The Enemy of My Enemy

Post by nicole » 13 Feb 2017, 16:43

A thread for the Ds in Trump's A
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

nicole

Re: The Enemy of My Enemy

Post by nicole » 13 Feb 2017, 16:43

Was this supposed to make Warren look...good?

https://theawl.com/senator-mom-611af09f977d#.ds0r9ws8o

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 13 Feb 2017, 16:46

What. Was. That.

nicole

Post by nicole » 13 Feb 2017, 16:47

Right?

Highway

Post by Highway » 13 Feb 2017, 17:16

"Hmm, where can I post my Rachel Maddow / Elizabeth Warren slashfic?" I didn't read to the end, but I assume that they ended up in bed together after Gorsuch left, right?
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

nicole

Post by nicole » 13 Feb 2017, 18:30

Worse.
Senator Warren began streaming “What’s Up?” by the 4 Non Blondes from her iPhone.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 13 Feb 2017, 18:33

Wait -- was that fan fiction, or was it real? I gave up around the time Warren criticized Gorsuch for his middle name -- whatever legitimate complaints one might make about the man, blaming him for the name his parents chose to bestow upon him is not one of them.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

nicole

Post by nicole » 13 Feb 2017, 18:35

It was fan fiction. But it was pro-Warren fan fiction!

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 13 Feb 2017, 18:41

Oh, for fuck's sake. That writer has about as much self-awareness as my old vanity-novel author who expected readers to admire and sympathize with her psychotic protagonist, Bitch Stole Mah Man.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 13 Feb 2017, 19:05

Warren fanfic? Where's the "Balls over broken glass" scene?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 14 Feb 2017, 00:09

nicole wrote:It was fan fiction. But it was pro-Warren fan fiction!
I'm coining a new term: wonkfic.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 14 Feb 2017, 01:21

Here's one that was actually published.
Something is dawning on us—it’s almost too soon for us to admit, but it’s there, a half-considered thought only now blooming in our brains. Maybe we dismiss it with one of those quick cognitive fly swats. Nah, too early to say or I hate that guy. But the truth is coming, and it sounds like this: Barack Obama will be inducted into the league of Great Presidents.

Wait. One of the Greatest? you ask, your thumb emoticon poised to turn up or down on me. The guy haters love to hate with their very best hate game? Like 20-Dollar Bill great? Like Mount Rushmore great?

Yep. (We just won’t build Mount Rushmores anymore.) In so many ways, Obama was better than we imagined, better than the body politic deserved, and far, far better than his enemies will ever concede, but the great thing about being great is that the verdict of enemies doesn’t matter.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 14 Feb 2017, 01:42

I don't consider Barack Augustus to be all that great, honestly, but make no mistake about it: He was the first black President, he presided over decreasing unemployment, and he will surely look better than his predecessor and successor. Those facts, and the fact that he was a liberal, all but guarantee that he'll be canonized in the civic religion promulgated via k-12 history books.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 14 Feb 2017, 01:46

I eagerly await the revisionist take on FDR.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 14 Feb 2017, 02:38

Honestly that article is just sickening. How you could write about another human in that manner is baffling to me.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 14 Feb 2017, 03:13

thoreau wrote:I don't consider Barack Augustus to be all that great, honestly, but make no mistake about it: He was the first black President, he presided over decreasing unemployment, and he will surely look better than his predecessor and successor. Those facts, and the fact that he was a liberal, all but guarantee that he'll be canonized in the civic religion promulgated via k-12 history books.
Thus far, Obama definitely qualifies as the greatest president of the 21st century.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 14 Feb 2017, 03:38

Bill has him beat.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 14 Feb 2017, 10:42

I don't doubt the legend of Barry will continue to thrive. 1st black plus followed by this guy is going to lift you. I miss him already and I kinda hated him.
Last edited by JasonL on 14 Feb 2017, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

Mo

Post by Mo » 14 Feb 2017, 10:51

JasonL wrote:I don't the legend of Barry will continue to thrive. 1st black plus followed by this guy is going to lift you. I miss him already and I kinda hated him.
Seriously, I wish the people that backfilled me in my jobs were this incompetent. I would be perceived as a god.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 15 Feb 2017, 09:43

Tfw you have no mf idea how this shit works

pistoffnick

Post by pistoffnick » 15 Feb 2017, 10:00

nicole wrote:Tfw you have no mf idea how this shit works
I'd v*te for George Clinton!
Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Feb 2017, 10:08

pistoffnick wrote:
nicole wrote:Tfw you have no mf idea how this shit works
I'd v*te for George Clinton!
I believe his birth on another planet only to arrive on the Mothership makes him constitutionally ineligible.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Feb 2017, 10:22

JasonL wrote:I don't doubt the legend of Barry will continue to thrive. 1st black plus followed by this guy is going to lift you. I miss him already and I kinda hated him.
Before Trump was even sworn in, Matt and the 5th Column crew were saying how the deification of BHO was underway. That the left would glorify and revise his time the way the right did with Ronnie Raygun.

Trump is a clown that pisses off everybody. The amount of damage he's allowed to get away with is exceptionally low. For that reason he's easily the best president of the 21st century. I hope he has four terms.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 15 Feb 2017, 10:27

Warren wrote:
JasonL wrote:I don't doubt the legend of Barry will continue to thrive. 1st black plus followed by this guy is going to lift you. I miss him already and I kinda hated him.
Before Trump was even sworn in, Matt and the 5th Column crew were saying how the deification of BHO was underway. That the left would glorify and revise his time the way the right did with Ronnie Raygun.

Trump is a clown that pisses off everybody. The amount of damage he's allowed to get away with is exceptionally low. For that reason he's easily the best president of the 21st century. I hope he has four terms.
If the levee holds, I'd agree with you, but I'm withholding judgment until I have more data on how much damage he'll be able to get away with. The past few weeks are just opening salvos...
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Feb 2017, 10:28

Taktix® wrote:
Warren wrote:

If the levee holds, I'd agree with you, but I'm withholding judgment until I have more data on how much damage he'll be able to get away with. The past few weeks are just opening salvos...
Agreed. I'm still a bit giddy over how hard the Ban Hammer came down on the travel ban.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT