If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

lunchstealer

Re: If We Build It, They'll Probably Still Come

Post by lunchstealer » 29 Jun 2018, 12:39

Hooray. Abuse of minors across the valley from my birthplace! You're brown? You've got an accent? Congrats, you're in MS-13!

https://apnews.com/amp/afc80e51b562462c ... ssion=true
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Mo

Post by Mo » 29 Jun 2018, 22:17

Hey, we’re not forcing toddlers to represent themselves in court. We don’t give them public defenders, but sometimes pro bono lawyers show up. And at the end of the day almost four in five toddlers have legal representation. Why are people pissed?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mic ... s-colbert/
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Jul 2018, 20:36

ICE, the child molesters of law enforcement.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

nicole

Post by nicole » 06 Jul 2018, 09:54

Tfw you live in Wyoming, think "we're full," but also have a child

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis » 06 Jul 2018, 13:31

nicole wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 09:54
Tfw you live in Wyoming, think "we're full," but also have a child

That's amazing. Of all the anti-immigration arguments, this is the one that it is most laughable on its face. If someone lives in San Francisco or New York or SoCal I might think it's dumb but at least I can understand why they might think that. Someone from Wyoming saying that makes me wonder how he is intelligent enough to operate that stroller.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 06 Jul 2018, 14:11

I hope the kid isn't actually his. I'd hate to think that his DNA is being passed along.

At least illegal immigrants have DNA for climbing, jumping, swimming, surviving dehydration, and outwitting border guards. Let them in; the gene pool needs a boost.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Jul 2018, 16:09

A lawsuit filed by a migrant woman whose 14-month-old was returned to her after 85 days says the baby's clothes weref illed with dirt and lice when she got him back; apparently the kid has not been bathed at all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 35456.html
A child was returned to his parents “full of dirt and lice” 85 days after being taken by US immigration and customs enforcement (ICE) at the border, according to his mother.

Olivia Caceras made the claim about her 14-month-old son in a lawsuit filed by 17 states and Washington DC against Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” family separation policy at the US border that has resulted in more than 2,300 children being separated from parents or guardians upon entry.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions had even made seeking asylum a crime and those who had crossed the border illegally for the first time were detained separately from their children and sent to facilities throughout Texas and beyond.

Ms Caceras’ testimony is one of many included in the court filing, totalling nearly 1,000 pages.

She said about her son’s return: “He continued to cry when we got home and would hold on to my leg and would not left me go”.

“When I took off his clothes, he was full of dirt and lice...It seems like they had not bathed him the 85 days he was away from us,” she noted.
I wonder how long it'll be before the first kids start dying of mistreatment in our concentration camps. And how much longer it'll be before we hear about this.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 06 Jul 2018, 18:03

...I have no response that would be wise to say in a public forum.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 06 Jul 2018, 18:17

The thing about body lice is that (duh) if one kid is infested, it's a sure bet that lots of kids are. And IIRC, body lice is far worse than head lice, because head lice will "only" make your head horribly itchy, whereas body lice spreads all sorts of wretched diseases, including typhus.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT -- by having kids in our concentration camps die of the same thing that killed Anne Frank.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 06 Jul 2018, 18:33

These kids parents make me rethink my stance on CPS taking away kids. Alternatively, how cock-punching is a violation of NAP.

Mo

Post by Mo » 27 Jul 2018, 15:29

A Canadian coworker, with a work visa was stopped at the border by CBP. This coworker is in our consulting arm. The CBP moron said, “[Employer] isn’t a consulting company,” they did a 10 minute interview, didn’t look at his valid paperwork and revoked his visa. Nothing our lawyers could do at the time. Outside counsel should make big bucks on a slam dunk win.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 27 Jul 2018, 16:29

Mo wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 15:29
A Canadian coworker, with a work visa was stopped at the border by CBP. This coworker is in our consulting arm. The CBP moron said, “[Employer] isn’t a consulting company,” they did a 10 minute interview, didn’t look at his valid paperwork and revoked his visa. Nothing our lawyers could do at the time. Outside counsel should make big bucks on a slam dunk win.
I thought CBP and CBP employees was essentially immune from any sort of lawsuit. (I thought I heard stories about them essentially flouting habeus corpus and ignoring SCOTUS.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 27 Jul 2018, 16:36

Aresen wrote:
Mo wrote:
I thought CBP and CBP employees was essentially immune from any sort of lawsuit. (I thought I heard stories about them essentially flouting habeus corpus and ignoring SCOTUS.)
The employee is immune, which is horseshit, but CBP can be sued. I think for something egregious like this, i.e. employees who think only consulting companies have consulting arms, you can probably hit for damages.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 27 Jul 2018, 16:39

Mo wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 16:36
Aresen wrote:
Mo wrote:
The employee is immune, which is horseshit, but CBP can be sued. I think for something egregious like this, i.e. employees who think only consulting companies have consulting arms, you can probably hit for damages.
Thanks for clarifying.

I think the old saying
If I had a dog that dumb, I'd put it down
applies here.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Jul 2018, 16:17

A six-year-old girl taken from her mother was later sexually abused in a migrant detention center. The girl was then forced to sign a statement saying it is her responsibility to stay away from her abuser.

EDIT: Fixed worst possible typo, in this context.
Last edited by Jennifer on 28 Jul 2018, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 28 Jul 2018, 17:27

Jennifer wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 16:17
... saying it is her responsibility to stay away from her accuser.
Might want to check your autocorrect on that one, Jennifer.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Jul 2018, 17:29

Fixed! Terrible typo, but not nearly as terrible as the atrocity described in the story.

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Aug 2018, 04:35

I may make an exception to my opposition to the death penalty here. But it's ok, according to her PR flacks Axios, Ivanka feels so bad about the child separations that she was struck mute when it was an ongoing issue.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 03 Aug 2018, 06:30

An alternate take is that the Trump administration discovered and prosecuted a sexual predator who was hired under Obama administration policies.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Aug 2018, 08:17

Kolohe wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 06:30
An alternate take is that the Trump administration discovered and prosecuted a sexual predator who was hired under Obama administration policies.
Your job interview is complete, you now have your choice of writing for the Federalist or the Tucker Carlson show.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 03 Aug 2018, 10:19

Mo wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 08:17
Kolohe wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 06:30
Your job interview is complete, you now have your choice of writing for the Federalist or the Tucker Carlson show.

(it just came to me that I feel bad for John de Lancie, now that some online idjots messed up a perfectly good letter he was squatting on)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 07 Aug 2018, 08:58

This is just too depressing for me to even crack jokes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... ts-n897931
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Aug 2018, 14:33

nicole wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 08:58
This is just too depressing for me to even crack jokes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... ts-n897931
What's especially reprehensible, according to another article I read on the matter, is that "Obamacare subsidies" are apparently to be included among the "benefits" which would disqualify people. Except Obamacare is a legal obligation. Miller and the Trumpsters are basically proposing to penalize immigrants for obeying the law.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 11 Aug 2018, 17:35

Two U.S. citizens in Aurora are fighting the attempted deportation of their adopted four-year-old daughter.

Highway

Post by Highway » 11 Aug 2018, 17:50

I know there are ridiculous bureaucracies, but why is this one so atrocious? Is it the opposite department or something? Do they just figure out how they can make themselves look as bad as possible?
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."