The Abortion Thread

Jennifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by Jennifer » 05 Oct 2019, 23:25

What really concerns me, assuming abortion rights are eliminated, is that the damage won't "only" be limited to pregnant women who get abortions (or want them), just as the War on Drugs' damage is not "only" limited to those who buy, sell or use illegal drugs. There have been too many innocent-victim horror stories to count -- I remember the woman who was in jail for some weeks while cops took their sweet time figuring out that no, the old spoon in her car had Spaghetti-O residue on it rather than drug residue -- and if you like what the War on Intoxicating Substances has done to American civil liberties, you'll LOVE what the War on Baby-Murderin' Sluts is going to do!
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Shem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Shem » 06 Oct 2019, 13:29

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 23:06
I don't see Roe surviving another three term.
That worries me for a number of reasons, not least of all the potential for it to become another Dred Scott in terms of solidifying balkanization.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 29 Nov 2019, 13:31

Ohio bill will require doctors to reimplant ectopic pregnancies (a medically impossible procedure); doctors who do not will be charged with "abortion murder."

This is the same state that previously made headlines for trying to force an 11-year-old rape victim to become her rapist's babymama. Presumably they learned something from THAT debacle; this bill only mandates mamahood for girls who are at LEAST 13.

Still waiting for them freedom-lovin' "let's ban abortion" libertarians to explain how they propose to implement an abortion ban without trampling all over the rights of women and girls.
“There is no procedure to reimplant an ectopic pregnancy,” said Dr Chris Zahn, vice-president of practice activities at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. “It is not possible to move an ectopic pregnancy from a fallopian tube, or anywhere else it might have implanted, to the uterus,” he said.

“Reimplantation is not physiologically possible. Women with ectopic pregnancies are at risk for catastrophic hemorrhage and death in the setting of an ectopic pregnancy, and treating the ectopic pregnancy can certainly save a mom’s life,” said Zahn.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... 1575018204
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 29 Nov 2019, 21:11

How exactly did Ohio lose its shit?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 29 Nov 2019, 22:56

It's not just Ohio. A Pennsylvania bill would require burials and death certificates for miscarriages, abortions and fertilized eggs that never implanted in the uterus.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xwy ... ggs-hb1890
Anti-choice lawmakers in Pennsylvania have taken recent attempts to implement fetal personhood legislation to a new extreme: A new bill moving through the state legislature would redefine fetal death to mean death at any point in pregnancy, starting at conception, and require health providers to cremate or bury all fetal remains unless the pregnant person chooses to handle disposal on their own.

The bill is written in a way that it would require providers to obtain death certificates not just for miscarriages and abortions, but even for fertilized eggs that don't implant in the uterus. It would subject anyone who fails to do so to a $50 to $300 fine, or up to 30 days in prison. Death certificates get filed to the state, though the bill says identifying information will remain confidential.

The “Pennsylvania Final Disposition of Fetal Remains Act,” or House Bill 1890, is modeled on legislation Vice President Mike Pence signed into law as Indiana governor in 2016, which requires miscarried or aborted fetuses to be buried or cremated. Fetal burial laws serve no medical purpose but add additional costs and regulations on abortion providers.

Yet in May, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld this provision of the Indiana law, which included several other restrictions on abortion, citing a precedent that granted state governments a “legitimate interest in proper disposal of fetal remains.” ...

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 30 Nov 2019, 02:06

Well trump has aborted their support from suburban women who are also the most pro choice of the GOP base, so at this point their only hope is to get every rabid nut job on the registration lists to get out there for their nutjobbiest psychopathy. Batshit abortion lunacy is gonna get the evangelists and own the libtard vote riled up, maybe?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 30 Nov 2019, 11:04

The Dem nominee will be so unpalatable Trump will be re-elected in spite of the fact that he never wanted to be president and is doing everything he knows how to be removed from office.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 30 Nov 2019, 14:07

Warren wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 11:04
The Dem nominee will be so unpalatable Trump will be re-elected in spite of the fact that he never wanted to be president and is doing everything he knows how to be removed from office.
Minority voter suppression and gerrymandering will definitely help Trump's 2020 chances. His might be the third Republican victory in 20 years to get the numerical minority of voters.