Occam, Trump, and Russia

Eric the .5b

Re: Occam, Trump, and Russia

Post by Eric the .5b » 21 Apr 2019, 18:26

Didn't Al Gore get grief for mere donations from foreigners?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Warren

Post by Warren » 22 Apr 2019, 03:14

Eric the .5b wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 18:26
Didn't Al Gore get grief for mere donations from foreigners?
He did. I don't remember if Giuliani weighed in on it though. He wasn't playing on the national stage then.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 22 Apr 2019, 21:04

This 100% confirms my impression of the Trump Administration.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 May 2019, 15:41

Why was a Russian mobster living in Trump Tower? Why, after he had to leave the US, was he hanging out at Trump's Miss Universe show in Moscow? Why were his associates running a business out of Trump Tower around that same time?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... se-moscow/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story-fbi-wir ... d=46266198

I'm sure this is all completely innocent, and not at all the sort of thing that could be used as leverage.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 May 2019, 15:48

Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... story.html

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 03 May 2019, 18:24

Did Trump spit or swallow?

--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 03 May 2019, 22:07

thoreau wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:41
Why was a Russian mobster living in Trump Tower? Why, after he had to leave the US, was he hanging out at Trump's Miss Universe show in Moscow? Why were his associates running a business out of Trump Tower around that same time?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... se-moscow/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story-fbi-wir ... d=46266198

I'm sure this is all completely innocent, and not at all the sort of thing that could be used as leverage.

Literally just asking questions.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 12 Jun 2019, 01:04

What a dishonest piece of shit. I'm sure you've seen the video of the Dean hearing but for Gaetz's youtube channel they edited the part where Dean pwnd him, and they didn't do it just by cutting it out, they spliced it so you think the laughter was to something other than Gaetz being a moron. Grrrr.

"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 12 Jun 2019, 20:24

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/id-excl ... d=63669304

His stance is that even though he didn't collude he totally would.

--Mo

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 26 Jun 2019, 19:39

IMG_20190626_193330.jpg
IMG_20190626_193330.jpg (153.79 KiB) Viewed 705 times
He's using those backwards R's ;)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 27 Jun 2019, 09:55

I liked Mac better in the season where he was fat.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 19 Jul 2019, 11:54

From the book of faces.
FB_IMG_1563551586482.jpg
FB_IMG_1563551586482.jpg (85.4 KiB) Viewed 555 times
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 26 Jul 2019, 11:03

Noted leftist Joe Scarborough thinks there's something unsavory about McConnell's response to Russian election hacking.

--Mo

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 27 Jul 2019, 21:32

Cocaine Mitch isn't a Russian stooge. He just doesn't really care about democracy, and that attitude helps get Republicans elected, on the margin.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Shem

Post by Shem » 28 Jul 2019, 00:20

Think it's more he's trying to avoid forcing Trump to make himself even more suspicious by vetoing the bill. None of his constituents actually care, so he's safe, but there's probably enough marginal cases in PAMIWI make reelection more sketchy.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 28 Jul 2019, 01:39

Kolohe wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 21:32
Cocaine Mitch isn't a Russian stooge. He just doesn't really care about democracy, and that attitude helps get Republicans elected, on the margin.
Agreed. Mitch simply knows what will benefit him and what won't. If Putin came to collect on the favor, he'd find Mitch damn near impossible to negotiate with. But in the meantime, Mitch is happy to turn a blind eye...not because he's actually Mikhail Mikhailovich McConnell, but because he's amoral and knows that a win is a win and long-term damage to the national good is irrelevant to his concerns.
--Mo

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 29 Jul 2019, 19:30

thoreau wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 01:39
Kolohe wrote:
Agreed. Mitch simply knows what will benefit him and what won't. If Putin came to collect on the favor, he'd find Mitch damn near impossible to negotiate with. But in the meantime, Mitch is happy to turn a blind eye...not because he's actually Mikhail Mikhailovich McConnell, but because he's amoral and knows that a win is a win and long-term damage to the national good is irrelevant to his concerns.
It's almost like he's a politician or something.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 29 Jul 2019, 19:32

My assertion is that he is doing something dangerously compromising. You are saying that he's doing it because he values his short-term self-interest over any other concern. These two statements are not in contradiction, but you seem to be suggesting that your statement in some way mitigates, allays, or refutes the concerns that I raise.
--Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 29 Jul 2019, 22:32

Painboy wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 19:30
thoreau wrote:
Kolohe wrote:
Yep. I'm just annoyed at the fact he derailed an election security bill, a sanctioned oligarch is investing $200 million in an aluminum plant in his district, and he cried McCarthyism.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... sm-1440027
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 30 Jul 2019, 11:17

thoreau wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 19:32
My assertion is that he is doing something dangerously compromising. You are saying that he's doing it because he values his short-term self-interest over any other concern. These two statements are not in contradiction, but you seem to be suggesting that your statement in some way mitigates, allays, or refutes the concerns that I raise.
I was actually just making a joke on the somewhat revelatory tone of the post. As if anyone reading these forums doesn't know exactly what kind of political reptile McConnell is.

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Jul 2019, 11:33

Painboy wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Kolohe wrote:
A dark part of me would thoroughly enjoy if his opponent in 2020 started hammering him with a dark xenophobic campaign hitting him for his shady Russian aluminum connections and his wife's shady China stuff.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 30 Jul 2019, 11:35

Painboy wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 11:17
thoreau wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 19:32
I was actually just making a joke on the somewhat revelatory tone of the post. As if anyone reading these forums doesn't know exactly what kind of political reptile McConnell is.
Real reptiles resent that sort of slur. Snakes kill rats, they don't protect them.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 30 Jul 2019, 11:47

Mo wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 11:33
A dark part of me would thoroughly enjoy if his opponent in 2020 started hammering him with a dark xenophobic campaign hitting him for his shady Russian aluminum connections and his wife's shady China stuff.
The Russkie's building aluminum tubes! And do I need to remind you what the fuck you can do with an aluminum tube? ALUMINUM!!!!

That don't scare you? Fine. I didn't want to say this. The motherfucker bought some yellow cake. In China. He went to China and he bought yellow cake.
--Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 30 Jul 2019, 14:32

10/10 would watch chapelle again
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 31 Jul 2019, 06:49

Mo wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 11:33
Painboy wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Kolohe wrote:

The problem with the Dems leaning into Xenophobia is that their hearts are just not in it. (And I'm not really kidding about that)