GET OFF MY LAWN!

thoreau

Re: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Post by thoreau »

Well, if we need to get our mojo back then let's go conquer Greenland! How hard can it be to fight some Eskimos and Vikings in a land of glaciers?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren »

JD wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 16:16
Kolohe wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 15:58
And now I just realized we're further from 9/11 (and have been for a while) than Desert Storm was from the fall of Saigon.
OK, that one weirds me out.
Me too. I thought we were out of Vietnam before Ford was sworn in.
Ain't no party like a US treasury party because the US treasury party don't stop - Kolohe

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Today I interviewed an 18-year-old for a temp job helping cover my duties after I leave. She showed up 20 minutes late with no notice or apology, and she didn't wear her glasses even though she knew the interview would involve using the computer, and she had trouble reading some of the menus on the screen. She DID wear an extremely short plaid skirt and a cold-shoulder top.

KIDS TODAY. OMG.

But she could use Microsoft Publisher, so we're totally hiring her :lol:
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Erin Murphy who played Tabitha on Bewitched is the same age as me.
That really weirds me out.
Ain't no party like a US treasury party because the US treasury party don't stop - Kolohe

Mo

Post by Mo »

Ellie wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 00:32
Today I interviewed an 18-year-old for a temp job helping cover my duties after I leave. She showed up 20 minutes late with no notice or apology, and she didn't wear her glasses even though she knew the interview would involve using the computer, and she had trouble reading some of the menus on the screen. She DID wear an extremely short plaid skirt and a cold-shoulder top.

KIDS TODAY. OMG.

But she could use Microsoft Publisher, so we're totally hiring her :lol:
This feels like a Beige Book entry come to life.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I don't know what a Beige Book is :oops:

Warren

Post by Warren »

Ellie wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 09:59
Google sez:
The Beige Book, more formally called the Summary of Commentary on Current Economic Conditions, is a report published by the United States Federal Reserve Board eight times a year. The report is published in advance of meetings of the Federal Open Market Committee.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

So who wore the plaid skirt, Greenspan or Bernanke?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Kolohe wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 10:12
So who wore the plaid skirt, Greenspan or Bernanke?
James Cayne

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Golf clap
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo »

Ellie wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 09:59
The Beige Book is a summary of qualitative, anecdotal observations by the Fed to get a different view of the economy. Something like that story would be an indication of a strong job market. Here's a quote from the most recent Beige Book, "However, snow conditions in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin were reportedly good in December, with 'quite a few snowmobilers out on the trails' in some locations."
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Thank you for explaining! <3