Moochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

Aresen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Moochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

Post by Aresen » 23 Oct 2018, 22:17

Painboy wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 20:05
Some light reading for dhex.

Trump, the Blue-Collar President by Anthony Scaramucci
TRUMP, THE BLUE-COLLAR PRESIDENT is the comeback story for America and Americans. Both Wall Street and Main Street are now thriving and will continue to do so under our current president and his economic policies. Scaramucci shares his insights and stories from his long-term relationship with President Trump.
This is especially odd to me, because I was just reading an Economist article today about "The Next Recession"

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Ellie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ellie » 23 Oct 2018, 22:23

I did get a giggle out of the comments section on that:
Good video, but I was hoping this would be more about personal preparedness, not so institutional. Would love to hear some personal finance strategies next!
Advice save some money and not just in a bank. Greece only allowed something in the range of 20$ to be pulled out of accounts during their hard times. Second start a food storage. stuff you actually eat work up to 6 months of it.
Jeez, I was just looking for investment advice, not End Times advice.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 24 Oct 2018, 00:21

I could hear more end times advice
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 24 Oct 2018, 01:16

lunchstealer wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 00:21
I could hear more end times advice
I hear lamb's blood on the door is supposed to forestall the Angel of Death. But that's a little out of my price range these days, so when I buy ground beef I just sprinkle some of the juice out of the bottom of the styrofoam tray.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Shem

Post by Shem » 24 Oct 2018, 01:17

My neighbor is stockpiling food and gold. I'm just stockpiling bullets.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 24 Oct 2018, 10:24

Shem wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 01:17
Most people that stockpile food and gold also stockpile bullets. Just sayin'.

You know who's weirdly into survival/end times prepping and tend to keep it low key? Mormons.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Mo

Post by Mo » 24 Oct 2018, 10:27

Low key? Anyone who knows a bit about LDS knows they are required to have a year of food on hand.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 24 Oct 2018, 10:27

tr0g wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 10:24
Shem wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 01:17
Most people that stockpile food and gold also stockpile bullets. Just sayin'.

You know who's weirdly into survival/end times prepping and tend to keep it low key? Mormons.
I had a couple of relatives who were Mormon (they later left). They had the whole "two years' food reserve in the house at all times" thing.

ETA: Mo has faster fingers.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 24 Oct 2018, 11:54

I recently learned that one of my wife's colleagues and her husband, folks we're pretty friendly with outside her work, have gone prepper over the last several years. To the point where they both got their CCW permits, amassed a pretty decent assortment of firearms, train with them regularly, and are looking at "cabins" in Vermont & New Hampshire as a place to bug out to. The guy's brother already has a bug out spot set up in VT.

Now they've always leaned right, but I'd always considered them typical New England republicans of the Rockefeller sort. Good folks, raised two lovely daughters that are off to college now, solid neighbors, fun to hang out with, etc.

Nope. They're a little nuts.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 25 Oct 2018, 11:37

There's a certain level of it that makes sense just because shit happens, especially when you live in places where natural disasters are frequent (hello, hurricanes!). But full-on TEOTWAWKI prepping is just apocalypse LARPing.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 25 Oct 2018, 11:45

tr0g wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 11:37
There's a certain level of it that makes sense just because shit happens, especially when you live in places where natural disasters are frequent (hello, hurricanes!). But full-on TEOTWAWKI prepping is just apocalypse LARPing.
Living near the Cascadia fault, I probably should have an earthquake kit. But it's always been on the 'something I should get around to' list.

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 25 Oct 2018, 11:56

Yeah, living in one of the hurricane magnets means you have to give some thought to it.

I may actually replace my current portable generator with a dual fuel model that runs on gas or propane. I usually have anywhere from 2 to 4 propane cylinders full at any given moment that seems better than worrying about gas.

Mo

Post by Mo » 13 Jan 2019, 16:33

I’m not sure how I feel about his ascension to Big Brother.
Last edited by Mo on 14 Jan 2019, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

dhex

Post by dhex » 13 Jan 2019, 17:10

I am hopeful he'll spark joy.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Mo

Post by Mo » 25 Jan 2019, 09:36

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 25 Jan 2019, 11:36

internet confession - I watch that show, (as well as Survivor) and I was annoyed that some political twitter that I follow tweeted out that story when I was watching it Wednesday.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 25 Jan 2019, 17:38

A friend of mine knows Mooch and has his number and email. I am begging to meet him.

dhex

Post by dhex » 25 Jan 2019, 19:59

Text him pictures of various pastas.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 25 Jan 2019, 22:32

He lasted only half a Standard Mooch? It's a new personal best!

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Jan 2019, 11:26

11 days being 1 standard mooch?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 26 Jan 2019, 15:31

Pham Nuwen wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 11:26
11 days being 1 standard mooch?
Yep.

Mo

Post by Mo » 26 Jan 2019, 17:43

10 days is a metric Mooch and 11 is the Imperial Mooch.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 26 Jan 2019, 17:49

Mo wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 17:43
10 days is a metric Mooch and 11 is the Imperial Mooch.
13 days being a bakers mooch. 6.023 × 10^23 being avogadros mooch. I think I got a handle on it now.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 26 Jan 2019, 19:16

Is there a leap mooch every four years?
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Jan 2019, 20:30

A mooch-year is a unit of distance not time.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT