Masculinity, so fragile

Painboy

Re: Masculinity, so fragile

Post by Painboy » 10 Nov 2018, 14:30

Apparently the Red Pill folks have some compatriots across the pond.

Inside China’s training camps, where boys are learning how to be men
It was the fifth day of an 18-day course held on weekends for boys aged seven to 11 that aims to rescue them from their day-to-day, all-female environment and prevent them from being “oversensitive, vulnerable, whiny, petty or irresponsible”.

Members of the Boys’ Club recite declarations of manhood at the beginning of lectures, which include subjects such as safeguarding their country, honour and dreams.
They make vows to be ambitious and competent as an eagle, smart and kind as a dolphin and persistent and down-to-earth as a horse.
While she would have settled for her son finishing the summer course without quitting, she was taken by a nice surprise – the boy not only completed the training but also took the initiative to wash his own socks.

“He could not even take a bath without my help. He did not poop in school because he needed us to wipe his butt after the business. Then [after the course] he would wash his socks. I was thrilled!” Zhang said.
I think the cause of this kids problems might lie closer to home.

So two years ago, when he learned Tang was coming to his city, Zhang signed the boy up for two weeks of military style-training that included walking weights across sand, carrying cabers – the Scottish long pole – wrestling, and American football.
I found this rather odd. It seems strange that they are embracing something that hasn't really been part of their culture.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 Nov 2018, 16:59

I do recall reading an article some time ago regarding how, due to the one-child policy, a lot of Chinese kids were growing up ridiculously spoiled (IIRC they called it something like "Little Emperor" syndrome), but -- being 12 years old and unable to wipe your own ass? Yikes.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Shem

Post by Shem » 11 Nov 2018, 14:36

If an American made the same comment re: bathroom usage, would you assume that it was a no-shit description of the kid's bathroom habits, or would you chalk it up to ironic overstatement and figure that whatever other problems the kid had, that bathroom usage probably wasn't among them?
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 11 Nov 2018, 15:18

Probably the former, especially since I have read about actual adults in America who complain that they "can't" poop away from home due to nervousness or whatever.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

JD

Post by JD » 12 Nov 2018, 10:59

They make vows to be ambitious and competent as an eagle, smart and kind as a dolphin and persistent and down-to-earth as a horse.
Dolphins are super-rapey, FYI. Also not totally sold on the ambition of eagles, although "The Eagle of Competence" does sound like a gold-colored plastic trophy you would find in the local trophy shop. Maybe somebody else can address the down-to-earth-ness of horses.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 12 Nov 2018, 11:07

JD wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 10:59
Dolphins are super-rapey, FYI. Also not totally sold on the ambition of eagles, although "The Eagle of Competence" does sound like a gold-colored plastic trophy you would find in the local trophy shop. Maybe somebody else can address the down-to-earth-ness of horses.
"Food, sex and scratch me where I itch."
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 12 Nov 2018, 12:22

that aims to rescue them from their day-to-day, all-female environment
I find this to be the most interesting part. Is the equivalent of K-6 in China actually as all-female as it is in the US?
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 12 Nov 2018, 19:02

JD wrote:
Dolphins are super-rapey, FYI.
I don't think they've been demonstrated to be any more rapey than human beings.

(Hence my personal take/joke on dolphins: we fell in love with them because they're so much like us, then we recoiled in horror because they're so much like us.)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Nov 2018, 10:33

Are dolphins really rapey? I thought they were just more doggesque humpy.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Masculinity, so fragile

Post by JasonL » 13 Nov 2018, 10:38

Don't they do the thing where they surround the female until she is exhausted then do the thing?

Edit - yup

“Two or three males will surround the female, leaping and bellyflopping, swiveling and somersaulting, all in perfect synchrony with one another. Should the female be so unimpressed by the choreography as to attempt to flee, the males will chase after her, bite her, slap her with their fins or slam into her with their bodies. The scientists call this effort to control females "herding," but they acknowledge that the word does not convey the aggressiveness of the act.”

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/18/scie ... mplex.html

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Nov 2018, 10:48

Good to know.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 13 Nov 2018, 11:14

How long before all mentions of the Miami Dolphins have to come with a trigger warning?
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 13 Nov 2018, 18:32

Eric the .5b wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 19:02
JD wrote:
Dolphins are super-rapey, FYI.
I don't think they've been demonstrated to be any more rapey than human beings.
Probably less so if the absence of a dolphin #MeToo movement is any evidence.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 13 Nov 2018, 18:47

Animals lack the capacity for abstract thought much less the physiology to vocalize enthusiastic consent or the lack thereof.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 13 Nov 2018, 18:49

Hugh Akston wrote:Animals lack the capacity for abstract thought much less the physiology to vocalize enthusiastic consent or the lack thereof.
Which is why they shouldn't be having sex.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 Nov 2018, 20:19

Hugh Akston wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 18:47
Animals lack the capacity for abstract thought much less the physiology to vocalize enthusiastic consent or the lack thereof.
They're certainly capable of actively resisting sex, with the aggressor having to overpower the victim.

Otherwise, you know, we wouldn't notice anything "rapey" about the behavior.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Nov 2018, 22:54

Hugh Akston wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 18:47
dafuk? Of course they do.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 30 Jan 2019, 04:55

Turn on sound. Roosh has gone Full Orson Scott Card:

(That is, he's making arguments that someone really can't straight-facedly make as a straight man.)

I presume this is the (NSFW) video:

Now, I could believe that someone could spin a spiel about conspiracies to encourage homosexuality without necessarily believing it...but if you can straight-facedly say a bunch of women presenting and gyrating at the camera is designed to encourage male homosexuality, you're real gay.

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Jan 2019, 06:56

Eric the .5b wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 04:55
Now, I could believe that someone could spin a spiel about conspiracies to encourage homosexuality without necessarily believing it...but if you can straight-facedly say a bunch of women presenting and gyrating at the camera is designed to encourage male homosexuality, you're real gay.
I like big butts and I cannot lie,
Girl butts make me wanna fuck guys ...

Hmm, doesn't quite work.

I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad
But I knew life before I left my nursery, huh
Left alone with big fat Fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Heap big woman, you made a gay boy out of me

Nope, still no good.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 30 Jan 2019, 07:45

Lol

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Jan 2019, 08:38

Just logged in. Thank you Eric for starting my day with a grin.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 30 Jan 2019, 08:57

Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 30 Jan 2019, 10:25

Perhaps the video is more flattering, but based on the still vevo is showing, one could be forgiven for thinking the video encourages male-goblin pairings.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

dhex

Post by dhex » 30 Jan 2019, 10:46

that video kinda gets me over asses like smoking an entire carton of asses. also cardi b is a fucking nitwit but that's neither here nor there.

but roosh makes cardi b look like einstein. he's aggressively stupid even taken only as an art project.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Jan 2019, 10:54

Andrew wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 10:25
Perhaps the video is more flattering, but based on the still vevo is showing, one could be forgiven for thinking the video encourages male-goblin pairings.
I watched about half of it. I'd say it goes past goblin, though as far as I can tell there's no male involvement nor actual pairings. There were copious mocha bootys being shaken, but honestly I don't understand what I saw.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT