Op-ediots

Mo

Re: Op-ediots

Post by Mo » 05 Jun 2019, 18:05

Now Ahmari is claiming that what he really meant is what he’s really concerned about is insufficient family leave policies.

Because only 6 weeks leave for new moms leads to drag queen reading hour?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 05 Jun 2019, 20:16

Mo wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 18:05
Now Ahmari is claiming that what he really meant is what he’s really concerned about is insufficient family leave policies.

Because only 6 weeks leave for new moms leads to drag queen reading hour?
You don't go back to work with the sitters you want, you go back to work with the available family members you have?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

nicole

Post by nicole » 06 Jun 2019, 13:49

Sorry, men, but this is my sexuality now:

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Jun 2019, 13:55

You wanna get it on with Helen Andrews?

I'll be in my bunk.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 06 Jun 2019, 14:54

Sometimes, the most repressed ones are just wild in the sack.

nicole

Post by nicole » 06 Jun 2019, 15:02

thoreau wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 13:55
You wanna get it on with Helen Andrews?/quote]

No, my fetish is socon fantasies

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 06 Jun 2019, 16:21

nicole wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 15:02
thoreau wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 13:55
You wanna get it on with Helen Andrews?
No, my fetish is socon fantasies
Daddy issues :D
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 Jun 2019, 03:35

WTF, now I love the National Labor Relations Act.
IMG_3814.jpg
IMG_3814.jpg (110.27 KiB) Viewed 284 times
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 08 Jun 2019, 07:04

Looking it up on the internet, it seems like all the Morton salt plants are unionized, and one is in the Bahamas.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 Jun 2019, 19:43

Well I mean federalist. The onion fucked quilette and then noped out.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 10 Jun 2019, 12:32

Sorry to dredge up something old, but this cracked me up:
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.25.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.25.24 PM.png (52.29 KiB) Viewed 250 times
I mean I'm used to inherent contradictions having grown up christian but it's like they aren't even trying to cushion the whiplash. Curious how they would reconcile the primacy of "human dignity" with policies that explicitly fail to take into account the human dignity of non-christian non-USians. "They are our fellow citizens, not interchangeable economic units." Shouldn't they have said in the following paragraph "They are our fellow humans, not interchangeable economic units." It really comes off like, yeah everyone's equal, except everyone else who's not us. I simply can't find enough computing power in my brain to reason that the primacy of human dignity can be reconciled with thinking American interests have any more legitimacy than anyone else's.

Or, you know, they're dishonest shits and wrote a paragraph heading that sounds noble and most people won't notice that the supporting text means they only think it applies to unborn foetuses.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 Jun 2019, 15:47

dead_elvis wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 12:32
Sorry to dredge up something old, but this cracked me up:

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.25.24 PM.png

I mean I'm used to inherent contradictions having grown up christian but it's like they aren't even trying to cushion the whiplash. Curious how they would reconcile the primacy of "human dignity" with policies that explicitly fail to take into account the human dignity of non-christian non-USians. "They are our fellow citizens, not interchangeable economic units." Shouldn't they have said in the following paragraph "They are our fellow humans, not interchangeable economic units." It really comes off like, yeah everyone's equal, except everyone else who's not us. I simply can't find enough computing power in my brain to reason that the primacy of human dignity can be reconciled with thinking American interests have any more legitimacy than anyone else's.

Or, you know, they're dishonest shits and wrote a paragraph heading that sounds noble and most people won't notice that the supporting text means they only think it applies to unborn foetuses.
Definitely the latter -- especially when their notion of "human dignity" means "If you're a woman, your human rights vanish the millisecond an egg gets fertilized inside of you."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 10 Jun 2019, 19:10

It’s funny how quickly they forget that they spent the 20 years before Ogberfell ramming through anti-gay marriage bills and constitutional amendments through. Like didn’t they try to force society to bend to their beliefs? Perhaps, much like, “this is how you get Trump,” that behavior is how you get, “bake the cake, bigot.”

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 14 Jun 2019, 21:57

Hong Kong and the Future of Freedom https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/opin ... trump.html

I share his distaste with Trump not giving a fuck, but I find myself wondering what he thinks it matters. A very different president was in office when Tiannamen Square happened, and what came of that?

Hong Kong is fucked from a liberty perspective, and no US president is going to change that. How Trump reacts is meaningless, except as a sting to American pride that we'd... Well, we'd say something about it.
Last edited by Eric the .5b on 15 Jun 2019, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 14 Jun 2019, 23:31

Eric the .5b wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 21:57
Hong Kong and the Future of Freedom https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/opin ... trump.html

I share his distaste with Trump not giving a fuck, but I find myself wondering what he thinks it matters. A very different president was in office when Tiannamen Square happened, and what came of that?

Hong Kong is fucked from a liberty perspective, and no US president is going to change that. How Trump reacts is meaningless, except as a string to American pride that we'd... Well, we'd say something about it.
So far, disputes with China have been primarily linked to trade. Outside of the Spratly Islands and Taiwan, there is not much territorial assertion by the Chinese government. (Everyone concedes Macau and Hong Kong are part of Chinese territory, however much the Chinese screw the latter. With Shanghai rising, the Chinese no longer need Hong Kong as a source of investment capital or gateway, so there's no reason to be nice to HK.)

There is no reason to get into a military dispute with China. It would take a real idiot to get into one.*

*Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 18 Jun 2019, 08:24

People are going off the fucking rails with prepositions. “Comfort for black athletes”? Wtf? Is there a single fucking editor left in the universe?

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 18 Jun 2019, 14:16

nicole wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 08:24
People are going off the fucking rails with prepositions. “Comfort for black athletes”? Wtf? Is there a single fucking editor left in the universe?
"comfort white Americans had developed for black athletes"

Wtf does that even mean?
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

nicole

Post by nicole » 18 Jun 2019, 14:46

Andrew wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 14:16
nicole wrote:

Wtf does that even mean?
It means they’re illiterate

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 18 Jun 2019, 16:06

Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman died in darkness.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 18 Jun 2019, 17:33

nicole wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 14:46
Andrew wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 14:16
nicole wrote:

Wtf does that even mean?
It means they’re illiterate
Co-signed.

I think my least favorite thing about critical theory is the mangling of language. Like someone's trying to sneak in bad poetry.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 18 Jun 2019, 17:51

It's even worse that they combine this accidental mangling of language (I'm sure they were trying to say "comfort with") with deliberate misuse of words (e.g. redefining "white supremacy" as "anything Ta-Nehisi Coates disagrees with") and awful neologisms ("manspreading").
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 18 Jun 2019, 18:01

thoreau wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 17:51
It's even worse that they combine this accidental mangling of language (I'm sure they were trying to say "comfort with") with deliberate misuse of words (e.g. redefining "white supremacy" as "anything Ta-Nehisi Coates disagrees with") and awful neologisms ("manspreading").
When I first heard the word 'manspreading', my question was "What has gender got to do with toast?"
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex