If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Eric the .5b

Re: If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 Apr 2019, 01:11

Taktix® wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 00:36
Leaders in sanctuary cities should call Trump's bluff and say yes to the plot to ship asylum seekers to sanctuary cities, then immediately set up fast-track processing centers well out of the reach of the Customs and Border Patrol.

Instant immigration reform, instant neutralizing of Trump's main campaign issue...
Ayup.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 13 Apr 2019, 06:34

I like that idea.

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Apr 2019, 10:36

Eric the .5b wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 01:11
Taktix® wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 00:36
Leaders in sanctuary cities should call Trump's bluff and say yes to the plot to ship asylum seekers to sanctuary cities, then immediately set up fast-track processing centers well out of the reach of the Customs and Border Patrol.

Instant immigration reform, instant neutralizing of Trump's main campaign issue...
Ayup.
That's brilliant.
We fucked up, so we're going to need more money. - Tuco

Mo

If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Post by Mo » 13 Apr 2019, 14:56

Looks like the NYDN agrees.
IMG_3673.jpg
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 16 Apr 2019, 10:40

Immigration officials last week deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan in 2010, leaving the couple's 12-year-daughter in Phoenix without parents. https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 2VEfo4tbgs

They reversed their decision but still. jfc. Let's Clarkhat the system to the ground.
"He's just an idiot elected by idiots." - Pham

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 16 Apr 2019, 10:50

This could all be fixed if someone at ICE tried to hurt John Wick's dog.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 16 Apr 2019, 17:38

Ellie wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:40
Immigration officials last week deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan in 2010, leaving the couple's 12-year-daughter in Phoenix without parents. https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 2VEfo4tbgs

They reversed their decision but still. jfc. Let's Clarkhat the system to the ground.
Of course Clarkhat has started cheering for this sort of thing, apparently (may be more nuance but ... dude's not not making excuses for magas).
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 16 Apr 2019, 18:42

I heard she just wanted to spend more time separating her family.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 17 Apr 2019, 20:35

lunchstealer wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 17:38
Ellie wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:40

Of course Clarkhat has started cheering for this sort of thing, apparently (may be more nuance but ... dude's not not making excuses for magas).
Yeah, not surprised.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 20 Apr 2019, 06:25

So, this is what's going on down here.

http://www.newsradiokkob.com/2019/04/19 ... rder-game/

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 20 Apr 2019, 14:05

Tuco wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 06:25

The really scary thought to me is not whether psychos like these are nerving up to massacre a bunch of "Invaders" and throw them in shallow graves, but whether it's already happened at least once.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 20 Apr 2019, 15:54

Eric the .5b wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 14:05
Tuco wrote:

The really scary thought to me is not whether psychos like these are nerving up to massacre a bunch of "Invaders" and throw them in shallow graves, but whether it's already happened at least once.
I basically take it for granted that, of all the horrors we have learned about from our concentration camps and those who want to put more people in them -- babies crawling with lice after going months without a bath, kids dying of sepsis and other medical-neglect issues, kids being raped -- that's NOTHING compared to the full horror of what's going on.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 20 Apr 2019, 20:29

Eric the .5b wrote:
Tuco wrote:

I just threw up in my throat a little, Eric. Not because the notion is inconceivable or 'impossible,' but because the possibility never occurred to me and I can't think of a reason it couldn't happen.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 20 Apr 2019, 21:28

On the one hand, I could just about believe anything, given how much terrible shit has happened to vulnerable people at border crossings.

On the other hand, I've heard that most of the militias are wannabes who would probably go into panic mode and do stupid shit if they did manage to commit an atrocity. I'm skeptical that they'd be able to keep it to themselves, with the irredeemable half of them bragging about it and the barely redeemable half having nervous breakdowns and confessing to someone.

Also, law enforcement isn't always very competent, but I've never gotten the impression that they care much for vigilantes. Less because of human rights and more because "Ain't nobody gonna commit atrocities...I mean, follow all procedures in a tragic but isolated incident...except a member of our union!" If somebody tries to privatize atrocities it just means that some unionized LEO won't get a chance to collect full pay while on leave during the cover-up...I mean, thorough investigation.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 20 Apr 2019, 21:55

Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 21 Apr 2019, 06:08

Aresen wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 20:29
Eric the .5b wrote:
Tuco wrote:

I just threw up in my throat a little, Eric. Not because the notion is inconceivable or 'impossible,' but because the possibility never occurred to me and I can't think of a reason it couldn't happen.
If it helps, just know that some of us live down here and are watching these fucks. Also, graves require digging, which is a little more work than these folks are up to doing.

The state-sponsored goons are the ones with all the combinations and access to everything and qualified immunity and all that.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 21 Apr 2019, 06:16

So this is what it's come to: An agency I dislike has arrested someone for something I think is a bullshit reason, and my thoughts are, "way to go, guys."

We're sure getting that border crisis now.

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 21 Apr 2019, 09:26

Tuco wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 06:16
So this is what it's come to: An agency I dislike has arrested someone for something I think is a bullshit reason, and my thoughts are, "way to go, guys."

I like to think of it as Quantum Schadenfreude.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 21 Apr 2019, 09:41

Pham Nuwen wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 09:26
Tuco wrote:

Ah yes. Schadenfreude's cat.
We fucked up, so we're going to need more money. - Tuco

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 21 Apr 2019, 18:19

Tuco wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 06:08
Aresen wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 20:29
Eric the .5b wrote:
Tuco wrote:

If it helps, just know that some of us live down here and are watching these fucks. Also, graves require digging, which is a little more work than these folks are up to doing.

The state-sponsored goons are the ones with all the combinations and access to everything and qualified immunity and all that.
It helps me a bit. But then, I guess I'm less worried about fat-asses impersonating LEOs than skinheads and the like getting involved. (Obligatory wave to however many non-racist skins are left.)

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 22 Apr 2019, 06:46

You know how in Huckleberry Finn, there's that mob that shows up to lynch that old man and he stands them off, saying all a lynch mob needs is a bunch of nobodies and one man at the head? And that particular bunch had found them a half-man and to g'wan, git and come back with a real man? Well, that's these guys. They've found their orange half-a-man and can still be backed down.

And to piggyback on Thoreau's point above, even though it pains me something awful to admit, I'll have to say that from what I've seen, the Border Patrol has been doing a pretty good job of keeping these groups away. Where we are, down by Antelope Wells, everything on both sides of the highway is private land. BP, of course, has access, and they do tend to guard it jealously. That leaves the highway and right-of-way. And since these refugees are trying to get caught, they cross right there. And leave their trash. So goddamn much trash. Anyway, it's different in Luna and Doña Ana counties, where there's a lot more public land and roads.

In Mexico, there's a long history of bad things happening to migrants from the south, including mass murder. As more and more stack up on the border, and Mexicans run out of patience, I'm betting we'll start seeing more atrocities from there. The safest place is probably an American Concentration Camp. Because people suck.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 22 Apr 2019, 06:49

Warren wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 09:41
Pham Nuwen wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 09:26
Tuco wrote:

Ah yes. Schadenfreude's cat.
I am going to write a song titled, "Schadenfreude's Cat."