Silicon Valley Disrupts Its Own Ass

Aresen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Silicon Valley Disrupts Its Own Ass

Post by Aresen » 15 Jul 2019, 16:26

lunchstealer wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 13:06
Painboy wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 12:49
Mo wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 09:20
I like how all these libertarians have gotten on board with, "Actually, free trade is really bad," once Trump won.
Like who?
Does the H&R commentariat count as libertarian?
Not until they bathe.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jadagul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jadagul » 15 Jul 2019, 17:34

Thiel calls himself a libertarian and does things like write essays for Cato Unbound about how libertarianism is incompatible with democracy.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Jul 2019, 17:41

Now that I can read those "notes" on his speech...Yeah, Thiel remains a blithering fuck.

At least he isn't yammering about how he wants the blood of the young and to clone himself.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Jul 2019, 17:48

What you guys want John McAfee to carry that burden alone?

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 15 Jul 2019, 18:05

JasonL wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 17:48
What you guys want John McAfee to carry that burden alone?
I think the best thing about John McAfee for President is that, by the time he gets done checking a bill for bugs or errors, it will have timed out.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 16 Jul 2019, 08:39

We've had president trump. Can we really find a reason to not elect john mcafee as our next president? *waves tiny American flag*
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 12:35

Pham Nuwen wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 08:39
We've had president trump. Can we really find a reason to not elect john mcafee as our next president? *waves tiny American flag*
Yeah that sounds good in theory. But just look at the Trump years. Every day should be a laugh riot with our Clown In Chief, but noooooo all the humor gets sucked right out with the clucking and the clutching, the gnashing and the fainting.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 16 Jul 2019, 13:15

And the camps. You forget about those?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 13:29

Pham Nuwen wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 13:15
And the camps. You forget about those?
I fret about the camps. And the camps belong to Trump, all that suffering is to be laid at his feet make no mistake. That said, it seems both sides prefer the optics of the camps to doing something positive. But point taken. The camps are a nuclear buzzkill.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 16 Jul 2019, 13:34

Warren wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 12:35
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Yeah that sounds good in theory. But just look at the Trump years. Every day should be a laugh riot with our Clown In Chief, but noooooo all the humor gets sucked right out with the clucking and the clutching, the gnashing and the fainting.
The Trump years are something we will look back on and laugh. Living through them is not so much fun. We laugh now about the reign of Caligula, but I am sure his contemporaries didn't enjoy it at all.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 16 Jul 2019, 13:37

Aresen wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 13:34
Warren wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:
The Trump years are something we will look back on and laugh. Living through them is not so much fun. We laugh now about the reign of Caligula, but I am sure his contemporaries didn't enjoy it at all.
Sure they did. They just knew better than to post their jokes about him on Liber Faciērum.

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 13:39

Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:
BAH! If you're not an immigrant, living through the Trump years should be a laugh riot. The only reason it isn't is because mass hysteria.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 16 Jul 2019, 13:45

Warren wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 13:39
Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:
BAH! If you're not an immigrant, living through the Trump years should be a laugh riot. The only reason it isn't is because mass hysteria.
Oh, I think Jennifer and the other women here would mostly disagree with that and on that count I'd agree with her. For that matter, the emboldening of the Alt-Right, which counts no few policemen in its ranks, has undoubtedly raised the anxiety level of minorities in general, and appropriately so, too.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 16 Jul 2019, 15:12

Yeah, I don't see anything good coming from telling the security state "Don't worry, take the gloves off, the boss has you covered." Yes, the security state is shitty under any President, but differences of degree are still real differences.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 15:21

And I think you're delusional if you think the security state is worse now that it was under W. And it didn't get any better under Obama.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 16 Jul 2019, 15:23

Warren wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:21
And I think you're delusional if you think the security state is worse now that it was under W. And it didn't get any better under Obama.
? Just what parts of the security state have been rolled back since the Patriot Act got passed?

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 15:24

Aresen wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:23
Warren wrote:
? Just what parts of the security state have been rolled back since the Patriot Act got passed?
Is that what I said? I don't think that's what I said.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 16 Jul 2019, 15:33

Warren wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:24
Aresen wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:23
Warren wrote:
Is that what I said? I don't think that's what I said.
The NSA changed it for you.

Mo

Post by Mo » 16 Jul 2019, 15:37

Warren wrote:
Aresen wrote:
Warren wrote:
Pham Nuwen wrote:
Or look immigrant-like
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 16 Jul 2019, 15:40

I mean, fair enough. If you lack all empathy and don't take things affecting people's lives seriously, Trump's kind of a hoot.

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 15:43

Eric the .5b wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 15:40
I mean, fair enough. If you lack all empathy and don't take things affecting people's lives seriously, Trump's kind of a hoot.
Or if you've always had empathy and are grading on a curve.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 16 Jul 2019, 15:44

Warren, I have never before called anyone out for having white and male privilege, but you are just begging me to do so.

But I don't want to do that. So please walk this back. Please.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Jul 2019, 16:00

thoreau, you are whiter, maler, and privileger than my wildest fantasies.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 16 Jul 2019, 17:42

I'll just leave this popcorn out for Ellie.

Mo

Post by Mo » 16 Jul 2019, 17:57

Stoking racial tensions for the lulz.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex