Occam, Trump, and Russia

Aresen

Re: Occam, Trump, and Russia

Post by Aresen » 01 Dec 2017, 12:56

Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 10:37
Highway wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 10:25
Shem wrote:And only one count of lying when they could have nailed him for conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Wonder what he gave to get that.
Is that more of the "undercharge to prevent Trump from meddling with pardons" that was talked about with Manafort?
This is an undercharge because he flipped for a bigger fish. Either Trump, Jared or Junior* or the hat trick.

* Not entirely certain he is actually a bigger fish
I believe they are after the flounder.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 01 Dec 2017, 13:05

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 01 Dec 2017, 13:28

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 01 Dec 2017, 13:45

Whatever your opinion of Comey, everyone should get a chance to throw this kind of shade at an old dick boss.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 01 Dec 2017, 15:46

So Michael "lock her up" Flynn pleaded guilty, huh? I bet Hillary is having multiple spontaneous schadenfreude orgasms right now.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 01 Dec 2017, 16:26

Let's not have any further mentions of Hillary's orgasms, please.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 01 Dec 2017, 16:58

the innominate one wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 16:26
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Dec 2017, 17:22

The most shameful thing to come out of Flynn's plea is that a retired 3-star general was taking orders from Jared Fucking Kushner.
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 01 Dec 2017, 17:38

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPJPtw7L ... /giphy.gif
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 01 Dec 2017, 23:31

lunchstealer wrote:
That was the most moment she lost. So. Fucking. Insincere.
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 02 Dec 2017, 00:24

Taktix® wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 23:31
lunchstealer wrote:
That was the most moment she lost. So. Fucking. Insincere.
The fact that politicians have to be personable and beer-shareable-with is why our species has to die.

I'm not saying Hilary should be supported, but if someone says "I don't feel like x is a regular fellow and that's why he won't get my vote," an assassin should immediately drive a knife under their ribcage. Or into the kidney I've heard that's so painful you can't even scream.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Shem

Post by Shem » 02 Dec 2017, 01:01

Hey, you try looking sincere when you just took a hit of salvia before you walked out on the stage.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 02 Dec 2017, 09:09

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 00:24
The fact that politicians have to be personable and beer-shareable-with is why our species has to die.

I'm not saying Hilary should be supported, but if someone says "I don't feel like x is a regular fellow and that's why he won't get my vote," an assassin should immediately drive a knife under their ribcage. Or into the kidney I've heard that's so painful you can't even scream.
Exactly. It's like people didn't learn their lesson when they voted for Bush because he was someone you could have a beer with. Yeah, that's who you want running the remaining superpower. A frat boy who failed upward because of the family he was born into.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 02 Dec 2017, 17:27

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/u ... vIUO?amp=1
On Dec. 29, a transition adviser to Mr. Trump, K. T. McFarland, wrote in an email to a colleague that sanctions announced hours before by the Obama administration in retaliation for Russian election meddling were aimed at discrediting Mr. Trump’s victory. The sanctions could also make it much harder for Mr. Trump to ease tensions with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him,” she wrote in the emails obtained by The Times.
I am strongly tempted to believe the NYT got taken in by a scam BECAUSE HOW CAN YOU BE THAT DUMB AND NOT ACCIDENTALLY KILL YOURSELF LIKE EIGHT TIMES A DAY!

I looked at her Wikipedia page and she went to GWU, Oxford, and MIT. I was shocked that she could be so dumb with that pedigree, but then I saw that she just had an ABD in natsec stuff and an MA in PPE. A PPE is a Politics, Philosophy, and Economics degree and is almost literally a degree in sophistry; it's what the dumber MPs take to be completely full of shit while sounding smart and eloquent.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 02 Dec 2017, 17:50

She was on Fox news a lot in the 00s when that was always on in the background on the watchfloors.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Dec 2017, 18:04

So he fired Flynn for lying to the FBI, then told Comey to stop investigating Flynn for the crime of lying to the FBI.

Isn't Trump just admitting to obstruction of justice?
"The first rule of Grylliade club is 'Why are we talking about Grylliade club?'"
--Jake

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 02 Dec 2017, 18:13

I've been seeing that meme on Twitter. Seems like it depends on whether Trump knew Flynn had lied to the FBI at the time he asked Comey to stop the investigation.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Dec 2017, 18:20

We know that he fired Comey to stop the investigation. He went on TV and said that. Even if he didn't, at the time, know for sure that aFlynn was lying, he knew that he was acting to stop the investigation.

But, in my limited understanding of the law, a ccrime requires a "guilty mind", and we have firm evidence that Trump has no mind and feels no guilt.
--Jake

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 02 Dec 2017, 18:32

It seems likely, but the evidence we have is circumstantial.

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 02 Dec 2017, 19:24

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Dec 2017, 19:27

Did the Resistance get a mole inside Trump's legal team?
--Jake

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Dec 2017, 20:48

John McCormack brought up a good point earlier today, "So many Trumpers suggest Mueller investigation will be a nothing-burger unless it uncovers literal treason or at least an underlying crime. Do they not recall Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury & obstruction intended to hide legal activity?"

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 02 Dec 2017, 21:48

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 02 Dec 2017, 21:58

That actually seems as bad, if not worse, especially in combo with the second bullet point.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 Dec 2017, 11:06

”Indeed, evidence does appear to show deep ties between Mr. Erickson, the N.R.A. and the Russian gun rights community that were formed in the years when many American conservatives, put off by the Obama administration’s policies, were increasingly looking to Mr. Putin as an example of a strong leader opposing immigration, terrorism and gay rights."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/u ... e=Homepage
--Jake