Sig Line Graveyard; the phpBB edition.

Warren

Re: Sig Line Graveyard; the phpBB edition.

Post by Warren » 23 Aug 2017, 19:40

I love zucchini. I do a mean baked zucchini cake.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 23 Aug 2017, 19:50

Highway wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 19:02
Ellie wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 12:41
"It fills me with a sense of dread and nope." -JasonL
*snif* That was a good one, but a bet's a bet, and I lost. Damn you, Trump!

I calculated and 50 weeks of sig space means I get to change this again on August 8, 2018 (that most fabulous of holidays, Sneak A Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night).
Ever since you posted that on facebook, I keep wondering if I'm the only person who gets Sneak A Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night.
I do not get "Sneak A Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night."

Before you tell me, please tell me if I want to get it.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 23 Aug 2017, 19:56

Aresen wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 19:50
Highway wrote:
Ellie wrote:

I calculated and 50 weeks of sig space means I get to change this again on August 8, 2018 (that most fabulous of holidays, Sneak A Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night).
Ever since you posted that on facebook, I keep wondering if I'm the only person who gets Sneak A Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night.

If you grow zucchini, you tend to produce a lot of zucchini. Zucchini is exceptionally easy to grow. You decide to do a little gardening, and come August you have ten pounds of zucchini.

You cook the zucchini. This is why you grew it, right? You eat three pounds of zucchini in a week. Everything you make is 50% zucchini. Your family tells you that if they see one more zucchini they will be driven into a homicidal rage and bludgeon you to death with it.

You offer it to your friends. They accept. Then you offer them more. Some of them accept. Their families also develop post-traumatic stress disorder associated with zucchini. You give away ten pounds of zucchini. You thought that was all you had. You have more.

You find yourself begging other people to take your zucchini. You can have it for free! Do you know anyone who wants zucchini? They can have it! Look at it, it's delicious! This last statement would be more convincing without the manic desperation in your eyes.

Finally, no one will take your zucchini any more. You have twenty pounds of zucchini left. You don't know how this happened. You can't waste it, but no one wants it. You snap.

You load the zucchini into your car. You drive around the neighborhood, and at every unattended house you sneak up to the front porch and leave as much zucchini as you can fit in front of the door.

By the end of the night, the zucchini is gone. You are clean. You are free.

You go home. Sitting on your kitchen table is a bowl of zucchini.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 23 Aug 2017, 20:47

Jadagul wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 19:56
Aresen wrote:
Highway wrote:
Ellie wrote:

If you grow zucchini, you tend to produce a lot of zucchini. Zucchini is exceptionally easy to grow. You decide to do a little gardening, and come August you have ten pounds of zucchini.

You cook the zucchini. This is why you grew it, right? You eat three pounds of zucchini in a week. Everything you make is 50% zucchini. Your family tells you that if they see one more zucchini they will be driven into a homicidal rage and bludgeon you to death with it.

You offer it to your friends. They accept. Then you offer them more. Some of them accept. Their families also develop post-traumatic stress disorder associated with zucchini. You give away ten pounds of zucchini. You thought that was all you had. You have more.

You find yourself begging other people to take your zucchini. You can have it for free! Do you know anyone who wants zucchini? They can have it! Look at it, it's delicious! This last statement would be more convincing without the manic desperation in your eyes.

Finally, no one will take your zucchini any more. You have twenty pounds of zucchini left. You don't know how this happened. You can't waste it, but no one wants it. You snap.

You load the zucchini into your car. You drive around the neighborhood, and at every unattended house you sneak up to the front porch and leave as much zucchini as you can fit in front of the door.

Any person armed with zucchini approaching my porch next August 8 will be presumed hostile and be dealt with under the provisions of "stand your ground."
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Aug 2017, 20:59

so just to be clear this holiday has nothing to do with titty fucking?
"If they make a movie about Bothans pre-ROTJ that is basically a rip off of the Taking of Pelham 123, I would start masturbating in the theater." fffffffunnnngh

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 23 Aug 2017, 21:10

I mean, it could, if you tried hard enough, but that's true of any holiday.
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Mo

Post by Mo » 23 Aug 2017, 22:13

Jadagul wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 19:56
Aresen wrote:
Highway wrote:
Ellie wrote:

I hear grapefruit is like that too. Like a grapefruit tree grows an unreasonable amount of grapefruit (even if you like it). My friend who has a grapefruit tree said that food banks won't accept them because if they did, their warehouse space would be all grapefruit.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 14 Sep 2017, 17:10

Time for something new.

"It's fucking weirdos all the way down." - Ellie
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 11 Oct 2017, 11:39

"Breyydun and Aydën's parents would have burned the school down like a trust-fund anarchist at an inner city McDonald's."
--Shem
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake