Cardinal sins

tr0g

Cardinal sins

Post by tr0g » 06 Oct 2017, 14:27

So, as Louisville's basketball program implodes into a festering ball of federal indictments, I ran across this gem. The Lousiville coach received 98% of the money that Adidas gave the university. Wait, what?

Digging deeper, one finds this gem buried over at the Courier-Journal story.
Under the existing contract and the new one, any money that Adidas pays to University of Louisville coaches under personal service agreements is deducted from what the company gives to the athletic program.
Who in the University legal office reviewed this and didn't raise a red flag or six? What the actual ridiculous fuck?
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Warren

Re: Cardinal sins

Post by Warren » 07 Oct 2017, 12:58

Awww man. I really admire Patino's coaching.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 07 Oct 2017, 13:16

As a lifelong Louisville fan I can tell you this sucks immensely. I always knew Pitino was a bit slimy but not anymore than most other big school coaches. You have to be to operate in the swamp of the NCAA, if you want a winning program that is. This however goes way past that. It's so bad I keep waiting for a correction to be issued that someone somehow misstated the actual percentage.

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Oct 2017, 15:37

I personally received more money annually from ND's NBC contract than Louisville got from the Adidas contract.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex