If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Hugh Akston

Re: If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Post by Hugh Akston »

A US Citizen died in CBP custody
The agency did not identify the man in its Wednesday statement, but said he was a US citizen and that he was arrested as a suspect in an "alien smuggling incident."
According to the statement, the man was arrested around 3 p.m. Tuesday and taken to the Brackettville, Texas, station to be processed. The man "began exhibiting signs of distress," and EMT-certified agents gave the man first aid and called local Emergency Medical Services as his health deteriorated, the statement said.
EMS arrived 40 minutes later and took him to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:37 p.m. local time.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I see a border wall and I want it painted black
President Trump is pushing for the border wall to be painted black, which could up the price of the project by $500 million, according to contracts obtained by the Washington Post.

Military and border officials have tried to dissuade the president from the design preference because of the initial cost as well as upkeep, according to the Post. Trump has reportedly insisted that the design would deter unauthorized immigrants from climbing it.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Warren

Post by Warren »

He sees the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes.
Nobody, men included, wants a world where men treat women with the same respect they show to other men. - thoreau
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

This is no-hyperbole Evil with a capital E:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/us/p ... 9PqfBGBKtk
“We need to take away children,” Mr. Sessions told the prosecutors, according to participants’ notes. One added in shorthand: “If care about kids, don’t bring them in. Won’t give amnesty to people with kids.”

Rod J. Rosenstein, then the deputy attorney general, went even further in a second call about a week later, telling the five prosecutors that it did not matter how young the children were. He said that government lawyers should not have refused to prosecute two cases simply because the children were barely more than infants.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b