Orange is the new President

Shem

Re: Orange is the new President

Post by Shem »

Trump don't strike me as the sort of guy uh...generous enough to do a lot of carpet chewing.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Shem wrote: 06 Aug 2020, 14:29 Trump don't strike me as the sort of guy uh...generous enough to do a lot of carpet chewing.
Yeah I always thought one of the evangelicals' problems with Hillary was all her carpet chewing.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Oh, so this is more about Maude Lebowski and less about The Dude's interior decorating.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

This administration just keeps on giving (or, more accurately, taking):

Steve Bannon charged with fraud over Mexico wall funds

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon has been arrested and charged with fraud over a fundraising campaign to build a wall on the US-Mexico border.

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

He is due to appear in court later.

The "We build the wall" campaign pledged to use donations to build segments of the border barrier - whose construction was a key Trump promise during the 2016 election - on private land.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

I'm strangely unmoved by these loathsome turds bilking money out of hateful xenophobes.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:17 I'm strangely unmoved by these loathsome turds bilking money out of hateful xenophobes.
I'm looking at it as farce, not tragedy.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Bannon, 66, was taken into custody by agents from the U.S. Postal Service.
We thought 2020 was The Stand but actually it's The Firm.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Aresen wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:01 This administration just keeps on giving (or, more accurately, taking):

Steve Bannon charged with fraud over Mexico wall funds

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon has been arrested and charged with fraud over a fundraising campaign to build a wall on the US-Mexico border.

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

He is due to appear in court later.

The "We build the wall" campaign pledged to use donations to build segments of the border barrier - whose construction was a key Trump promise during the 2016 election - on private land.

It’s imo being underreported in the headlines that Brian Kolfage, the disabled vet that started this thing, also was indicted.

ETA for Andrew Badolato, another indicted conspirator, it’s not his first rodeo.
https://observer.com/2018/04/steve-bann ... -badolato/
eta2 - and confusingly enough the fourth person indicted, Timothy Shea, has the same name as Trump’s DEA chief.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex
thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Ellie wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:30
The Postal Service is still together? I'd have liked to see Bannon's face when Jenny Lewis put the cuffs on him.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo
D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

thoreau wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:41
Ellie wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:30
The Postal Service is still together? I'd have liked to see Bannon's face when Jenny Lewis put the cuffs on him.
Well, Trump has been warning us about mail fraud.
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Hugh Akston wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:17 I'm strangely unmoved by these loathsome turds bilking money out of hateful xenophobes.
Yeah, but as long as they can't recover the money and return it to the donors, having bannon in a cage is at least poetical.

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Barr leaned on Fox News to silence Judge Napolitano.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ssion=true
--Mo
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

thoreau wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 15:20 Barr leaned on Fox News to silence Judge Napolitano.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ssion=true
Curiously, I do remember not hearing much from Napolitano at the time of the Impeachment. I figured it was because he was, like the rest of Fox News, backing Trump's side and therefore not distinguishable from the rest of the Fox network.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Trump accuses 'deep state' FDA of thwarting efforts for coronavirus treatments until after election
President Trump on Saturday accused the “deep state” at the Food and Drug Administration of making it hard for drug companies to test coronavirus treatments -- and suggested the agency is trying to delay them until after Election Day.

“The deep state, or whoever, over at the FDA is making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics,” he tweeted. “Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd. Must focus on speed, and saving lives!”

He also tagged FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn in the tweet. Trump later re-tweeted a Twitter Moments story from June that reported on the FDA’s decision to revoke emergency-use authorization for hydroxychloroquine -- a drug Trump has promoted as a "game changer" in the pandemic.

“Many doctors and studies disagree with this!” he said.
I don't see why he's concerned. Most of his supporters are anti-vaxxers anyways.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

The Nobel Prize continues to be a very serious institution
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — An anti-immigrant Norwegian lawmaker said Wednesday that he has nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in the Middle East.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian parliament for the populist Progress Party, said Trump should be considered because of his work “for a peace agreement between the United Arab Emirates and Israel which opens up for possible peace in the Middle East.”
Nominations must be sent to the Norwegian Nobel Committee by Feb. 1, meaning the deadline to nominate people for this year's peace prize has passed.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 14:49 The Nobel Prize continues to be a very serious institution
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — An anti-immigrant Norwegian lawmaker said Wednesday that he has nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in the Middle East.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian parliament for the populist Progress Party, said Trump should be considered because of his work “for a peace agreement between the United Arab Emirates and Israel which opens up for possible peace in the Middle East.”
Nominations must be sent to the Norwegian Nobel Committee by Feb. 1, meaning the deadline to nominate people for this year's peace prize has passed.
Next year's Peace Prize is reserved for Joe Biden (for "Not being Trump) if he wins the election. Never mind that Joe is a warmonger.

Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Trump includes Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley on Supreme Court list
President Trump on Wednesday listed 20 additional candidates he would consider for the Supreme Court if he’s re-elected, including three Republican senators.

Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Josh Hawley of Missouri made the list. Hawley is a former clerk for Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Aresen wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 18:12 Trump includes Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley on Supreme Court list
President Trump on Wednesday listed 20 additional candidates he would consider for the Supreme Court if he’s re-elected, including three Republican senators.

Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Josh Hawley of Missouri made the list. Hawley is a former clerk for Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.
Was Ivanka too busy?
lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Hugh Akston wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 18:39
Aresen wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 18:12 Trump includes Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley on Supreme Court list

Was Ivanka too busy?
Yeah she has her mouth full with other matters.

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

It says something that Trump would prefer Ted Cruz over Tiffany.

Girl should sue.
--Mo
Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

The person I really want to hear from is the actor Trump hired to be a fake Obama that Trump could demean and then fire.

I'm sure he signed an NDA, but so did all the other people who did dirty with Trump, and that didn't stop them from coming out publicly.
Aresen

Post by Aresen »

Hugh Akston wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 18:10 The person I really want to hear from is the actor Trump hired to be a fake Obama that Trump could demean and then fire.

I'm sure he signed an NDA, but so did all the other people who did dirty with Trump, and that didn't stop them from coming out publicly.
I'm sure the money for the tell-all story would be nice, but the guy wouldn't be able to show his face anywhere.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston »

Aresen wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 18:28
Hugh Akston wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 18:10 The person I really want to hear from is the actor Trump hired to be a fake Obama that Trump could demean and then fire.

I'm sure the money for the tell-all story would be nice, but the guy wouldn't be able to show his face anywhere.
On the one hand I imagine there's good money to be made as an Obama impersonator, and going public with this would be a good publicity.

On the other hand, there's at least a 33% chance that the guy looks nothing like Obama because Trump hired the first/cheapest black actor who auditioned.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

The video is here: https://youtu.be/urFPm857tJA

They don't even show Fake Obama! It's all the back of his head or his hands or his chin. I bet they didn't even hire an actor, just scanned their employees and interns for a clean-shaven dude with dark skin.

I will say, having watched (by which obviously I mean skipped quickly through) the video, "ritualistically belittled" is a very weird way to describe it. It's just Trump doing the exact same "performance review" shtick he did on The Apprentice. And it's very believable that it was made for the 2012 RNC. I'm not saying it's impossible to imagine Trump making a video of himself firing the president just to get his egotistical rocks off, but ... Occam's Razor probably applies in this case.
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD
Highway

Post by Highway »

A thing nobody seemed to comment on in the Trump dismissal of climate change the other day ("It'll start getting cooler. You just watch.") was when Wade Crowfoot, earlier in his sentence, mentioned that a new high temperature record was set in Death Valley. And Trump, because being #1 is the only thing he can think about, looks over to someone else and smiles and says "That's good." (about 15 seconds into this clip)

Woo! Number 1!!!! Totally the best!
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."