Arbeit Macht Frei

JD

Re: Arbeit Macht Frei

Post by JD »

Warren wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:40
WSJ wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:32
Most meetings are scheduled to last no more than 15 minutes.
Is that even possible???
Schedule meetings for only 15 minutes? Why, so can I, or so can any man. But will they only last for 15 minutes when you do schedule them?
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren wrote:
WSJ wrote:
Is that even possible???
Yes it is. Especially if you kill don't invite the guy who has to repeat every point five times and say his piece on every single topic.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:04
Warren wrote:
WSJ wrote:
Is that even possible???
Yes it is. Especially if you kill don't invite the guy who has to repeat every point five times and say his piece on every single topic.
But isn't he the one guy that needs to be at the meeting?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Warren wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:06
Aresen wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:04
Warren wrote:
WSJ wrote:
Is that even possible???
But isn't he the one guy that needs to be at the meeting?
Actually, he is the largest piece of deadwood in the office.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Seriously.

Don't be late. Don't fucking interrupt. Learn to take notes. If you have a question that doesn't require the whole group, ask it after adjourning.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo »

Amazon has a culture where you send out the meeting materials ahead of time and people are expected to know it. Far too much time in meetings is spent on, “On the last episode of this meeting we covered...”
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JD

Post by JD »

Mo wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:36
Amazon has a culture where you send out the meeting materials ahead of time and people are expected to know it. Far too much time in meetings is spent on, “On the last episode of this meeting we covered...”
Yeah, this is a good idea. I'm tired of meetings with no agenda, materials, or background.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

nicole

Post by nicole »

Mo wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:36
Yeah. When I was a manager this is how I always did things, and I still do it for all my own meetings. But our management culture is mostly no longer like this and the lost productivity is insane. (Not at Amazon, in case it sounded like that.)
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex