hur
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

User avatar
tr0g
Posts: 6630
Joined: 11 May 2011, 10:21
Location: At the shop

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by tr0g » 29 Jun 2018, 11:22

Yeah, this is a subject that comes up occasionally among wonk potheads. As a signatory to the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs as amended by further treaty, you're not supposed to legalize pot at the national level. I mean, we're the US and more than willing to tell the UN to go piss up a rope if we feel like it. I kind of thought Canadiastan was more polite about those things.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14174
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Aresen » 29 Jun 2018, 11:24

tr0g wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 11:22
Yeah, this is a subject that comes up occasionally among wonk potheads. As a signatory to the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs as amended by further treaty, you're not supposed to legalize pot at the national level. I mean, we're the US and more than willing to tell the UN to go piss up a rope if we feel like it. I kind of thought Canadiastan was more polite about those things.
Passive aggressive is the way to go.

BTW, it's 'Canuckistan'.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 23960
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by Warren » 29 Jun 2018, 11:35

The US drives pot prohibition globally. Either crack down on your exports or we'll crack down on you.
It's a little different with Canada, we've always been good neighbors. It troubles me deeply that we've started feuding. Things are still pretty good international border wise. But I'd really like to get back on friendlier terms. At any rate, pot isn't the thorn it was ten years ago.
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15725
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by lunchstealer » 29 Jun 2018, 12:06

We could always just point out that pot isn't a narcotic except by dipshit drug-warrior everything's-a-narcotic-because-narcotic-sounds-scary colloquialism.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15725
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by lunchstealer » 29 Jun 2018, 12:06

Aresen wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 11:24
tr0g wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 11:22
Yeah, this is a subject that comes up occasionally among wonk potheads. As a signatory to the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs as amended by further treaty, you're not supposed to legalize pot at the national level. I mean, we're the US and more than willing to tell the UN to go piss up a rope if we feel like it. I kind of thought Canadiastan was more polite about those things.
Passive aggressive is the way to go.

BTW, it's 'Canuckistan'.
I thought it was still Outer Candolia
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 25923
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Oh, Canada

Post by thoreau » 05 Jul 2018, 18:30

So apparently Justin Trudeau looked like this in 2000.
Trudeau-in-creston.jpg
Trudeau-in-creston.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 159 times
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests