Haha mbd
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Aresen

Re: Op-ediots

Post by Aresen » 30 Nov 2018, 10:36

Mo wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 06:02
The fact that this frightening and authoritarian impulse ridden story was the cover story of National Review, is more horrifying than Donald Trump in the White House.

Google is sitting on cash and selling to the Chinese. Break them up!
The governor of California is cozy with one of the largest industries in his state. Attack him!
Colleges are liberal. Take away their tax exemptions and redistribute the money to organizations I like!
As Zach Goldberg has demonstrated using data from the American National Election Studies, Trump voters’ anti-immigration attitudes were informed by demands for assimilation and fears of immigration’s impact on labor markets, and do not correlate strongly with feelings of a besieged “white identity.”

Did Zach Goldberg bother to look out the window or did he just massage the data in his rectum until shitting out this notion?
Rebalance our priorities toward work and away from education. Any long-term vision of America enhancing itself as a destination for high-end manufacturing must include a rebalancing of priorities and resources away from the most prestigious educational institutions that hoard them and toward the technical schools and other institutions that can re-skill the American worker. The economic elites who turn out for Democrats benefit partly from the now-antiquated system of American meritocracy, imposing greater costs on the economic mobility of America’s strivers. Republicans should disrupt this system.
"Meritocracy is bad." Is he channeling Bernie Saunders?
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Nov 2018, 11:48

I mean. Would that have been out of place in NR anytime post Reagan?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Nov 2018, 17:22

What’s stupid about the benefit manufacturing over creative class jobs is that countries like China would take that trade in a second. Who the fuck does MBD think makes the most money from Apple’s ‘Designed in California’ built in China by Foxconn products? The commodity parts manufacturers and assemblers? Any moron with a half functioning brain would take the current deal over ‘Designed in Shanghai’ assembles in Appleton, WI.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Nov 2018, 17:23

Warren wrote:I mean. Would that have been out of place in NR anytime post Reagan?
Out of place in NR, in place in The American Conservative.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 30 Nov 2018, 17:50

That was a deeply stupid article. I mean he really dug in and wallowed in it.

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Nov 2018, 18:57

Mo wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 17:23
Warren wrote:I mean. Would that have been out of place in NR anytime post Reagan?
Out of place in NR, in place in The American Conservative.
If you say so. But certainly not since Buckley died.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 05 Dec 2018, 22:03

Douthat wants David Brooks deep inside him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/opin ... wasps.html
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 06 Dec 2018, 01:28

Maybe Ross is just worried that one of "them" is going to usurp his kids' legacy admission to Harvard.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 06 Dec 2018, 06:51

The desire to have WASP-like people running things again explains why Kerry won in 2004 and Romney won in 2012.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Dec 2018, 17:51

Why We Miss the WASPs: Their more meritocratic, diverse and secular successors rule us neither as wisely nor as well.
"Meritocratic?" "Diverse?" Well, at least the "secular" part applies to Donald Trump.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Shem

Post by Shem » 06 Dec 2018, 19:08

Hugh Akston wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 21:04
"rivaled only by" reads to me as "of approximately equal value". And even if they do value Easter over Christmas, papists are not representative of Xtians generally.
Given that every candidate for Messiah in ancient Judea had a birthday, but only one had a rebirthday, I gotta think Easter is significantly more important. And Lutheran Confirmation taught me as much.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 06 Dec 2018, 19:17

Shem wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:08
Hugh Akston wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 21:04
"rivaled only by" reads to me as "of approximately equal value". And even if they do value Easter over Christmas, papists are not representative of Xtians generally.
Given that every candidate for Messiah in ancient Judea had a birthday, but only one had a rebirthday, I gotta think Easter is significantly more important. And Lutheran Confirmation taught me as much.
There was a Soviet era Russian joke that Khrushchev asked to be buried in Israel after he died, but the Politburo refused to allow it because Israel had the world's highest resurrection rate.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Dec 2018, 19:30

My favorite joke about a Soviet leader is that a guy stood up in Red Square and shouted "Kruschev is an idiot!" He was given a twenty year sentence: Five for illegal protests and fifteen for revealing state secrets.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 06 Dec 2018, 22:39

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Dec 2018, 09:48

Rich Lowry: Democrats are dumb because they poo-pooed voter fraud. And see, Republicans committed voter* fraud, so it's real. Never mind that none of the solutions that are offered up would do anything to prevent this from happening and that there was already a law against exactly what was done here.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/ ... -election/

* It's actually election fraud, not voter fraud.

JD

Post by JD » 07 Dec 2018, 11:20

thoreau wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:30
My favorite joke about a Soviet leader is that a guy stood up in Red Square and shouted "Kruschev is an idiot!" He was given a twenty year sentence: Five for illegal protests and fifteen for revealing state secrets.
So these three guys in the gulag are talking, and one of them says, "I stole from my factory, and they sentenced me to ten years."
Another one says, "I distributed banned literature, and they sentenced me to ten years."
The third one says, "I did nothing at all, and they sentenced me to ten years!"
And the other two say, "Liar! For nothing, you get fifteen years!"
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF