Masculinity, so fragile

Jennifer

Re: Masculinity, so fragile

Post by Jennifer » 05 Dec 2017, 19:18

Some of the responses to this tweet .... holy crap. One "men's rights/red pill" nutcase, asked "Is it really that hard to understand the difference between wanted/unwanted advances from two consenting adults?", responded "The very real risk of capital and personal loss is too high for men to even attempt to understand it"

Uh, no, dude. Not understanding or trying to understand the concept of consent is what gets men into trouble. This sounds like the type of man who thinks he's making a brilliant gotcha "feminists are evil" point when he notices that "the woman's opinion" is literally the ONLY thing separating sex from rape (which, of course, indicates that women have waaaaaay too much power in our society).

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

dhex

Post by dhex » 05 Dec 2017, 20:47

Shem wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 18:30
Oh my God, it's the thot police.
Clap slash devil horns.

Also I told my wife to Google return of kings when she asked me about this stuff last week. I don't think she's forgiven me yet.
"I like you, but you are a film moron." - db

Shem

Post by Shem » 05 Dec 2017, 20:50

That's grounds for divorce in some states.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 05 Dec 2017, 22:09

thot is still a word to be used? damn i'm old
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 05 Dec 2017, 22:46

Given who these guys are, they shouldn't turn away loose women.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 05 Dec 2017, 23:03

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:46
yeah. that's a rookie mistake.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 06 Dec 2017, 07:58

dhex wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 20:47
Shem wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 18:30
Oh my God, it's the thot police.
Clap slash devil horns.

Also I told my wife to Google return of kings when she asked me about this stuff last week. I don't think she's forgiven me yet.
But it’s the combo of harassing women and Roosh literally crying into the camera about not having babies that makes this so great.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 06 Dec 2017, 09:48

I never knew the term thot. Familiar with the discussion around it.

So, bottom line, haha nice shem.

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 06 Dec 2017, 10:51

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:46
I suspect the problem is they aren't loose enough with them, personally.

But it's always ironic that these guys cry "replacement" and "muh birthrates" and yet do this.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 06 Dec 2017, 10:54

Now, how are they on species? Because this ibis is trying to dog whistle avian support.

Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Jan 2018, 10:59

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 02 Jan 2018, 12:10

My reaction upon reading that: https://giphy.com/gifs/5eFp76zhsq3uw

It's only the second day of the year, not even noon, and I've had too much internet for the month.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

pistoffnick

Post by pistoffnick » 02 Jan 2018, 12:25

That is very good trolling.
Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 02 Jan 2018, 12:39

It's been around a few years, but I'm fond of it.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Jan 2018, 12:42

Yeah, I've seen it so many times, that's kind of the most unbelievable part about those comments.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 02 Jan 2018, 12:43

nicole wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 12:42
Yeah, I've seen it so many times, that's kind of the most unbelievable part about those comments.
Well, I recognize those comments from years past, too. I assume they were from the original share.
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 02 Jan 2018, 12:47

I can absolutely hear Salma Hayek's voice reading that.

dhex

Post by dhex » 02 Jan 2018, 13:32

paranoia + low info + inspirational quotes on fb + a woman = larfs
"I like you, but you are a film moron." - db

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2018, 15:51

Some of the responses to this are downright depressing.

"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 02 Jan 2018, 15:54

I'm just happy she used "some men."

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2018, 16:03

Sandy wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 15:54
I'm just happy she used "some men."
But of course that still wasn't enough for the misogynistic fuckwits who apparently take massive umbrage upon learning women don't actually like being sexually harassed.

I genuinely cannot understand such a mindset. It's like, when I'm reading blogs or websites from black Americans on the theme "This-here racism sure is getting us down," I don't get angry over the fact that they don't start out by saying "First, let us praise the GOOD white people, such as Jennifer, who are NOT racist and do NOT make excuses for those who are." I can't even realistically imagine myself responding thusly.

nicole

Post by nicole » 03 Jan 2018, 15:52

"But what about when the guys are all tapped out?"
For my study, I interviewed a racially diverse collection of college men who had reported having unwanted sex with a woman. (In total, I interviewed 39 people – a standard number for a sociological study of this nature.)

It’s important to clarify the difference between “unwanted sex” and “assault.” With sex that’s unwanted (but not assault), a person makes a choice to have sex even though they could have stopped it. In contrast, with sexual assault or rape, the sex is both unwanted and forced. In other words, all sexual assault is unwanted sex, but not all unwanted sex is sexual assault.

The men that I interviewed felt they could have stopped the encounter, but didn’t for various reasons. These men were reluctant to call their experiences sexual assault, and were more comfortable with terms such as “unwanted” and “nonconsensual.”

Given the prevalence of partying and sexual experimentation on college campuses, I initially suspected most of these experiences happened after a night of binge drinking.

But only 8 of the 39 men reported being drunk when they had unwanted sex; instead, most of the scenarios ended up being pretty ordinary. Some said they didn’t want to have sex because they didn’t feel a connection. Others were hesitant because they were tired, there was no condom or they wanted to do something physical other than intercourse.
There was little talk of uncontrollable biological urges, or powerful female seductresses. Instead, many described having unwanted sex in order to project an image and to take advantage of a sexual opportunity. They worried that saying “no” to sex might be strange, immature, offensive or emasculating. A looming fear was ridicule, and they didn’t want to be talked about as the kind of man who rejects sex with an attractive woman, lest others might see them as a “virgin,” an “idiot” or someone who’s “gay.”
http://theconversation.com/what-about-y ... -sex-88677

Well, patriarchy does oppress everyone after all.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 03 Jan 2018, 16:33

39 people – a standard number for a sociological study of this nature
That right there just means the problem is widespread, not specific to your study.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jan 2018, 21:16

There was little talk of uncontrollable biological urges, or powerful female seductresses.
Well, no. Those make you want an encounter.

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Feb 2018, 02:23

Wtf? Also, the thought of Jordan Peterson settling anything with fists is pretty lulzy.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex