No touching! - sexual impropriety thread

Warren

Re: No touching! - sexual impropriety thread

Post by Warren » 14 Dec 2017, 11:16

Sandy wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 10:46
the innominate one wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 18:24
In response to the line of discussion last articulated by Highway, lunchstealer and Dangerman:

I can't find it online, but this reminds me of the SNL sketch about proper office conduct where they were doing a Goofus and Gallant type comparison between Chris Parnell and some super handsome guest of the week. Polite requests to have lunch by Chris' nerdy character were deemed inappropriate and resulted in calls to HR. The super handsome guy acting identically or even squeezing a boob at one point received a radically different response.
Well, there's this, which kind of illustrates the point:

Or this. Which I assume is not comedy. Then again, I'm not actually sure what this is.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A42I/live-links-barista
Fuck DST sideways with a splintery fence post. - JD

dhex

Post by dhex » 14 Dec 2017, 11:26

Super size my shitty apologies hahajaajahahah
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 14 Dec 2017, 12:05

There's nothing hotter than a guy who listens. "Just girly things"

the_lives_of_others_movie_poster.jpg
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Dec 2017, 21:12

dhex wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:26
Super size my shitty apologies hahajaajahahah
And now I know what you're talking about.
Spurlock is trying to do an end run around "me too". He'll probably get away with it. Maybe he deserves to get away with it, or doesn't deserve to go down for it, which.

But it begs the question of when Michael Moore goes down. Because of all the scumbags in all the director's chairs in all the world, no way "I'll make you a star" wasn't his go-to move. And the thought of that drooling mass of blubber pushing up on you is gonna make even the most ardent fan nauseous.

And I can't wait. I'm going to enjoy watching MM getting eaten by his leftist comrades.

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Dec 2017, 14:09

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 15 Dec 2017, 14:13

Mo wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 14:09
#GenderEquality
Finally!

#notallonlymen
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

JD

Post by JD » 15 Dec 2017, 15:57

the innominate one wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 14:13
Mo wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 14:09
#GenderEquality
Finally!

#notallonlymen
In all seriousness, look up the name "Malka Leifer" - that was a pretty horrifying case of abuse committed by a woman.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 18 Dec 2017, 13:29

Kozinski is resigning.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 18 Dec 2017, 14:21

Given the behavior, I'm not sorry, but damn...he was a valuable voice on a circuit that didn't always stick up for liberty.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Dec 2017, 19:25

Sandy wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 14:21
Given the behavior, I'm not sorry, but damn...he was a valuable voice on a circuit that didn't always stick up for liberty.
My thoughts as well.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 19 Dec 2017, 13:14

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Dec 2017, 14:03

Will somebody give Matt Damon a cookie and a pat on the head so he'll stop whining about how insufficient attention is being paid to men who aren't sexual predators? I'd do it myself, but I'm too busy systematically going through my apartment complex praising the neighbors who did NOT shoot four bullets into my apartment Sunday morning.

Shit, I forgot to thank the members of the Gryll, too.

Ellie: thank you for never firing a weapon into my apartment.
Jason: thank you for being a responsible gun owner who never shot up my home; too bad you share a name with a vastly less responsible asshole.
Mo: thank you for your lifelong dedication to never once endangering my life or my husband's.

I'll get to the rest of y'all later.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 19 Dec 2017, 14:10

Jennifer: Thank you for your obliviousness ;)
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Dec 2017, 14:17

Fuuuuuck. I guess Mo is one of those guys whose apparent decency is actually a FLAGRANT case of engaging in TEQUILA.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 19 Dec 2017, 14:48

Men are trash though.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Dec 2017, 14:52

When New York City was all freaked out over the Son of Sam, nobody bothered giving a nod to the New Yorkers who were NOT serial killers. It's a fucking disgrace, is what it is.

Shem

Post by Shem » 19 Dec 2017, 15:25

Geez, you didn't even bother to thank me, even though I only shot my initials into your door with an old-timey blunderbuss that one time. How can you expect anyone to bother to change if you don't slavishly acknowledge their improvement every single time it comes up, no matter how egregious the original behavior?
Jennifer wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:03
Will somebody give Matt Damon a cookie and a pat on the head so he'll stop whining about how insufficient attention is being paid to men who aren't sexual predators?
He's desperately hoping his past behavior doesn't come in for attention like Been Affleck's did.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Dec 2017, 15:51

Shem wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 15:25
Geez, you didn't even bother to thank me, even though I only shot my initials into your door with an old-timey blunderbuss that one time. How can you expect anyone to bother to change if you don't slavishly acknowledge their improvement every single time it comes up, no matter how egregious the original behavior?
I said I'd get to the rest of y'all later. Besides, there's some of you I need to research before thanking you, which is very difficult due to the whole "logical impossibility of proving a negative."

Where were you on Sunday morning at eight o'clock Eastern time, exactly?
Jennifer wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:03
Will somebody give Matt Damon a cookie and a pat on the head so he'll stop whining about how insufficient attention is being paid to men who aren't sexual predators?
He's desperately hoping his past behavior doesn't come in for attention like Been Affleck's did.
That could very well be it, but on the other hand maybe not; Damon's "let's not forget ME" attitude could simply be a more egregious version of something I personally have seen from self-centered men before: Yo, woman, don't complain about how irritated you are by that catcaller today unless you first give me a cookie and praise me for being one of the good men who do not catcall. Don't complain about how on-street pickup attempts annoy you until after you highlight my own personal virtue. When you talk about problems you experience, you're supposed to make it all about me, and thus far you've really been dropping the ball.

And now Matt Damon ups the ante to "In addition to whining about the men who sexually harassed or attacked them and maybe trashed their careers, why don't women in Hollywood say some nice things about the men who did NOT do such terrible things?"

Of course, my own behavior these past couple of days indicates I'm exactly the type of woman Damon would not respect; ever since Sunday I've been all "Waaah, someone shot a bunch of high-caliber bullets into my apartment, waaah" yet not until a few minutes ago did I ever once think to praise any of the responsible people who don't shoot into innocent folks' homes.

Thoreau: thank you for never firing a weapon in my direction, even during those times I met you in person.

Kolohe: thank you for never misusing your military training in such a way that might have endangered me personally.

Nicole: among your many admirable qualities, I especially admire the way you never fired a weapon at me, nor contributed to Chicago gun-violence statistics in general.

Shem: -- um, I still need to look into a few things before issuing a statement one way or the other. ;)

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 19 Dec 2017, 15:52

Dangerman wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:48
Men are trash though.
All Lives Don't Matter

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Dec 2017, 16:45

It's too bad I can't ask Damon how far responsibility for praise goes, though -- is it all women who should openly express appreciation for non-rapisty men, or only the women who complain about the men who are rapisty?

Same goes for other complainers. Like me: now that I've picked up this new habit of complaining about the person who fired bullets through my apartment, of course it is to be expected that I also praise those people who did NOT fire bullets through my apartment. And anyone who responded to my complaints with "Hey, Jennifer, if you're gonna bitch about the guy who fired those bullets, why don't you say something about what a great person I am for not shooting people's houses, especially not yours?" has a perfectly reasonable and valid argument, granted.

But what about those of you who have not had bullets fired into your homes: should you start pre-emptively thanking people for not shooting at you now, just in case you need to complain about it later? And as for those of you who expressed sympathy for my experience without so much as a thought for the ordeal borne by people who had to read my complaints about the shooter without hearing themselves praised because they didn't do it -- are you also contributing to the problem? Thank goodness we have astute philosophers like Matt Damon to raise such questions.

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 19 Dec 2017, 19:58

This is the textbook definition of someone in need of a feminist cookie.
feministcookies.jpg
feministcookies.jpg (34.94 KiB) Viewed 687 times
Attachments
3455427220_8814c9f421_z.jpg
3455427220_8814c9f421_z.jpg (105.87 KiB) Viewed 687 times
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Warren

Post by Warren » 20 Dec 2017, 00:03

Sandy wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 15:52
Dangerman wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:48
Men are trash though.
All Lives Don't Matter
Ooo Can I get that stitched on a pillow?

Mo

Post by Mo » 06 Jan 2018, 20:10

You can't stop people from trying to bag their coworkers because that's the only way you can meet people if you don't meet at school! Wut? Like I know some people who met their spouse at work, but I would be surprised if it was more than 10% and the vast majority of my friends are in the white collar world.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Jan 2018, 20:19

We'd have fewer people arguing for the importance of banging cow-orkers if they'd held minimum wage jobs as teenagers. My food service job was full of workplace romance and it didn't work out well.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Highway

Post by Highway » 06 Jan 2018, 22:35

Given a choice of things in that dopey tweet, we'd be a lot better off getting rid of "Work Consumes All" instead of "Don't Fish off the Company Pier".
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."