I don't know who roosh is.

nicole

Re: Masculinity, so fragile

Post by nicole » 30 Jan 2019, 11:17

Warren wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 10:54
Andrew wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 10:25
Perhaps the video is more flattering, but based on the still vevo is showing, one could be forgiven for thinking the video encourages male-goblin pairings.
I watched about half of it. I'd say it goes past goblin, though as far as I can tell there's no male involvement nor actual pairings. There were copious mocha bootys being shaken, but honestly I don't understand what I saw.
It's called "dancing"
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 30 Jan 2019, 11:17

JasonL wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 11:17
hahaha what

return of kings bro

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 30 Jan 2019, 11:20

Not knowing who roosh is counts as a quality of life improvement. He's like door to door Jesus people but for a cartoon vision of sexual relations.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Jan 2019, 11:21

nicole wrote:
Warren wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 10:54
Andrew wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 10:25
Perhaps the video is more flattering, but based on the still vevo is showing, one could be forgiven for thinking the video encourages male-goblin pairings.
I watched about half of it. I'd say it goes past goblin, though as far as I can tell there's no male involvement nor actual pairings. There were copious mocha bootys being shaken, but honestly I don't understand what I saw.
It's called "dancing"
Oh yeah? huh
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 30 Jan 2019, 11:25

nicole wrote:
JasonL wrote:
hahaha what

return of kings bro
Oh I know RoK but didn't know dude's name. I get PUA people confused. Heartiste guy wut Roissey and RoK guy. They all the same guy really, right?

nicole

Post by nicole » 30 Jan 2019, 11:33

JasonL wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 11:25
nicole wrote:
JasonL wrote:
hahaha what

return of kings bro
Oh I know RoK but didn't know dude's name. I get PUA people confused. Heartiste guy wut Roissey and RoK guy. They all the same guy really, right?
yes

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 30 Jan 2019, 17:20

Mo wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 06:56
Heap big woman, you made a gay boy out of me

Nope, still no good.
Mmm, I dunno. This is Freddie Mercury we're talking about, here.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 04 May 2019, 14:36

The backlash against glam rock, disco, and metrosexuality finally reaches China:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... story.html
Influenced by K-pop idols in Korea, China’s boy bands and celebrities — with their delicate beauty, dyed hair and haute couture wardrobes — have a massive following among women here. But China’s state-run media condemns the young idols, calling them “sissy pants” and “fresh young meat.”

The backlash deepened after a back-to-school TV program featured the boy band F4. Angry parents attacked the Education Ministry’s decision to hold up the cosmetics-wearing young men as role models; state media warned that a “sick” and “decadent” culture threatened the future of the nation. This year, a Chinese videostreaming website started blurring earrings worn by men.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 04 May 2019, 16:55

I don't know if Chinese are still likely to believe "homosexuality is a choice" (coupled with "metrosexuality, or even earrings on men, is homosexuality"), but if so .... they should ENCOURAGE this to offset the demographic clusterfuck of "there are literally millions of Chinese men with zero chance of EVER finding a woman to marry, because the one-child-policy generation contains millions more men than women."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » 04 May 2019, 19:58

Jennifer wrote:
04 May 2019, 16:55
I don't know if Chinese are still likely to believe "homosexuality is a choice" (coupled with "metrosexuality, or even earrings on men, is homosexuality"), but if so .... they should ENCOURAGE this to offset the demographic clusterfuck of "there are literally millions of Chinese men with zero chance of EVER finding a woman to marry, because the one-child-policy generation contains millions more men than women."
Anyone else want to go in on starting a sex-toy business catering to the Chinese Market?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 04 May 2019, 20:05

Number 6 wrote:
04 May 2019, 19:58
Jennifer wrote:
Anyone else want to go in on starting a sex-toy business catering to the Chinese Market?
Or maybe, if we can find that secret thing in the water supply that makes frogs gay -- the one Alex Jones used to go on about -- and then sell it to the Chinese government (not enough to turn EVERYONE in China gay, only about a third of their Gens X and Y men), that would solve a lot of China's sex-demographic problems without even needing a war to burn off those men as cannon fodder.

Warren

Post by Warren » 04 May 2019, 20:07

Number 6 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Just who do you think the sex-toy market belongs to now?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » 04 May 2019, 20:44

Warren wrote:
04 May 2019, 20:07
Number 6 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
The dilluminati?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 05 May 2019, 03:43

Jennifer wrote:
I'm reminded of some old, terrible "satirical" novels by L. Ron Hubbard where The Old Rich Man Who Secretly Ran The World was trying to promote homosexuality (which, course, barely existed "normally") on then-contemporary Earth in order to stop population growth.

(Weirdly, while apparently gay guys and even underage catamites were having a blast—that last detail making me really leery of Hubbard, if everything else about him weren't enough—lesbians were having no fun at all, just some unsatisfying "scratching and biting"...)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 05 May 2019, 15:00

Warren wrote:
04 May 2019, 20:07
Number 6 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
A family business that still makes much of its line in the U.S.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 06 May 2019, 12:36

Number 6 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Freshrights?

[/racist]
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 07 May 2019, 18:32

Men Have No Friends and Women Bear the Burden
Unlike women, who are encouraged to foster deep platonic intimacy from a young age, American men—with their puffed up chests, fist bumps, and awkward side hugs—grow up believing that they should not only behave like stoic robots in front of other men, but that women are the only people they are allowed to turn to for emotional support—if anyone at all. And as modern relationships continue to put pressure on "the one" to be The Only One (where men cast their wives and girlfriends to play best friend, lover, career advisor, stylist, social secretary, emotional cheerleader, mom—to him, their future kids, or both—and eventually, on-call therapist minus the $200/hour fee), this form of emotional gold digging is not only detrimental to men, it's exhausting an entire generation of women.
Shame, Brené Brown found in her years of research, is the single biggest cause of toxic masculinity. Whereas women experience shame when they fail to meet unrealistic, conflicting expectations, men become consumed with shame for showing signs of weakness. Since vulnerability is, unfortunately, still perceived as a weakness instead of a strength, having hard conversations that involve vulnerability is something men often try to avoid. It’s for this reason that to yield positive results from men’s support groups, men must enter such groups with that very intention—not just to find buddies.
At first, Shepherd thought his men’s group would be a place to unload on someone other than a woman, but it’s become more than that—something he believes all men truly want and need, but can’t admit it. “In our culture, men have always found ways to be near each other, but it’s never been centered around feelings,” he explains. “Men are taught the remedy to heartbreak is to get drunk with your buddies, objectify women, and go out and get laid; to basically distance yourself from your feelings and channel them into an aggressive outlet. We use sports as an excuse to bump up against each other, so desperate we are for human touch and intimacy. But this kind of closeness is based in camaraderie and aggression, not vulnerability and trust. The former is very surface level and not nearly as satisfying as the latter.”
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 07 May 2019, 18:37

This article will soon be followed by one titled "Why are men so aggressive about building their social networks?"

NYT summary: "Men are lonely and miserable. Women, minorities hardest hit."
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 May 2019, 19:42

The headline might be a bit eye-rolly, but there definitely are some legit points there: part of "toxic masculinity" is indeed the idea that it's "bad" or "unmanly" for men and boys to have or express certain standard human feelings and emotions. And one subset of that idea -- or an idea which affects a subset of men, however you want to put it -- is that it's okay for such men to expect certain things from the women in their lives, and so on.

Not to channel Captain Obvious here, but: if the only "manly" emotions are anger, rage, scorn, etc. (as opposed to "wussy" options like sadness, disappointment, fearfulness, hurt, etc.), that sucks for the men and it also really sucks for people close to the men, including women and children.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 08 May 2019, 10:01

I wonder who constitutes the main readership of Harper's Bazaar.
Harper's Bazaar is an American women's fashion magazine, first published in 1867. Harper's Bazaar is published by Hearst and considers itself to be the style resource for "women who are the first to buy the best, from casual to couture". Aimed at what it calls "discerning ladies", Bazaar is published monthly.
I'd say the editor who approved that piece knew exactly what their readers want to be told.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 May 2019, 15:41

Number 6 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
I’m not not saying that I would be interested in licensing and creating a Kobe Tai fleshlight. Particularly if I get to meet her.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 22 May 2019, 19:02

Is parody site. Poe's law and all, but yeah deffo parody site.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 23 May 2019, 09:23

lunchstealer wrote:
22 May 2019, 19:02
Is parody site. Poe's law and all, but yeah deffo parody site.
Check. As parody sites go, it's pretty good.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT