Sig Line Graveyard; the phpBB edition.

Ellie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sig Line Graveyard; the phpBB edition.

Post by Ellie » 09 Apr 2019, 15:54

"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Mo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mo » 16 Apr 2019, 17:45

Ellie wrote:"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole
Wait, why would someone @ that?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 16 Apr 2019, 17:59

Because identity politics relating to sexuality are insane.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 16 Apr 2019, 18:09

Mo wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 17:45
Ellie wrote:"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole
Wait, why would someone @ that?
Nicole said that after I was bitching about a dustup in a Facebook group I used to like, where the admins declared anyone whose gender identity was non-binary had to call themselves "enby" instead of "NB" because "NB" means "not black" in other contexts -- so therefore should mean that in ALL contexts and we were being privileged, soulless racists if we didn't comply.

I quit the group and have found I do not miss it :lol:

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 16 Apr 2019, 20:35

Thanks Mo I needed the knowledge but didn’t ask

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 19 Apr 2019, 17:10

"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 23 Jun 2019, 14:41

"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Aug 2019, 09:52

"He's just an idiot elected by idiots." - Pham

Still true, even if it's gracefully retired from my sig!

JD

Post by JD » 07 Aug 2019, 10:23

Eric the .5b wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 17:10
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem
Seeing this one again reminds of an old SF novel I once read - The Space Merchants, maybe? can't remember now - which envisioned a kind of hyper-consumerist state. The Senate was made up of "The Senator from General Motors", "The Senator from IBM", etc., which is sometimes uncomfortably close to the truth. The Presidency, however, was depicted as this colorless, powerless, ineffectual flunky job (at one point the protagonist shares an elevator with the President and doesn't even recognize him until he introduces himself), which was quite the swing and a miss.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 07 Aug 2019, 15:21

JD wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 10:23
Eric the .5b wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 17:10
Seeing this one again reminds of an old SF novel I once read - The Space Merchants, maybe? can't remember now - which envisioned a kind of hyper-consumerist state. The Senate was made up of "The Senator from General Motors", "The Senator from IBM", etc., which is sometimes uncomfortably close to the truth. The Presidency, however, was depicted as this colorless, powerless, ineffectual flunky job (at one point the protagonist shares an elevator with the President and doesn't even recognize him until he introduces himself), which was quite the swing and a miss.
Often, it's not about trying to predict anything - the presidency had been hugely powerful in the US since the start of modern science fiction - as to present a strikingly different world, where things like not recognizing the PUSA next to you in an elevator could happen.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 07 Aug 2019, 16:43

Eric the .5b wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 15:21
... present a strikingly different world, where things like not recognizing the PUSA next to you in an elevator could happen.
I think I like "PUSA" better than "POTUS" as an acronym.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

JD

Post by JD » 08 Aug 2019, 10:07

You had a good run, avocado toast and tire iron.

"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Aug 2019, 10:26

JD wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 10:07

"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF
Your current sig (as of this posting natch.) reminds me of A_R. Not sure that's what you were going for.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JD

Post by JD » 08 Aug 2019, 10:58

Warren wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 10:26
JD wrote:

Your current sig (as of this posting natch.) reminds me of A_R. Not sure that's what you were going for.
Hm, such was not my intention. I was just borrowing from something Eric the 1/2B said in another thread.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Aug 2019, 19:44

JD wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 10:58
Warren wrote:
JD wrote:

Hm, such was not my intention. I was just borrowing from something Eric the 1/2B said in another thread.
Mind, that's not what AR said, it's what people said to him...

Warren

Post by Warren » 08 Aug 2019, 21:09

Eric the .5b wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 19:44
JD wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 10:58
Warren wrote:
JD wrote:

Mind, that's not what AR said, it's what people said to him...
True, but he owned it.
It's easy to forget now that he's established residence in Fanatictown, but he was once one of the better things about this place.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JD

Post by JD » 16 Sep 2019, 15:16

"Beep boop, you silly humans."